What's new

Narrowing PAF Gap V IAF by 2015

IAF had edge over PAF in 65 war as well as in 71 war. they had edge based on quality and quantity of aircrafts throughout their history. but history has proved in sub continent, that battles are not fought by machines but the men behind those machines..

IAF had edge over PAF in 65 war as well as in 71 war. they had edge based on quality and quantity of aircrafts throughout their history. but history has proved in sub continent, that battles are not fought by machines but the men behind those machines..

Then why are you waisting your money on JF17 and F16.

Buy something cheaper in price, like F4 Phantom II, which are still in service with many countries.

You can buy about 6-7 F-4 Phantom II in price of one JF17 and 8-9 Phanton for one F16. This way, PAF can even be at par with the strenght of IAF.

:smokin:

Ok-Ok, as you proved with facts and solid data; I take my statements about JF-17 back. It is the God of the ........d an externally sourced engine. And the Sitara was developed even faster than the Thunder.

youre post clearly shows that you havent gone through the stickies, as all of your questions are answered amicably a million times.

i hope u rather go through this forum--

-- had u been a pakistani posting on br etc, u would ve been banned in an instant-- i hope u dont take it personally , but the quality of discussion which mightve come out of this thread is nowhere to be seen.

so many trolls...
129fs238648.gif

quoting sir muradk..
I am sure friends that most of you are worried that PAF might not be capable of standing against IAF, I asure you that there are a lot of things which our civilians don't know or in simple words they don't want you to know.
In the Cold war both countries used to show off there weapons to scare or tell the other side ( SEE WE HAVE THEM SO DON"T SCREW WITH US ). Now the tactic, strategy the whole Art of war has chanced 2 words Deceptions and denial are now the weapons which are very effective we don't want to show what we have and what it is capable off. Yes we do have a big problem CASH but still we somehow manage to get it and don't ask how. So stop worrying we are strong.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/20718-pakistans-mirage-2000-saga-7.html#post289397

quoting sir muradk..
Old 04-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Thunder was not built to take on the LCA, Vice Versa they both have different Characteristics, Predominently thunder is very superior in Maneuverability. In my flying experience and what I have seen and read about LCA it can hardly stand infront of an F-16 either block now with our MLUs they don't come close to what the Falcon has in its envelopes by the time the LCA comes in full production the thunder will be way ahead.
A few months ago there was a supersonic boom in Kamra and some ediot from news said that it was a F-7 doing testing yeh sure testing on a fighter which came into the skies in 1958. Thunder was doing ACM with an F-16 and it went into a dive and broke the barrier and the pilot was instructed not to. I read the Initial report the F-16 pilot was quite surprised to see its maneuverability, The total dog fight was 4 min 23 sec long I would say that both were matched evenly.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...ltirole-fighter-thread-2-a-42.html#post356863

JF-17 is currently China's only advanced fighter developed in open.
Many people use it to understand China's fighter development direction. The DSI change that started in June of 2004 caused many surprises, so did the Leading edge extension in September. Since 2006, JF-17 has been viewed even more when President Musharraf visited. CCTV showed brand new JF-17 04 with a previously unseen modern glass cockpit. This cockpit represent ourcountry's avionics level has reached world class. JF-17 showed 1 HUD and 2 MFD in the cockpit in previous displays. There were analog controls in the middle. The look was similar to F-16a/b. In 2004, zhuhai airshow showed a cockpit with 1 HUD and 3 MFDs. All the analog meters on the cockpit got replaced by digital control. Cockpit underwent a total digital information redesign. However, the model does not give people the good feeling that a real thing would.

Everyone knows that JF-17 is a China/Pakistan combined venture. JF-17's main aim is to equip PAF.In south Asian crisis, Pakistan receive American embargo. It not only failed to receive 79 F-16s it order, but also could not get spare parts to F-16. As a result, it had to order 80 F-7PG and some squadrons even got F-16s replaced by F-7PG. This is rarely seen in military aviation. JF-17's development is extremely urgent. Pakistan believes that JF-17's capability and price should be lower than F-16C/D, but capability should be higher than F-16A/B. Due to the anti-terrorism planning, PAF's importance got changed. America not only agreed to sell F-16, but also some advanced F-16s that it could not get before. Due to this pressure, JF-17's requirement got increased. It needs to be more advanced than F-16, that's why you see the whole change in 04.

The new cockpit's electronic system showed JF-17's modified capability. The new cockpit is very compact and functional position is positioned well and shows very mature system. 1 HUD is the main fighter display. This HUD has 24 degree in sight. It can add infrared signal? and supply flying, navigation, liftoff and landing info, it can also display target details and shooting detail. It can also communicate, navigate using the GUI There is a camera located above the HUD. It records HUD and external sights. HUD is the most important instrument in flight. Integrated informational level is dependent on this. Russia added some nice looking displays for su-30, but their display information is simple and information is spread. So, it did not really integrate the information. The JF-17 HUD uses a lot of digital processing and information integration information. For example, radar information, fight command info. HUD's controller has the ability to change display. Controller can also control all of the plane's dipslay. 3 MFDs are below the HUD. It is multi-colour LCD display. The dimension of the MFD is 20.3cmx30.6cm (note: this works out to be 8 x 12 inch, but a more realistic estimation is 6.25x8.25). The area is 4 times the previous area. The display brightness and contrast can be automatically adjusted. It also allows handle control. Each MFD displays important function. Display info can be changed. The control on the side acts as parameter design. Very often, left side shows weapon situation and numbers. Right side displays radar and combat info. The center shows some less important info, because it requires the pilot to lower his/her head. Like navigational info and map and so so. All the MFD can change to other info like radar, cockpit camera? and infrared picture and such. cockpit also allows night navigation and pilots can use night goggles to fly.

04 uses a hotas controller? pilot can keep hands on controller and still control the fighter's sensor mode, weapon and display. This greatly reduces a pilots movement and makes operation much easier. The controller does not affect the position in combat? Basically, allows pilots to keep the hand on the controller in combat. The earlier western 4th generation fighters like F-16A/B only had limited functions on the controller. JF-17 hotas uses advanced western design like F-16C/d, F-18C/D and Mirage2K5's newest model for design.

Also, the system has different controls dependent on the hand size, length and finger size and length of the user. Basically, uses customizable controller. Allows a lot of activities done with limited energy. 04 uses all digital integrated electronic display. all computers/electronics uses 2 STD-MTL-1553B databus combined, curren info shared repository and shared data repository. According to demand, it also divides into weapons w/commands, radar, EW, communication, electronic control, payload control, FBW and so on. This avionics system's core lies in 2 advanced weapons controlling computer. these two computers do something... Each computer controls 1 double thick 1553B databus?

This computer uses new structure system. It uses main controller rights to receive and process each system's info. At the same time, receive pilot's command. Uses command to control other systems. It's current world's most advanced input computer and main line integration web. Very few new fighters has this kind of complex and high speed system like typhoon, rafale and F-16 E/F. This system uses battle flight software package to exercise control and allows using development of more detailed software package to improve fighter capability and work load. Weapon controlling computer directly connects to MFD's structure. It uses information from each system to display on the 1 HUD and 3MFDs. Radar system is another important part of JF-17. It's also a major commercial battle area. Pakistan used a lot of Grifo radar in the past on F-7s. JF-17 also was about to use this. Italy also pitted Grifo-S2000 (should be S7) in competition. China also provided a radar for customers. Domestic radar has good support for China's weapon systems and missiles. The current multimode PD radar has BVR capability, WVR capability and attack land and sea mode and other modes. Also has look down and shoot down capability even under disruptive environments below.

You can Track 10 targets from 40 scanned targets and handle 2 concurrent BVR engagement
. The range vs 3 m^2 targets is larger than 75KM and look down
is larger than 45 KM. It is larger than 135 KM vs sea targets. 04's GPS navigation system replaced the traditional navigation system, greatly improved precision and reduced preparation time. Talks about GPs capability after this and how American military controls it. It also has other wireless navigation but not as precise as GPS.

JF-17's EW suite is very complex.
It combines radar warning receiver and missile proximity receiver to form surveillence system and combined with ECM work. JF-17 uses uses something to diagnose RWR. It can receive a lot of information like fighter radar, missile seeker, A2S guidance radar and provides within 1.5 degree news. RAR has about 100+ radar info repository. It uses measured info to compare. detect the threatening origin and correct (radar type or fighter type?) and warning level. This repository can improve to 300. It can allow reprogramming, receive wartime newly discovered radar signal. 04's improved tail (backside" contains a missile proximity receiver. There will probably be two more put on the fighter for 360 degree coverage. It uses infrared and purple dual band imagine device. It has a purple red window? It can sense missile's rocket engine spoke from 20 KM in. It can correctly predict missile's location, trail and such. It can even estimate engagement time. It can be expanded to a fighter/missile recognition system. It can also provide some infrared imaging, communicate with RWR and hopefully can develop passive signal detection technology.

04's EW suite also has a ECM pod. It and the ECM on the tail provide joint work. ECM current uses traidtional infrared something? modern missile's countermeasure to this is getting stronger each day. To let this simple and cheap ECM achieve high efficiency shows system's level, RWR, MPR and such. This system is only equipped by rafale and F-22. F-18E/F and F-16E/F needs upgrade to have this. 04 should also have ECM inside of fighter. It uses modern ECM technology and uses precise tracking system. Can achieve the affect of large ECM machine with small equipment. This ECM is most modern active guided AAM. It can also counter gither radar lock and scan. It's mainly for PAF's enemy IAF's R-77 missiles.

To acommodate modern web of combat. 04 is equipped with 2 ECM vs radar tower and something else. It can receive datalink info from ground or AWACS.

Other equippments include big air computer? and advanced digital processing signal and such. The electronic system stores everything, all the bugs and such. It can use computer to process this. Reduces ground maintenance.

It uses western standard MIL-STD-1760 to allow for integration of western weapons and can also get hooked on with Russian weapons. It will probably uses PL-9C, SD-10, PL-11, AIM-9L/M and AIM-7F. It also good use LGBs and possible A2G missile integration.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...ltirole-fighter-thread-2-a-47.html#post378537

sir pshamim
will you kindly tell me why F-18s are in the MRCA race for IAF when not even one has been bought by United States Air Force. In fact they were rejected by both the USAF and Pakistan in favor of F-16s which many Indians seem to discard because Pakistan knows every inch of it and has been flying them for last 30 years.. If F-18s were in competition for Indian Navy, it would have made a lot of sense but if they are are purchased for IAF, it will be a great favor to PAF.

Engines from USA, even Kaveri's genes come from a french engines
Cobham of UK to provide retractable probe
Elta or Eads to develop the radar for LCA
If you research, you will find a lot more tenders for systems for use in LCA are being floated.
Indians friends have given a new meaning to word "Indiginous" Any thing foreign developed, produced but sold to India is now called indeginous.

Jf-17 will be eaten alive by SU-30MK1 but they do not mention Thunder eaten alive by Tejas, Mirage-2000 or Mig-29. Now we know where the competition lies thanks to our friens across the border.

I am sure RD-93 will be ultimately replaced. If you compare the new pictures of incoming JF-17s 113 % 114 with the older ones, you may notice a bulge in the belly just under the exchausr cone. Changes have definitely been made. Notice the intake looks smaller than before.

My information points to Egyptian acquisition of JF-17 in triple digits and not just for 30-40 copies. This explains why Egypt wants an assembly line. Also, Egypt and Pakistan are negotiating this project.
Avionics issue is under review and it may have an effect on the timimg of the project.

Please do not despair. KLJ-10 will be replacing the KLJ-7 in the first batch.
Initially, it was thought that Thunder would only use the Chinese BVRAAM and that made sense. . But then PAF began to think using American Aim-120 as an option which does not mate with KLJ-10. PAF hopes that US will allow AIM-120 by sharing codes with Western manufacturers of radars which it may not do with Chinese.

PAF has 4 Test engineers-two British certified and 2 Certified in China. These poor chaps are overwhelmed with the load. Every one of them is a F-16 pilot. This helps in not only testing the new aircraft but also points to any deficiency when compared to F-16 as well.

ALSO check taimi's post
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...e-mig-29-mikhail-pogosyan-32.html#post1110855

Last edited:
Speed of 1350 km/h !!!at sea level Was it suppose to be some kind of a joke ? If it was to amuse me then guys I am definitely amused. :lol:

Dont bring JF-17 into this discussion because in your minds the JF-17 is way way out of league for Tejas . So Better stick to the western jets who you guys compare Tejas to. While most of the western jest are clocking speeds way more than 2000 km/h , you guys are happy with 1350 kms. Good for you. :tup:

Tejas also promised speeds in excess of 2000 kms but I guess that poor engine selection, high drag design and poor performance at high speeds has restricted Tejas to well under 1500 km/hr. This parameter alone speaks volume of how Tejas has once again failed to deliver what it promised. :hang2:

But if you guys are happy, we have no issues. Enjoy ur speed ride while it lasts. :chilli:
mmm can u pls tell me the name of the fighter jet which has a speed of 2000km at sea level:coffee:

Last edited:

Why dont you give your world's best superhuman pilots some hot air baloons (you can make thousands "indegenously") to fight with and outdo IAF? Ohh, i forgot, men have to be Behind the machine, not below :partay:

Slingshots maybe?? :woot:

Only for eyes of Pakistani members!

Swissman question is pertinent; Is PAF thinking of increasing its Sq strength an d numbers?

For a hypothetical situation in 2025; IAF with PAK FA( 60-80)+, MMRCA 126, SU 30MKI 300, LCA ~150, Mirage 2K5 60, MIG 108+, 6 AEW&Cs. without going into capability of these things. these will make 800+ ACs. what PAF will like to have by that time. Will PAF continue with 250 JFT, 60 FC 20, and 100+ F15, and 8 AEW&Cs? Gap will definitely increase by that time both technologically and number wise, in order for IAF to pose a serious threat to PAF, IAF will need some extra ACs to make ratio 3-1, or it will be happy with 2-1, on other hand PAF would like to keep 2 1 ratio, it necessitate a highly capable JFT to meet the threat of PAK FA and MMRCAs, assuming F 16 upgrade will ensure to neutralize the threat from SU 30MKI and MIG 29. ( meaning that JFT must have 5th Generation elements if not completely Stealth and supercruising, only it should having anti stealth 3D radars. with long range A 2 A missiles. Is it possible for PAF to achieve such goals by 2025?

Umm.. Yes.. and a squadron of X-wings..
We might even enlist the starship enterprise...
Pun aside.. You give too much credit to too little...
There is something in the AF called an Air Staff requirement. It is a list of capabilities required to match a foe, and all possible equipment that can be procured to meet it. It is devised by the best, studying everything that is and will be in the WORST case... And by all accounts.. no anti stealth 3d radar or quantum torpedo is part of it.
Currently.. we are VERY happy with what the JF offers, which means if we are currently happy then we will be happy ten years from now.
This doesn't imply complacency.. it implies being able to make do with what you have.. in the best possible way.

Even the United states has rarely met its GoAls on time..
But then its best to not set such lofty goals that you can never achieve them..
Nobody in the PAF planned for the 2005 earthquake and the subsequent reduction in the F-16 buy.. nobody could have predicted the floods that is consuming millions of dollars of the Air force's own budget... but when it subsides.. plans will be revised.. and new goals set... the best possible ones.. to be met in the best possible way.

mmm can u pls tell me the name of the fighter jet which has a speed of 2000km at sea level:coffee:

None. :disagree:

He wrote cruise speed of 1350 km/hr. I missed the sea level part. My bad so I have deleted my post. Thanx for highlighting this. :tup:

Then why are you waisting your money on JF17 and F16.

Buy something cheaper in price, like F4 Phantom II, which are still in service with many countries.

You can buy about 6-7 F-4 Phantom II in price of one JF17 and 8-9 Phanton for one F16. This way, PAF can even be at par with the strenght of IAF.

You are so stupid....

F-4 is being phased out and hence support will be tough. PAF did buy tons of used Mirages when they were phased out. But we can't just buy F-4s.

In any case they would still knock most of your MIGs out of the sky.

Why dont you give your world's best superhuman pilots some hot air baloons (you can make thousands "indegenously") to fight with and outdo IAF? Ohh, i forgot, men have to be Behind the machine, not below :partay:

Slingshots maybe?? :woot:

If you were trying to make a joke, which is irrelevant to this thread, you just made a mockery of yourself.

None. :disagree:

He wrote cruise speed of 1350 km/hr. I missed the sea level part. My bad so I have deleted my post. Thanx for highlighting this. :tup:
its ok buddy.........mmm...actualy i hve a suggestion for u tht from nxt time pls try to refrain urself from indulging urself into jf 17 v/s lca tejas war{sorry i can't call it a debate only}.......actualy i hve seen many jf 17 v/s lca tejas threads in indian defence forums and pakistan defence forums........wen u will visit indian defence forum..u will find tht jf 17 is nothing as compare to lca tejas and vice versa in pakistan defence forums ......so the end result is 0....actualy the main problem is tht the people from both side r so pig headed tht they will nvr admit their weakness{lack of tecnology} in front of the person from otherside.........so after seeing all this discussions i hve came to a conclusion tht their r only three ways to find out tht which aircraft is better......and they r--

1)Air Exercise between IAF and PAF--if pigs can fly

2)WAR--NO CHANCE their can b a few minor conflicts but i don't think their r any chances of war breaking out

3)Aircraft which will serve the purpose of its birth---replacing the vintage aircrafts of its airforce till now jf 17 has a advantage here

one more thing tht u can't neglect is tht the experience gain from

1)manufacturing su 30mki,mrca...

2)upgrading m2k , mig 29........

3)partnership in FGFA{25% r&d partner}......

4)NGFA{AMCA} --their r high possibility of using tecnology develop for AMCA in lca tejas{in future}

will definitely help lca tejas

and not to 4get tht we hve russia,Israel,french and EADS who r evr ready to share their expertise with us to some extent.......

NOW the only thing we hve to is tht to what extent DRDO will b able to utilise these advantages............and tht will make a huge diffrence in the result.........

Last edited:
1. How much India and Pakistan lack in terms of technology when compared to the US is a matter of debate but my guess would be 20-50 years. Keeping that in perspective and the fact that there havent been any contracts for the avionics and weapons delivery suites shouldn't be putting my estimate of the PRESENT JF-17 being simillar to the F-16 C/D at max.
PAF pilots at Farnborough stated on the record (to enthusiasts and aviation publications alike) that much of JF-17's weapons-testing has already taken place, with many systems already certified. As I said earlier, even the SD-10 BVR-AAM is going through testing and is to be certified by the end of this year (link).
2. Lets not fool ourselves here. Do you really think PAC can develop those systems? Given the levels of incompetence and corruptions that run deep in the heart of your and my country I am quite sure that these so called suites wont be delivered on time and also wont be able to match the performance. I guess it will take a substantial time ( 5 years or so) for any radar or ECM to mature and be effective under various different mission requirements . I can bet my bottom ruppee that if PAC has to develop a mission capable radar comparable to what Russia or US has then it will take more than a decade with the outside help. Without any outside help, I dont think it will be possible even in two decades.
Regarding avionics development: (link):

...Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan, outlined the JF-17 avionics, in which he stated, "four indigenously designed and developed avionics systems were also being produced," and that the "production scope would be progressively broadened to include the production of a complete JF-17 avionics suite at the complex."

Officials at PAC could not provide any details on the announcement, and Air Force officials declined to answer any queries.

It is believed, however, that at least two of the domestically designed and produced systems include a head-up display and a weapons and mission management computer.

...and as for radar, Pakistan won't develop one off the bat and on its own, but gradually starting with foreign cooperation and licensed production. While not specifically a fighter application, PAF already signed a technology-transfer in the ZDK03 (KJ200) program with China. Hence investment into phased-array (AESA) radar technology is already being made, physical leads will follow. The general idea is that once PAF finds a good radar with long-term viability, it will acquire it with technology transfer - so that it can undertake upgrades, integration, etc, on its own. At this point, the general trend around the world is for AESA radars, and as a result its generally believed that PAF is pursuing such radars from its key suppliers - i.e. Selex-Galileo and NRIET. Indigenous avionics development is in full-swing, and ECM/EW is probably in the initial stages - potential partners include Turkey's Aselsan (who Pakistan already contracted for a number of ECM/EW related systems).
3. Post here when the confirmation is received and everything. I am debating about the As-Is state of JF-17 not what it will be(majorly because I dont have much hopes on the outdates air-frame of the aircraft).
I am sure an aerospace engineer with access to the JF-17's schematics and CAD -initializations can make such a judgement...but since we know you don't have such access (we'll not assume about your credentials), we won't go there.
4. Thanks for the info. May I ask the ranges of those weapons when compared to the missiles carried by the Mig-29 and Su-30 MKI
SD-10 has a range of at least 70km, but this is a figure advertised for export...generally speaking, domestic users tend to use higher-performing equivalents. But how such long-ranges figure in the close-geographic proximity between India and Pakistan should be taken into account. Rarely would either side be able to fire at the maximum ranges.
5. I see serious reliability issues with the Rose platform. Being capable doesnt mean that you will perform a task reliabily always. Rose is badly outdated and I dont know how people can trust such a platform to perform a multi-role mission.
Again, unless you have direct access to these airframes, such a judgement is not yours to make. Yes the Mirage airframes are old, but the ROSE-I with its Grifo M radar gives the fighter BVR capability, it just needs an actual weapon-system. In fact, ROSE-I were optimized for air-to-air engagements, while ROSE-II & III for strike - including precision-strike with stand-off glide bombs (H2/H4). As for their future viability, the PAF decided to equip 30 ROSE-Is with IFR - if the airframes were on their last 2~3 years of life, PAF would not have equipped them with IFR. And if PAF is going through the pains physically integrating IFR, then I don't see how arming them with BVRAAM (which several countries with the Mirages already accomplished more than a decade ago) would be a bigger pain?

its a bitter truth but Floods hv changed the game .. U agree or not.

The upgrades, new fighters, weapons all cost u... And speculations say Pakistani economy ..which is already struggling wil dip to bottom due to the unfortunate floods.

On the other hand..Going at 10% Growth.. India is set to spend close to $40 Billion an year on defence and
That includes, MMRCA, FGFA for which PAF wont have any alternative in next 15 years...

To sum up... Looking at present Pakistani money will be focussed on reconstruction of pakistan after the floods... So the dilute focus and indian agressive expansion is all set to increase the Gap.

The upgrades, new fighters, weapons all cost u... And speculations say Pakistani economy ..which is already struggling wil dip to bottom due to the unfortunate floods.

On the other hand..Going at 10% Growth.. India is set to spend close to $40 Billion an year on defence and
That includes, MMRCA, FGFA for which PAF wont have any alternative in next 15 years...

To sum up... Looking at present Pakistani money will be focussed on reconstruction of pakistan after the floods... So the dilute focus and indian agressive expansion is all set to increase the Gap.

Not necessarily.

The govt is planning steps to generate additional funds for the reconstruction purposes. Flood tax is being proposed on imports as well as income of people with limit of 300K+. Its expected to generate about 150Billion additional money per year, which would be channeled to reconstruction purposes, plus we already have a good sum of money stipulated for public sector development program, which can be used for this purpose.

Even if it did affect defence budget, the armed forces are gonna make it up by reducing their own internal costs and that by the way has already started and emphasis is cost reductions and savings.

So hardly 1-2 years would tough that also probably, then business as usual, hope we see a political change very soon which may bring some good economic managers who can run the things efficiently.

If you haven't noticed, there is a lot of heat stacking up against the wealthy landowners (i.e. most lucrative taxable cows in Pakistan) since the floods...even lower members of the PPP are turning against the landed elites of the party. Now the centres of power are shifting from the hands of the privileged feudal lords to that of the urban professionals, business owners/entrepreneurs, & most importantly, emerging middle classes - (link).

And do you know what all these urbanites want to do with the feudal lords? It is to properly tax these agricultural mafias; it is to support education & healthcare (especially model programs such as Shehzad Roy's Zindagi Trust and Imran Khan's Shaukat Khanums); to revitalize the fine arts as a viable industry (carpet weaving, pottery, etc); to support local manufacturing industries (such as consumer products, defence, heavy-manufacturing, infrastructure, etc). And for foreigners, power reaching the hands of the urbanites is a hugely positive indicator, so expect the return of solid private investments and what not.

Even the U.S. is tasking itself to assist the Pakistani bureaucracy with implementing successful land reform, wide-scale revenue collection, increasing agricultural yield, etc. Even before the floods, people knew the urbanites will gradually absorb power from the feudal lords...but since the floods, that power-shift is expected to be much more rapid and decisive. Even hammered out countries can make a quick and far-reaching recovery when under good governance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom