What's new

Mysterious buyer of JF-17 THUNDER BLOCK 2

Dear Sir thats what the PAC guys told me when i asked them regarding upping the production lines of K-8 and Thunder.let me ask them which school they went to.

That is definitely not how production lines work. They are highly capable of making other things if JF17's are not required for some reason which is practically impossible. Its 2015.

So---by producing 250 thunder aircraft----Pakistan has saved itself almost 8 to12 BILLION DOLLARS----. By that time time when you are done producing the thunder for yourself----you will still have orders trickling in---. You already have a trained staff---you will switch them over to new ventures.

Just like the mirage went into mirage 2000 and then into rafale----.

The process of learning to manufacture an item like an aircraft is a wealth in itself that is priceless---. It puts your engineering and manufacturing capabilities at a new plateau---and it is good for the mind and good for the BRAIN as well.

A sense of achievement is an aphrodisiac in itself---ask the Indians----they got an eternal hard on working on this LCA for so long.
Totally agreed Sir and i would love to go for that if i am at driving seat. PAF was cautious enough to go step by step. One of the main objectives of Thunder program was to kick start the local aviation industry which has so far not been accomplished to much of the extent and we do need help from local manufacturers if any in field of aviation. Even LCA was not totally made in India and there were lots of components etc that were foreign made. In K-8 our share was suppose to be 25% and in JF-17 the same very share has increased (i am just referring to increase in capabilities). And i hope in future we keep on grabbing more and more share as we are doing in field of Avionics. But come what may the situation be we really can not keep China out of our such programs. China would continue to be a major partner in this field.

That is definitely not how production lines work. They are highly capable of making other things if JF17's are not required for some reason which is practically impossible. Its 2015.
Sir U may mimic me when i would tell U that once PAC carried out a study that what all can we make other than SMK and K-8 with existing facilities and the most promising probable product was a product X. When this proposal was taken with MODP it was at once turned down. The point is that PAC is not alone at will but has to cross through bureaucratic cycle of MODP too for every project. As we had financial issues at the start of Thunder project so the one of the main factors involving China was financial support too. Just like we have gone for Falco UAV manufacturing and just like Burraq and other UAVs are coming online, that is evident of what U highlighted. Ever wonder why Egypt has production line of K-8 and we the co developers dont have one?

Dear Sir thats what the PAC guys told me when i asked them regarding upping the production lines of K-8 and Thunder.let me ask them which school they went to.

Production line does not work like this of an aircraft. These are 2 different aircraft that you are talking about.
K-8 are old though there are some talks to replace them with modern ones. Hence they can be replaced by others like a modified K-8's / L-15 / T-50 / Turkish Hurkus. A new line would be required to make these hence the existing line for K-8's will require a replacement.

JF-17 line is initially to manufacture the aircraft but later it would be required to upgrade and rebuild so that the JF-17's can be used for an extended period of time.

Sri Lanka to purchase new fighter-jets? ::: Dailymirror.lk ::: Breaking News
It says
"'Want China Times' further notes that an order has been made for about 18 – 24 aircrafts and adds the speculations of Sri Lanka procuring the fighter jet emerged, when a photo of an office of a SLA Commander allegedly revealed a scale model of the JF-17 Thunder."

Come on Editor have some sense. There are Models of many aircraft presented to visiting dignitaries and they love to place them in their offices. Does it mean they are going to purchase all of them?

JF-17 line is initially to manufacture the aircraft but later it would be required to upgrade and rebuild so that the JF-17's can be used for an extended period of time.
As U know under PAC we have one manufacturing factory called AMF and two Rebuild factories for overhaul of old aircraft namely MRF and ARF. As far i think the overhaul part might go to ARF as it deals with Chinese/ Pakistani origin aircraft. And i m not sure if the spares like plumbings etc needed for that overhaul would be provided by AMF or ARF is capable enough for that.Again any professional may comment on that. Point is manufacturing and overhaul are two different things as K-8 is manufactured by AMF but not overhauled there.

It says
"'Want China Times' further notes that an order has been made for about 18 – 24 aircrafts and adds the speculations of Sri Lanka procuring the fighter jet emerged, when a photo of an office of a SLA Commander allegedly revealed a scale model of the JF-17 Thunder."

Come on Editor have some sense. There are Models of many aircraft presented to visiting dignitaries and they love to place them in their offices. Does it mean they are going to purchase all of them?

As U know under PAC we have one manufacturing factory called AMF and two Rebuild factories for overhaul of old aircraft namely MRF and ARF. As far i think the overhaul part might go to ARF as it deals with Chinese/ Pakistani origin aircraft. And i m not sure if the spares like plumbings etc needed for that overhaul would be provided by AMF or ARF is capable enough for that.Again any professional may comment on that. Point is manufacturing and overhaul are two different things as K-8 is manufactured by AMF but not overhauled there.

The line that is manufacturing JF-17 in AMF can be sent to the ARF if no orders are received.

As far as your post regarding J-8 production line in Egypt...Egypt wanted to manufacture a fighter aircraft during the 60's but they were not allowed by the Germans to be given the entire production.

Sir U may mimic me when i would tell U that once PAC carried out a study that what all can we make other than SMK and K-8 with existing facilities and the most promising probable product was a product X. When this proposal was taken with MODP it was at once turned down. The point is that PAC is not alone at will but has to cross through bureaucratic cycle of MODP too for every project. As we had financial issues at the start of Thunder project so the one of the main factors involving China was financial support too. Just like we have gone for Falco UAV manufacturing and just like Burraq and other UAVs are coming online, that is evident of what U highlighted. Ever wonder why Egypt has production line of K-8 and we the co developers dont have one?

I am not trying to put you down but when the military goes into production it keeps these possibilities open. They will most certainly open another production line for the JF17 within 2 years. What more can I say. The things you are describing are our short comings from before and they are being minimized as we get older. For the K8 some would argue it was a good or bad decision to not have a dedicated production line just for a trainer aircraft.

PAC has got new land in Sindh they may start a new production line.

PAC has not even started building its Aeronautical Complex near Nawabshah. The 571 acres of land was transfered to the PAC on October 21, 2010 by the Sindh government and nothing has been built in last 5 years.

Why are we buying from China? Why not build them all in Pakistan?

Pakistan has to start manufacturing under license most parts of the JF-17. Presently it is ONLY assembled in Pakistan.

I'm confused as to how this benefits Pakistan. We will pay China to build these and then sell it forward to Bangladesh? Why can't China sell it since it's a joint venture and them sharing our part of profit?

Not to mention we are asking China to build most of our jf17 because our production capacity isn't as big.

Anyway, 14x30= $420m going to our exports, it will help rupee, grow our gdp as well. I hope we can sell more because a few of these can really help stop our net exports being negative.
please study how fighter prouction in joint programs work, be it a F-16 or JF-17.

as of now china can only make 50% parts, we also make 50% parts, than those parts are brought together in kamara. which is the sole production line, therefore both countries contribute their share in it. this also brings down the cost by dividing the labour.
avionics option is upto the country whether it wants to go fu china or hybrid pak-china.

pakistan never asked china for ready made thunders, china cannot provide you that as they dont have the assembly lines, this is nothing more than wrong and stupid media reporting.

we can build upto 25/year but dont have the money to build 25. its like french rafale, production can be brought upto 20 but the rate is around 7-8 these days due to low local depend, if the PAF wants PAC can lift the production to 25

I'm confused as to how this benefits Pakistan. We will pay China to build these and then sell it forward to Bangladesh? Why can't China sell it since it's a joint venture and them sharing our part of profit?

Not to mention we are asking China to build most of our jf17 because our production capacity isn't as big.

Anyway, 14x30= $420m going to our exports, it will help rupee, grow our gdp as well. I hope we can sell more because a few of these can really help stop our net exports being negative.
please study how fighter prouction in joint programs work, be it a F-16 or JF-17.

as of now china can only make 50% parts, we also make 50% parts, than those parts are brought together in kamara. which is the sole production line, therefore both countries contribute their share in it. this also brings down the cost by dividing the labour.
avionics option is upto the country whether it wants to go fu china or hybrid pak-china.

pakistan never asked china for ready made thunders, china cannot provide you that as they dont have the assembly lines, this is nothing more than wrong and stupid media reporting.

we can build upto 25/year but dont have the money to build 25. its like french rafale, production can be brought upto 20 but the rate is around 7-8 these days due to low local depend, if the PAF wants PAC can lift the production to 25

Your sense of humour is terrible.
Any way use burnol, 10 times daily.
this called humour
want to know what is the status of last year nigeria bought JF-17 ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom