What's new

Ostrich is animal, Pakistan

The Ostrich or Common Ostrich, (Struthio camelus), is one or two species of large flightless birds native to Africa, the only living member(s) of the genus Struthio.

Ostriches share the order Struthioniformes with the kiwis, emus, and other ratites. It has the fastest land speed of any bird. The Ostrich is the largest living species of bird and lays the largest egg of any living bird.

In a nutshell, an Ostrich is a bird, not an animal and no amount of spin can change this fact. Period!

The article makes it clear. The Ostrich is a non-native exotic bird so I guess slaughter for food is prevented. They could have amended the law to make an exception for Ostriches but I guess they just found it much easier to define an Ostrich as an animal which I am guessing has more leeway provided in law.
As they say.. Necessity is the mother of invention.

No way you're making me eat ostrich meat, animal or no animal!

Actually, it may not be as bad as you think it might be. Ostrich meat is a leaner alternative to other meats. It looks and tastes much like beef, but is lower in fat, calories and cholesterol than both beef and chicken.

Stick to Ostrich Burgers. Any religious tag, or any other off topic cheap shot will be dealt with severely.

Stick to Ostrich Burgers. Any religious tag, or any other off topic cheap shot will be dealt with severely.

Useless, but non-religious on-topic factoid: Ostrich feathers make the best dusters available. They are used to prepare cars bodies prior to painting in many BMW factories, and have many other uses too.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom