What's new

Myanmar moves army to Bangladesh border

There has been no settlement. The case is still before the tribunal. If I am wrong and the AL has reached a prior settlement with India then they have given up billions of dollars of resource wealth to New Delhi. :hitwall:

If they had waited for this ruling then thy will get more than Bangladesh originally wanted. I however think that the case with India is still with the tribunal.

Awami League reaching a prior settlement with India is what I'm fearing most. It's not unlikely, rather very likely. We know these bastards.

I thought it was already established, Myanmar's lawyers are the same of which India is using. Watch Awami League reach a "settlement" before the trial and claim it as a "rightful, free and fair" deal.

I'm pretty sure this unpopular govt. will face disastrous consequences if they try to get india's back this time.

Awami League reaching a prior settlement with India is what I'm fearing most. It's not unlikely, rather very likely. We know these bastards.

A secret agreement. Certainly quite possible. If Myanmar does attack then be pretty sure that either the agreement was broken by the AL or there was no prior agreement.

A secret agreement. Certainly quite possible. If Myanmar does attack then be pretty sure that either the agreement was broken by the AL or there was no prior agreement.

Attack is quite unlikely, myanmar has just start mendind it's image, they have already been advertising for their tourism in the west. Does a war like this where no one will back down worth it for myanmar?

I think India has other means to punish a disobedient Awami League. Also Myanmar wouldn't involve in a proxy war ignoring an ITLOS verdict, because the US wouldn't want farther instability in this region just for Indian cause.

I think India has other means to punish a disobedient Awami League. Also Myanmar wouldn't involve in a proxy war ignoring an ITLOS verdict, because the US wouldn't want farther instability in this region just for Indian cause.

Do you guys know why farakka and tipaimukhi has been settled by politicians rather than the international court. I mean if India builds the dam. Can't we take it to the international court?

Do you guys know why farakka and tipaimukhi has been settled by politicians rather than the international court. I mean if India builds the dam. Can't we take it to the international court?

no, because you don't have any treaty like Indus Water Treaty.

1. Why would Bangladesh want to attack Myanmar? We got a judgment from the international tribunal. This troop build up signifies something else. The geopolitics has changed. Myanmar is now the darling of the US and India and is slightly frosty with China. Myanmar might try to chance it. Who knows what they are thinking.

2. I think everyone is missing the big picture. The ruling in favour of Bangladesh not only goes against Myanmar but also India. If the same principle of equidistance is applied to the dispute with India then that country will lose its claim on the Talpatty Islands and a huge section of the Bay of Bengal where there are dozens of oil and gas exploration blocks. Most of the these will now automatically go to Bangladesh. India could lose fishing and exploration rights as a consequence of this ruling.

There is also another case before the tribunal involving India and Bangladesh and the present ruling sets a precedent for this subsequent case. Think about the consequences for India .......

3. There has been no settlement. The case is still before the tribunal. If I am wrong and the AL has reached a prior settlement with India then they have given up billions of dollars of resource wealth to New Delhi.

If they had waited for this ruling then thy will get more than Bangladesh originally wanted. I however think that the case with India is still with the tribunal.
I would urge my compatriots to summarize above posts of MBI and see the motive, possible scope/outcome of Burmese troop's beefing up through the prism of it to find out on how it falls the necessity of starting another war by criminals in Asian hemisphere.

And BD Mil should be very circumspect in its action for not to return fire immediately if it gets fired upon by Burmese because it might be provoked by sporadic fire to retaliate that would break all hell-lose. GOB also needs to intensify efforts for the diplomatic channels be opened and prioritized first at any cost. God Almighty helps us to preserve sanity and not fall in criminal's trap. As the world is extremely volatile and criminals are itching to start another war to make water more troublesome to fulfill their ulterior motives, we should no way be their pawns, amen!

The verdict( regarding India) shall roll in 2014, pretty much sure
nothing will materialize before that as this is such a sensitive issue.

BD-India could settle the issue bilaterally with views of the BD-Myanmar verdict, which is wise.

BD-India could settle the issue bilaterally with views of the BD-Myanmar verdict, which is wise.

Wise for India of course!

Awami League would be fool to have any deals with India before the elections. Good thing the election is in 2014, if awami league makes any deal regarding this matter with India, it would be the end of awami league's reign. People would not take this.

Back
Top Bottom