What's new

Neighbouring country fears IAFs prowess

i think indian air chief marshal has drinked last night before giving that statement thats why he was out of his mind and know what to say in future J 10 aquasition will give more headache to IAF and we can expect these type of statements by IAF chief because some one when got headaches he do make such statements

my point is this that india is not ready for war against pakistan and will never attack pakistan. india's great weakness is its airforce. india is trying to indigenously develop the HAL Tejas aircraft to replace its existing almost 250 obslete MIG-21. at first india decided to equip the prototype HAL Tejas aircraft with the General Electric F404-GE-F2J3 afterburning turbofan engine, a parallel programme was also launched in 1986 to develop an indigenous powerplant. Being led by the Gas Turbine Research Establishment, the GTRE GTX-35VS, named "Kaveri", was expected to replace the F404 on all production aircraft.
The delay in development of the LCA was attributed mainly to India's lack of experience in designing sophisticated fighter aircraft. India had only previously manufactured a second generation fighter (HF-24 Marut). Taking a leap from 2nd Generation to 4th Generation did prove to be an obstacle. US sanctions over India's controversial nuclear tests along with the IAF's ever-changing requirements did not help the LCA project. In a May 2006 interview, HAL chairman Ashok Baweja had said that the fifth prototype vehicle (PV-5), the trainer prototype, and the first of the eight LSP aircraft would be delivered before the end of 2006. These aircraft will help accelerate the initial operational clearance for the LCA.
It was expected to be inducted into the IAF by the end of 2006, with the LCA's System Design & Development (SDD) phase finally being completed in 2010. A trainer version is under development and the design of the Naval version is complete, and are expected to fly in 2008. However LSP-1 made its first flight only in April 2007, while the Trainer prototype is yet to be delivered.
In 2007, it was reported that the Tejas in its present form may not be able to meet the IAF's Air Staff Requirements (ASRs). Reportedly, its performance in terms of thrust and airframe qualities was still unsatisfactory. To complete the project at the earliest, a top level review is conducted by the Chief of Air Staff once every quarter and a monthly review by the Deputy Chief of Air Staff.
Due to this significant delay in HAL Tejas program india was not able to induct new fighters to replace its existing MIG-21's and they decided to upgrade them. but they will never show their MIG-21's in case of war.
i am showing you the comparison of pakistan and indian airforces

Indian Aircraft Inventory
Ilyushin/IAI Phalcon Flight Trial 0
Sukhoi Su-30MKI Flanker-H In service 80 Trainer 0 Eventual total 230 fighters by 2015.
Reports suggest at least 2 Sqdns/40
additional aircraft ( 20 Russian built/20 HAL
built) by end 2009/early 2010. Balance 110
HAL built at the rate of 1sqdn/20 per year till 2015
HAL Tejas In service 0 Trainer 0 Still not in service. 20 ordered. Eventual
total 140
Dassault Mirage 2000 In service 39 Trainer 12 Mirage fleet (51 aircraft) to be upgraded to
Mirage 2000-5 standards. As of April, 2008,
Thales & Dassault chosen as Upgrade OEMs.
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 In service 56 Trainer 6 62 aircraft to be upgraded, deal signed in 2008
Fulcrum for $ 964 Million. Upgrade to latest SMT standards
but with additional Indian/Israeli/French equipment
, plus new version of Zhuk ME radar, new Mission
computers, airframe overhaul, new EW fit, new
engines etc.
SEPECAT Jaguar In service 104 Trainer 27 68 early aircraft upgraded to DARIN III
standard. HAL has closed the production line for
the Jaguar, now using it for AJTs. In all 178 aircraft
In service 6 Trainer 2 have been received by the IAF, including 20 IS
17 IB new builds. Eventually upgraded/new 100
Jaguars(IS +IB) plus 8 upgraded IM. Total 6 sqdns.
Around 35 aircraft have been lost in accidents
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-27 In service 120 Trainer 12 No 2 SQ will be used for maritime air support.
Flogger-D/J Some 40 aircraft have been upgraded, another 40
to follow ?
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23BN In service 40 Trainer 10 stay in service up to end 2009 ?

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 In service 104 Trainer 13 125 MiG-21bis upgraded to Bison standard,
Fishbed In service 48 Trainer 8 ( 4 aircraft lost ??) with Kopyo radar, R-77 and
In service 70 Trainer 8 R-73E missiles, glass cockpit, new avionics and
self defence equipment. All MiG-21s to be phased
out by 2011 except MiG-21 Bison, which will stay
in service up to 2020 (some reports suggest 2017?)
Total Aircrafts of india In service 667 Trainer 98
Ilyushin/IAI Phalcon In service 1 Still in Flight Trial
MiG-23 In service 40 Trainer 10 Being Phased out
MiG-21 Bison In service 104 Trainer 13 Obsolete
MiG-21bis In service 48 Trainer 8 Obsolete in service since 1960's
MiG-21M/MF In service 70 Trainer 8 Obsolete in service since 1960's
Actual Indian Aircraft Available for war In service 404 Trainer 59

Pakistan Aircraft Inventory
Chengdu JF-17 Thunder In service 10 Multi-Role (240 more planned)
Chengdu J-10B Vigorous Dragon In service 0 Multi-Role J-10B 36 to be delivered in 2009 under the designation "FC-20"
General Dynamics F-16A Block-15 Fighting Falcon In service 28 Multi-Role
General Dynamics F-16B Block-15 Fighting Falcon In service 16 Training & Multi-Role
General Dynamics F-16 C/D Block 52 Fighting Falcon In service 0 Multi-Role 18 ordered(Deliveries in 2010) + 18 options
Chengdu F-7PG Skybolt In service 46 Trainer 9 Interceptor
Chengdu F-7MP Skybolt In service 90 Trainer 15 Interceptor & Ground-Support

Dassault Mirage ROSE-I (Mirage-IIIO) (Refurbished: Ex-Australian)
In service 28 Interceptor
Dassault Mirage ROSE-I (Mirage-IIIDP) In service 4 Training & Interceptor
Dassault Mirage ROSE-II (Mirage-VEF) (Refurbished: Ex-French) In service 16 Strike & Ground-Support
Dassault Mirage ROSE-II (Mirage-VDF) (Refurbished: Ex-French) In service 6 Training & Strike & Ground-Support
Dassault Mirage ROSE-III (Mirage-VEF) (Refurbished: Ex-French) In service 14 Precision Strike
Dassault Mirage-IIIEP In service 12 Interceptor & Ground-Support
Dassault Mirage-IIIEL (Refurbished: Ex-Lebanese) In service 11 Trainer 7 Interceptor & Ground-Support
Dassault Mirage-IIIRP In service 10 Reconnaissance
Dassault Mirage-VPA3 In service 9 Naval Support
Dassault Mirage-VPA2 In service 15 Ground Support
Dassault Mirage-VPA In service 26 Trainer 2 Ground Support
Dassault Mirage-V (Refurbished: Ex-Libyan) In service 10 Interceptor & Ground-Support
Nanchang A-5C Fantan In service 40 Ground-Support & Tactical Strike (Currently being phased out).

Saab 2000
In service 1 Airborne Early Warning

KJ2000
In service 5 Airborne Warning and Control System

Total Aircrafts of Pakistan In service 392 Trainer 33

so my friends there is not much difference between the two airforces as far as the numbers are concern and as we all know india will not enter in war at 1 to 1 ratio. Historicaly the ratio was always 3 indian to 1 pakistani aircraft.

in the indian aircraft inventory list i mentioned the all the aircraft in indian service

but in the pakistan inventory list i mentioned the aircrafts who are in active service and did not include the actual number of aircrafts

in the indian aircraft inventory list i mentioned the all the aircraft in indian service

but in the pakistan inventory list i mentioned the aircrafts who are in active service and did not include the actual number of aircrafts

my young sir,
good going, best of luck, keep up the good work!:tup:;):pakistan:

Dude a number of the ones you say are in service are not. For example the Chinese Awacs are not.

Well I can respect his opinion as he is entitled to it after wearing the 3 stars. However Pakistan has never planned either an "adventure" or a "mis-adventure" that has ever included the PAF. The issue is not that we are in awe of the mighty IAF (a self-created and managed image at that), rather it is the fact that PAF's primary role is the air defence of Pakistan and all else is secondary. Secondly, Pakistan has never had any plans to launch a surprise, full scale war (which it would be if PAF were involved) with India.

It serves none of Pakistan's purposes to start a full scale war. So the comment about PAF by the Indian AM sounds more like a shot in the arm for the Indian public. The fact that it is not PAF rather the Indian side and IAF that is talking about unilateral air strikes inside of Pakistan should give people an idea how out of place the AM's comments are.

Well I can respect his opinion as he is entitled to it after wearing the 3 stars. However Pakistan has never planned either an "adventure" or a "mis-adventure" that has ever included the PAF. The issue is not that we are in awe of the mighty IAF (a self-created and managed image at that), rather it is the fact that PAF's primary role is the air defence of Pakistan and all else is secondary. Secondly, Pakistan has never had any plans to launch a surprise, full scale war (which it would be if PAF were involved) with India.

It serves none of Pakistan's purposes to start a full scale war. So the comment about PAF by the Indian AM sounds more like a shot in the arm for the Indian public. The fact that it is not PAF rather the Indian side and IAF that is talking about unilateral air strikes inside of Pakistan should give people an idea how out of place the AM's comments are.

Blain sir if this is the level of an IAF 3 star officer, i mean have a look at the video, does professionalism reflected in any manner? He is making a press conference and and his fone rings, didnt even turned it off, we have seen PAF chief interviews and then compare it with his Indian counterpart, zameen Asmaan ka faraq ha. His personal opinion regarding PAF which will result in his decision making once a conflict arises is something that will hurt IAF more then it did back in 65. Something that we really are waiting for.:sniper:

Blain sir if this is the level of an IAF 3 star officer, i mean have a look at the video, does professionalism reflected in any manner? He is making a press conference and and his fone rings, didnt even turned it off, we have seen PAF chief interviews and then compare it with his Indian counterpart, zameen Asmaan ka faraq ha. His personal opinion regarding PAF which will result in his decision making once a conflict arises is something that will hurt IAF more then it did back in 65. Something that we really are waiting for.:sniper:

Ice,

I don't care to comment on his mannerism since I really do not know the officer. All I can comment upon is his statements. I have seen ACMs Fali Homi and Tayagi speak in the past and they seem to be ok (despite their natural inclination to be hostile to Pakistan in such situations). Lets not get bothered by this AM's manners. If we feel that we have a more professional cadre of officers in the PAF, then it is for others to observe and for us to be proud of. The rest does not really matter.

Like I said earlier, most of his comments were for the Indian public consumption. There is no factual basis for the comments. ;)

Total Aircrafts of Pakistan In service 392 Trainer 33

both mantioned in the same post. pakistan is in the last

Whatever the IAF Chief talking, irrespective of it what will be the actual scenario in case of a war between IAF n PAF?
I have no idea of a fight between various generations of Fighter aircrafts as discussed here. Therefore I need more detail info about what will be the scenario if IAF's SU-30s, MIG-29s, MIRAGE-2000s SU-27 like hi-tech aircraft on one side n PAFs F-16s plus less advanced (As I understand) F-7s, Only 8 JF-17s n old Mirages will pit against one another.
Does only the hi-tech nature of aircrafts will be deicsive or pilot expertise, timely decision n good training and nos. of aircrafts will also play an important role?
Anyone please reply in details.

AT LAST I PRAY FOR SAFETY OF PAKISTAN IN THIS HARD TIME, AMEEN
I ALSO PRAY THAT INDIAN GOVT WILL NOT TAKE ANY WRONG ROUTE THAT WILL DESTROY THE SOUTH ASIAN REGION WHOLLY OR PARTIALLY IN CASE OF A NUCLEAR BREAKOUT.
Both govts must sit down n carry out joint investigation to see who are the perperators of this act, JuD, Lashkar, Hindu Terror Network or any other international or Zionist conspiracy.

Back
Top Bottom