What's new

Musharraf Defends Decision To Refuse Foreign Acces

Owais

Reaction score
Musharraf Defends Decision To Refuse Foreign Access To Nuke Scientist
AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE
Mon, 14 Nov 2005, 05:51

Washington: Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf on Sunday defended his decision to bar foreign authorities from interrogating the founder of Pakistan's nuclear weapons program, disgraced scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan.

"Indeed, I did not allow any foreign organization, any foreigner to directly contact Dr. A.Q. Khan. We are doing it ourselves, and we are capable of doing it," Musharraf told CNN.

Musharraf said Khan's case was "sensitive" due to his popularity in Pakistan, where he is regarded as the father of the country's nuclear bomb.

"I think the sensitivity of ours is quite clearly understood," he said. "This man has been a hero to the man in the street, and therefore, we have to tread in some sensitive areas."

Musharraf pardoned Khan after the scientist admitted in 2004 that he had leaked atomic secrets to Iran, North Korea and Libya. The scientist is being held under house arrest.

Musharraf said Pakistan was able to interrogate Khan without the assistance of the International Atomic Energy Agency or other world organizations.

"Why is it that we are not being trusted for our capability in interrogating him? Why is it that we are not being trusted that we are sharing all the intelligence and information that we get out of him?" Musharraf said.

"Now, if there is a new piece of information that is acquired by anyone, if that is passed onto us, we will again interrogate, and we have full capability of interrogation, and we will again share the information which we have with anyone," he said.

"We are very sincere in sharing all that we acquire in the form of interrogation from him," Musharraf added.

Good work by Musharraf! Same is what i think, why the hell do we need to send our scientist to some other country for interrogation when we can do it peacefully, as of using roughness well dont ask how much our police is capable of doing that, but Khan can't be treated like that and will never be! He is my hero...

I never heard that any foreign country want to interrogate indian nucler scientists, they made nukes much earlier. then why pakistan?

Originally posted by WebMaster+Nov 17 2005, 02:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WebMaster &#064; Nov 17 2005, 02:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Good work by Musharraf&#33; Same is what i think, why the hell do we need to send our scientist to some other country for interrogation when we can do it peacefully, as of using roughness well dont ask how much our police is capable of doing that, but Khan can&#39;t be treated like that and will never be&#33; He is my hero...
[post=3027]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

When Pakistan says that Pakistan is against the nuclear polifiration then if the polifiration is done it must be investigated what is the harm in that

<!--QuoteBegin-Owais

I never heard that any foreign country want to interrogate indian nucler scientists, they made nukes much earlier. then why pakistan? [/quote]

Where it is written that they want to question about the Pakistani nukes they only want to stop nuclear polifiration

I dont see why we should allow them to interogate Khan,I mean what has he done,they act as though Pakistan is the only country in the world that is giving away secrets but,they fail to reconize France,Germany,Russia,Or China for that matter.Also they found evidence that India also provided tech. to both Iran and Iraq but I dont see then International media bashing them.

Originally posted by WebMaster@Nov 16 2005, 10:01 PM
Good work by Musharraf&#33; Same is what i think, why the hell do we need to send our scientist to some other country for interrogation when we can do it peacefully, as of using roughness well dont ask how much our police is capable of doing that, but Khan can&#39;t be treated like that and will never be&#33; He is my hero...
Webby,

There&#39;s no pressure from US to have access to AQ Khan as they are satisfied with the contribution from Pakistani intelligence as quoted recently by Rice and other highly placed figures in washington.
India on the other hand is trying to score a political mile by raising the issue from time to time.
Disgracing and isolating Pakistan is an old concept of their foreign policy, we should not take it seriously.

Like you, many consider AQ Khan as their hero and to some extent he is.
But he&#39;s also disgraced Pakistan and therefor I&#39;m very disappointed in him.

Originally posted by Kaiser@Nov 23 2005, 10:49 PM
I dont see why we should allow them to interogate Khan,I mean what has he done,they act as though Pakistan is the only country in the world that is giving away secrets but,they fail to reconize France,Germany,Russia,Or China for that matter.Also they found evidence that India also provided tech. to both Iran and Iraq but I dont see then International media bashing them.
[post=3545]Quoted post[/post]​
Interresting point you have here&#33;
India has been found guilty for &#39;vertical proliferation&#39;as quoted by conressman Ackerman last week.
They&#39;ve broken or ignored the agreemants to convert a civil nuclear programme for military purposes and thats a fact no one can deny&#33;

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom