What's new

Myanmar moves army to Bangladesh border

Yeah rite, keep showing more and more patience until you get your a$$ kicked so hard to get back to your senses. Look, peace and patience are something they don't give a damn thing about, since they don't understand any of these terms. I'm not advocating for a war, but what I'm trying to say is that we should not sacrifice our dignity and honor for your so-called peaceful alternatives and more than enough patience which would only symbolize nothing but our weakness.

Sometimes it is advisable to make short-term friendship, but never make short-term enemy.

If those commies attack first i expect our military to burn that country to stone age, as apura said....burn their jungles.

That's not the point being made. I think he was pointing out that the present Bangladesh government has the "India" card to play vis-a vis Myanmar, which a BNP government may not. It is not even important whether or not India might intervene, there is simply no way any decision makers in Myanmar can rule that out as a factor especially considering PM Hasina's close relationship with the Indian government.

Yeah, I misunderstood.

Well, see the thing is that the current government is extremely unpopular due to their insane domestic policies. Perhaps those bone-headed Burmese generals should read up some Bangladesh news some time?

And if India is indeed investing a substantial amount of interests into the Awami League, then my friend - the future of India's interests in Bangladesh are at best bleak.

The key mistake India's business and political leaders make is that they don't pay attention to the reality in Bangladesh, and somewhat of a negative perception of the country for reasons best known to themselves.

And besides, India does import natural gas resources to fuel its economic growth. So, there's an interest for India there.

If Myanmar does threaten to violate our territorial sovereignty as per International Law, trust me we'd be capable of defending ourselves. And don't forget, we have far more international support than Myanmar can ever dream of.

Why do you think they boarded the same boat as India over the maritime dispute? :lol:

If those commies attack first i expect our military to burn that country to stone age, as apura said....burn their jungles.

Burning trees is haraam.

Yeah, I misunderstood.

Well, see the thing is that the current government is extremely unpopular due to their insane domestic policies. Perhaps those bone-headed Burmese generals should read up some Bangladesh news some time?

And if India is indeed investing a substantial amount of interests into the Awami League, then my friend - the future of India's interests in Bangladesh are at best bleak.

The key mistake India's business and political leaders make is that they don't pay attention to the reality in Bangladesh, and somewhat of a negative perception of the country for reasons best known to themselves.

And besides, India does import natural gas resources to fuel its economic growth. So, there's an interest for India there.

If Myanmar does threaten to violate our territorial sovereignty as per International Law, trust me we'd be capable of defending ourselves. And don't forget, we have far more international support than Myanmar can ever dream of.

Why do you think they boarded the same boat as India over the maritime dispute? :lol:

Burning trees is haraam.

i am sure in a war our army will not think about whats haram or halal. objective is to win, how you win does not matter.

Yeah rite, keep showing more and more patience until you get your a$$ kicked so hard to get back to your senses. Look, peace and patience are something they don't give a damn thing about, since they don't understand any of these terms. I'm not advocating for a war, but what I'm trying to say is that we should not sacrifice our dignity and honor for your so-called peaceful alternatives and more than enough patience which would only symbolize nothing but our weakness.

If Myanmar moved its army to border we can and should take action to counter that. But how does that translate that to sacrificing our dignity and honor?

And how does Myanmar addition troops in the border means war?

Are we not hyper hyping things here?

Also, are we not selectively sacrificing our dignity and honor in another border?

That being said there are many back channel things can and I am sure are done to look at bright side. And I would give that some latest move govt made are positive on that direction. But I doubt govt inner machinary would allow Bnagladesh to reap any benefit from that. If you are interested more on those move let me know I will send you those details, rather than posting here because war mongering has more value here.

Do you guys really think Myanmar is able to attack us?? Millitarily may be yes but diplomatically a Big N0. A rouge state attacking a functional democracy without reason violating a verdict and world is going to lick lollypop? Generals are worried about their power. Not Bangladesh.

What War!! Why are you lots so eager for a war :confused:
exactly my point man.
What i think is- these Burmese Generals are trying very hard to hold on to the power by any means, they just don't want to let go and then see aung suu in power. Then could be tried in corruption and various cases. Plus a conflict isn't good for neither. We want to invest in Myanmar . We have more to gain than loose in a conflict.

Any member from Myanmar from here in PDF?? we would like to know their point of view as well.

Nope, no member from Myanmar here. But I've met many during my time in high school and college. They hate the Junta at the bottom of their hearts. Not a great opinion of either China and India too.

Pardon my ignorance, but how have BD's relationships been with Burma/Mayanmar historically? Is there any reason for them to station troops near the border?

A big territorial dispute just ended it is natural for both the countries to move their troops in front of the border for the sake of national security.

Back
Top Bottom