Weirdos and misfits - oh my !!
bruh
I myself am a weeb.

but I still bash other weebs.
strange

I've lost my sense of humor.
yeah
the past events be like that

Cosplay festivals are huge in Bangladesh these days.

Shinku from Rozen Maiden, in Dhaka, Bangladesh
View attachment 969214

Otaku House Cosplay Idol » Shadab: Bangladesh Cosplay Finalist

View attachment 969215

There are multiple Anime and Manga conventions held at various times throughout the year (every year) in Dhaka. Tradition for at least a decade. Most of the costumes are home-made.

damn
how to get Bangladeshi immigration?

because we were formerly part of the East Pakistan, I demand automatic citizenship !

ok so i was just browsing and found that we also have these otaku cosplay conventions

https://pk.ign.com/anime/195465/new...-and-comic-con-comes-to- karachi-this-january
good try
2140438-dcaecfaffedcf-1579457175.jpg

image_g2bz.960.jpg
image_w4ra.960.jpg

I know I was referring it to as an standalone anime work. Tencent funds many different Japanese anime too I've seen the name pop up here and there. My comment was a general one about the general nature of Chinese anime. All production committes are similar that way.
Honkai Star Rail had excellent reception at launch, the lore drops do their job so I know what you're talking about here. The animation is just to promote the game.
I didn't make this thread about general Chinese anime. I made this thread about THIS anime series in particular, Shrouding the Heavens. I consider it one of top 3 works by Tencent (the other two are Three Body live action drama and Perfect World 3D CGI anime).

BTW, don't generalize. Did you even watch the first 10 minutes before making the comment about it? When I first watched it, the intro song sequence actually made me think of boring generic magic level up academy/school anime too... BUT that's because Tencent had a limited amount of episodes to work with when making that intro sequence! Actual anime completely different from being depicted in intro...

Last edited:
OPENING SONG/SEQUENCE:

NOOB VIEWER: Transported to another world... Joins magic academy... Spars with swords... Fights a few monsters... Returns to school... END of ANIME!

ACTUAL ANIME: Transported to another world... Hey, I'm going to join some magic academy... Why you guys trying to pick on me with swords, I didn't even learn how to summon them yet?... Fuk u I quit this school!... Roams open worlds/explores distant towns (like in Genshin Impact)... Defeats a few monsters/magic bosses... Reunites with friends and long lost sister... END of ANIME!

THIS gotta be the BADDEST intro sequence Tencent ever made!

BTW, the one thing I love the MOST about this anime is the Mortal Kombat element. When engaging the protagonist, he doesn't become Mr. Nice guy and let the loser leave/live and come back fight him another day. He actually KILLS them off right there on the spot! By the end of Ep 26, the main character already killed a powerful magic school elder and 8-9 prominent characters in the anime! Doesn't matter male or female, so long as that person tries to hurt him, he kills them both! The way Tencent just finishes off characters you think would stick around till the end of the anime... so comical!

Last edited:
ok so i was just browsing and found that we also have these otaku cosplay conventions

https://pk.ign.com/anime/195465/new...-and-comic-con-comes-to- karachi-this-january
good try
View attachment 969510

View attachment 969505View attachment 969509
Yes sir, the one in Karachi is the largest and oldest, started as COMICON, there is a smaller one held every year in Lahore and that is more focused on COSPLAY and OTAKU...

Nah I don't like these 3d type Chinese anime. Also Chinese anime in general is the same cultivation type story, there's no character development or world building. You basically have a op guy who powers up using his broken cheat code like powers.
The immortal's journey towards immortality is a nice one. Give it a try.

I am into donghuas nowadays. Seen plenty of anime.

I am participated in an comicon and kpop convention in 2017 or 18 I think, in Islamabad. We had epic cosplay of Nier Automata and Deadpool there.

I am too old now.. Maybe I can cosplay into Master Roshi...

Last edited:
The immortal's journey towards immortality is a nice one. Give it a try.

I am into donghuas nowadays. Seen plenty of anime.

I am participated in an comicon and kpop convention in 2017 or 18 I think, in Islamabad. We had epic cosplay of Nier Automata and Deadpool there.

I am too old now.. Maybe I can cosplay into Master Roshi...
No, not any donghua. Only the ones made by Tencent... Like the Three Body CGI 3D anime made by BiliBili... bleh!!

Tencent is a class all on its own!

(Well, maybe if Alibaba went into TV anime too instead of just animated movies, then we will have another worthy contender...)

Last edited:
I just finished Ep 30. Myanimelist shows 52 episodes, but I think Tencent definitely planning more than 52. Myanimelist only shows 130 episodes for Perfect World too, but Tencent already released up to Ep 135.

I think at one point, they had a discussion about what they were going to do for their next project. Somebody suggested a Genshin Impact anime and the Tencent execs saw stars in their eyes. There's nothing more marketable than a GI-like anime, it's way up there along with 3Body live action drama. That's y they poured so much resources into this anime to make it look like a AAA production!

Anyways, I love the MC of Shrouding the Heavens. So bad-arse and cocky in the way he trash talks his opponent like Ye Xiu of The King's Avatar. I think at one point they were considering to use his voice too, but he doesn't really suit an immortal cultivator type character.

My Current List of Top 3 Tencent Works

1. Three Body live-action drama

2. Shrouding the Heavens (A Genshin Impact knock-off anime but for adults NOT for kids)

3. Perfect World (A Nezha/Fengshen knock-off/Modern take on Investiture of the Gods but in anime form)

Last edited:
I will post more of these cross-similarities. (Notice: The inside of the purple ring has the same runes as the red/purple runes encircling treasure boxes in Genshin Impact!)

TREASURE BOX ITEMS (Demon treasures):

Treasure09.jpg

Treasure00.jpg
Treasure01.jpg
Treasure02.jpg
Treasure03.jpg
Treasure04.jpg
Treasure05.jpg
Treasure06.jpg
Treasure07.jpg
Treasure08.jpg

(See the similar runes inside the purple ring [a Demon treasure] as the runes around a treasure box in Genshin Impact!)

Last edited:
When imitating another work, it's advisable to keep everything the same (minimum effort).

Following the Dao principles...

IF what's TAN/AMBER (The Traveler's dress code) becomes BLUE (Ye Fan's outfit)...

Yuan01c.jpg
Yuan01e.jpg
Yuan02.jpg

... THEN, what's BLUE (intense Anemo energy/ANEMOCULUS) should become TAN/AMBER (Yuan):

Yuan03.jpg
Yuan04.jpg
Yuan06.jpg
Yuan07.jpg
Yuan10.jpg

Last edited:
I think in Genshin Impact, if you held the magic attack button close to a target, you could unleash a combo melee attack.

COMBO MELEE ATTACK:

Combo1.jpg
Combo2.jpg
Combo3.jpg
Combo4.jpg
Combo5.jpg
Combo6.jpg

I AM NOT a GENSHIN IMPACT NERD!

The shocking truth: Sorry to disappoint you all, I am not a Genshin Impact nerd. I probably spent a combined total 20-30 hours on the game, got stuck in one particular dungeon level (I was too weak only level 35 or something) and just plain gave up.

Everything I see in Shrouding the Heavens based on my limited experience with Genshin Impact. If you see something I missed, feel free to post...!

Personally, I think it's a lot of fun picking out things Tencent "stolen" from Genshin Impact. This is a first rate "adapter" company, and I don't think they have the time to do an original work. Heck, even the famous Shakespeare borrowed the lores of his time to create his memorable works, and he didn't even become famous until he learned to "copy" from the works of others before him...

4K VERSION:

I think Three Body was the first drama Tencent ever uploaded a 4K version to YouTube:

Link to 4K version: Link to 4K version

BUT, a lot of Tencent animes are already seeing a 4K version too! Shrouding the Heavens is one of the few animes actually worth watching in 4K!

TENCENT INTERNAL CORPORATE STRUCTURE

Tencent: Love Between Fairy and Devil just became extremely popular. Let's not let the market for it get away... Do you know of a similar work?

Archives/Library Headmaster: Try to adapt Chong Zi.

--------

Repeat for Genshin Impact. The most valuable department in Tencent probably not the production team assigned to a particular project/series, but the guys who sit down and read every fictional work ever written in China and advises the company when the time comes!

Back
Top Bottom