What's new

One in four Americans 'doesn't know the Earth orbits the Sun' and only half believe in evolution

If there are isolated discrepancies in the laws of the nature, then how can you term it as a perfect design, or a valid design at all?

What perfect design? Did I say there has to be a perfect design? Did God say that? What is "perfect" according to you? Are those isolated discrepancies of no use? With no meaning to them being there?

Indians were trading all over the world as can be see by the spread of Indian civilization in SE Asia. It was not Arabs who spread Indian civilization until Philippines. You were right they were learning from us, and there was nothing we wanted from them.

India was under seige. It was passing the dark ages that you mention and you want people whose universities were being brunt down and their towns villages razed to ground to come up with scientific inventions? Sense of curiosity and learning is there that is why we are still today a knowledge based society. It is why Indian parents place so much importance on education.

The underlined part is could be described as the reasons why we lagged behind them. And sorry, I do not agree with the view that we had nothing to learn from the Arabs or the Europeans. This very sense of arrogance had put us hundred years behind the West and this was precisely the reason why we needed an European and a outcast Bengali to fight against sati, we needed another fifty years or so to legalize widow marriage. I don't say parents neglect education or so but as a whole we deliberately pushed ourselves backwards.

What perfect design? Did I say there has to be a perfect design? Did God say that? What is "perfect" according to you? Are those isolated discrepancies of no use? With no meaning to them being there?

What is the use of non continuity of Schrodinger wave equation in the existence of the Universe?

Anyone here who saw the debate between Ken Ham and Bill Nye?

bill_nye_vs._ken_ham.jpg

We're having a similar situation here.

outcast Bengali to fight against sati, we needed another fifty years or so to legalize widow marriage.

The West in the time frame you mentioned was burning witches. What that what you wanted to learn from the West. The Arabs and West were burning civilizations to the ground, is that what you wanted to learn from them? How to kill and plunder?

There are not more than 300+ cases of sati documented in the whole of India for the entire period of our history. There was no Sati in Kerala, no Sati in Maharashtra. No Sati in Karnataka. Much of Sati system was confined to the Bengal region and was not something born of Hindu laws but of the circumstance of living in a turbulent society.

Rani of Jhansi did not commit Sati even though the British had not abolished Sati at her time, likewise majority of Hindu women were not committing Sati. Today widow marriage is legal, but guess what hardly any remarry, except in the cases of child widows which was again a situation born of the society under siege.

What is the use of non continuity of Schrodinger wave equation in the existence of the Universe?

Anyone here who saw the debate between Ken Ham and Bill Nye?

bill_nye_vs._ken_ham.jpg

We're having a similar situation here.

Let me read up on the issue and will come back with an argument for that. That you expect me to know everything about Quantum Physics is bizarre.

Need to get back to work.

Let me read up on the issue and will come back with an argument for that. That you expect me to know everything about Quantum Physics is bizarre.

Need to get back to work.

Nice, and you've been teaching a Grad student of Nanoelectronics for all this time, unbelievable. :D

Was I teaching you about nanoelectronics? I thought the argument was about the nature of universe and god.

No, my curriculum is in the borderline of quantum physics and Nanotechnology. And when you're entering a debate, one'd expect you to have an open mind in absorbing and imparting knowledge. If there is a grand design, it'd be homogeneous, not discrete as we quite often face in our experiments.

No, my curriculum is in the borderline of quantum physics and Nanotechnology. And when you're entering a debate, one'd expect you to have an open mind in absorbing and imparting knowledge. If there is a grand design, it'd be homogeneous, not discrete as we quite often face in our experiments.

Will come back. Have lot of work to catch up.

That is a supposition on your part. The Hindu idea of God is not the Christian idea of God and your presumptions about Grand Design have no correlation to what the Hindu philosophies said. The entire premise of God becoming the universe is to experience life in all its variations. So it is not homogeneity one is looking for.

Last edited:
The West in the time frame you mentioned was burning witches. What that what you wanted to learn from the West. The Arabs and West were burning civilizations to the ground, is that what you wanted to learn from them? How to kill and plunder?

There are not more than 300+ cases of sati documented in the whole of India for the entire period of our history. There was no Sati in Kerala, no Sati in Maharashtra. No Sati in Karnataka. Much of Sati system was confined to the Bengal region and was not something born of Hindu laws but of the circumstance of living in a turbulent society.

Rani of Jhansi did not commit Sati even though the British had not abolished Sati at her time, likewise majority of Hindu women were not committing Sati. Today widow marriage is legal, but guess what hardly any remarry, except in the cases of child widows which was again a situation born of the society under siege.

Ok.Finish of your work. And then let me know particularly during 15th Century what stopped us from scientific learning when India, South and East to be particular was practically undisturbed.

@Hermione

Katapayadi system is used to encode numbers in many shlokas

ga – 3 ,pii – 1, bhaa – 4, gya – 1 ,ma – 5 ,dhu – 9 ,ra – 2 ,ta -6 ,shru – 5, ga – 3 ,sho – 5 ,da – 8 ,dhi – 9 ,sa – 7 ,dha – 9 ,ga – 3 kha – 2, la – 3, jii – 8 ,vi – 4 ,ta – 6 ,kha – 2 ,ta – 6 ,va – 4 ,ga – 3, la – 3 ,ra – 2 ,sa – 7 ,dha – 9 ,ra – 2

In Hanuman Chalisa, it is said :

"Yug sahasra yojan par Bhanu|
Leelyo taahi madhu phal janu||"

1 Yug = 12000 years
1 Sahasra = 1000
1 Yojan = 8 Miles

Yug x Sahastra x Yojan = par Bhanu
12000 x 1000 x 8 miles
1 mile = 1.6kms
96000000 miles = 96000000 x 1.6kms =
1536000000 kms to Sun

NASA has said that, it is the exact distance between Earth and Sun (Bhanu).

It is really interesting how accurate and meaningful our ancient scriptures are
Unfortunately barely it is recognized, interpreted accurately or realized by any in today's time...!!!

This prayer to Vishnu calculates pi to 31 decimal places

gopiibhaagya madhuvraataH shruMgashodadhi saMdhigaH .
khalajiivitakhaataava galahaalaa rasaMdharaH

pi = 3.1415926535897932384626433832792

And we have fools bragging about western civilization , that to fools in India

-----------------------------------
Did you know that the famous Hindu astronomer, Bhaskaracharya in his Surya Siddhanta wrote:

“Objects fall on the earth due to a force of attraction by the earth. Therefore, the earth, planets, constellations, moon and sun are held in orbit due to this attraction.”

It was not until 1687, 1200 years later did Issac Newton “rediscover” the Law of Gravity.

In Surya Siddhanta, dated 400-500 AD, the ancient Hindu astronomer Bhaskaracharya states,

I think most of the discussion in this thread warrants a separate thread in itself. The last 10 pages at least.:lol:

Also, I think that Hermione's logic is that we humans have only explored a small fraction of the Universe and the laws it follows, which she prefers to call God.

Science can definitely uncover how things act the way they do, but the why or the purpose of it all escapes every Scientific inquiry.

I think most of the discussion in this thread warrants a separate thread in itself. The last 10 pages at least.:lol:

Also, I think that Hermione's logic is that we humans have only explored a small fraction of the Universe and the laws it follows, which she prefers to call God.

Science can definitely uncover how things act the way they do, but the why or the purpose of it all escapes every Scientific inquiry.

You cannot expect to know everything over night, few century back people accounted God for rain, day and night, and natural calamities, now where are they? Do you dance to satisfy your rain God to harvest your crops?

And if you're comparing your God with the factor of uncertainty or unknown, doesn't that necessarily translates to with every passing advancement of human scientific knowledge, the sphere of the influence of God diminishes?

Who could have thought a decade back that we'd ever find Higgs Boson particle?

You cannot expect to know everything over night, few century back people accounted God for rain, day and night, and natural calamities, now where are they? Do you dance to satisfy your rain God to harvest your crops?

And if you're comparing your God with the factor of uncertainty or unknown, doesn't that necessarily translates to with every passing advancement of human scientific knowledge, the sphere of the influence of God diminishes?

Who could have thought a decade back that we'd ever find Higgs Boson particle?

What you say are all with respect to organized religion, which is another of man's creation in the first place. But again, a Higgs Boson particle can add to the knowledge of how this universe works, but not why and to which end. Our inventions and discoveries, for all their glory, are still such an insignificant development for this universe. We haven't even understood the nature of life yet. We only know the ingredients needed, but why does life occur, why does it evolve etc are still unknown, and will remain so, for science does not know the 'why' in most cases.

Back
Top Bottom