What's new

Tencent Just Made a Genshin Impact Anime

what the f is this thread about? Clickbait?
Nobody askin u to click on anything. If you don't want to then fuk off and don't click it.

(BTW, do u guys know what I learned from working for a few years at a retail store? At first I was afraid of pissing off the customers, especially the large order repeating customers. BUT then I realized the simple truth. Nobody can single-handedly destroy a company's business, hold hostage the company's sales by themselves. If they had that ability, they wouldn't be a human anymore, they would be a God! These days, I don't even care who I piss off.

One large customer walks away, a new one comes and takes their place.

So, I don't think any one person has the ability to stop my liking of this anime and sharing it with others...)

They actually made a live action movie out of this IP. It's not made by Tencent though so won't have the tie-in with Genshin Impact. IMO, Tencent the only one smart enuf to tie in all their productions with other popular works like GI. Tencent likes to imitate everybody and does an exceptional job at it (of course when given the chance to license the work, they actually do like 3Body)!

Shrouding the Heavens - Fobidden Zone (2023) [Full Action Movie]:

Last edited:
Wow, this thread and the delusion.

I don't even play Genshin but I know the Genshin anime is going to be made by ufotable, a japanese studio.

I don't even play Genshin but I know the Genshin anime is going to be made by ufotable, a japanese studio.
Ufotable is the GOAT. They have the capability for an excellent adaptation. I think people here more or less agreed this Chinese tie in was an "animation" aimed at promotion of the game material prolly for local Chinese audiences?
For Japan, west and rest of the world jap anime is more popular way of transmission.

Hahahahahha! Ufotable.... Never heard of them till today. Good for them. The original Genshin Impact the game is the suck. I played only 20-30 hours total of it just to see what the fuzz was all about. Genshin Impact is for deluded kids like you who not yet finished Kindergarten. It's got too much childish Japanese-style elements.

Thank God Tencent came along and stripped away all that childish silliness and Japanese wanna-be toon characters.

What you get is an amazing 3D CGI anime made for young adults (the MC of Shrouding the Heavens literally finished high school/university and even obtained a driving license to drive his Mercedes to a class reunion! Imagine if some 10 y/o thought THIS anime was made for them...)

Anyways, you know that most Japanese anime are geared for kids 10-15 years old right? When Tencent made The King's Avatar anime and the intended audience was 20+ y/o's that blew everyone's mind away.

So plz, go ahead and enjoy your made-for-kids childish Ufotable version...!

Last edited:
Hahahahahha! Ufotable.... Never heard of them till today. Good for them. The original Genshin Impact the game is the suck. I played only 20-30 hours total of it just to see what the fuzz was all about. Genshin Impact is for deluded kids like you who not yet finished Kindergarten. It's got too much childish Japanese-style elements.

Thank God Tencent came along and stripped away all that childish silliness and Japanese wanna-be toon characters.

What you get is an amazing 3D CGI anime made for young adults (the MC of Shrouding the Heavens literally finished high school/university and even obtained a driving license to drive his Mercedes to a class reunion! Imagine if some 10 y/o thought THIS anime was made for them...)

Anyways, you know that most Japanese anime are geared for kids 10-15 years old right? When Tencent made The King's Avatar anime and the intended audience was 20+ y/o's that blew everyone's mind away.

So plz, go ahead and enjoy your made-for-kids childish Ufotable version...!
Yeah, not knowing ufotable while babbling on about animation, LOL, this dude...

Ufotable is the GOAT. They have the capability for an excellent adaptation. I think people here more or less agreed this Chinese tie in was an "animation" aimed at promotion of the game material prolly for local Chinese audiences?
For Japan, west and rest of the world jap anime is more popular way of transmission.
More or less correct. But it's not meant for promotion of Genshin Impact the game at all.

The way to look at it is... Apple makes MacBooks. Imagine if Huawei never made Matebooks, what will ppl think of the company? They probably think Huawei is inferior to Apple because they are incapable of making laptops.

This is the reason why if you don't have a similar work as another company, ppl will look down on you for being an incapable company and your business goes bust.

So, Shrouding the Heavens was never about promoting Genshin Impact for the domestic Chinese audience, but rather the display of a "me-too" syndrome to ensure the survival and thriving of the company as a whole.

Yeah, not knowing ufotable while babbling on about animation, LOL, this dude...
Not yet even seen the 1st Episode of Shrouding the Heavens and comes polluting this thread and babbling about Ufotbable... LOL!

(ALL you other on-lookers don't be fooled by VIP in the link in the 1st post. All episodes on WeTV can be viewed for free after some time... And also, you won't find the 4K version on WeTV in that link in the 1st post, although I am very much enjoying this anime in 4K up to the latest episode!)

Last edited:
ANOTHER FRUIT TREE SCENE (BUT this time more resembling Sunsettia, instead of over-sized wild berries as an earlier post):

Fruit31.jpg
Fruit32.jpg
Fruit33.jpg
Fruit34.jpg
Fruit35.jpg
Fruit36.jpg
Fruit37.jpg

Also, the difference being Tencent actually films them eating the fruit!

Fruit38.jpg
Fruit39.jpg

Baldur's Gate 3!!!

It's too bad it doesn't continue the story of the son of Bhaal.

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are my most favorite RPG, then continued with Star Wars KOTOR 1 and 2, and Mass Effect Trilogy.

Currently I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty.

Baldur's Gate 3!!!

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are my most favorite RPG, then continued with Star Wars KOTOR 1 and 2, and Mass Effect Trilogy.

Those games sound nice. I actually have a pirated copy of Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition (GOG version) somewhere on my hard drive. No time to play it... yet!

Anyways, besides a few laptops I own, most of my machines are mini-PCs with no slot to accept dedicated graphics card. So I'm stuck playing old school games that require no more than iGPU! BUT, the nice thing about mini-PCs is if you get an industrial board, they usually come with an eDP port to let you connect it directly to a laptop LCD screen. Laptop screens always look much nicer than desktop monitors when playing games/watching videos. Nothing beats a projector though for maximum visual enjoyment...

Baldur's Gate 3!!!

Baldur's Gate 3, the cringiest and most overhyped game of the year, which looks and plays nothing like the original (which are kinda overrated too).
Man, I always get mad when this game is mentioned.
Those games sound nice. I actually have a pirated copy of Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition (GOG version) somewhere on my hard drive. No time to play it... yet!

Anyways, besides a few laptops I own, most of my machines are mini-PCs with no slot to accept dedicated graphics card. So I'm stuck playing old school games that require no more than iGPU! BUT, the nice thing about mini-PCs is if you get an industrial board, they usually come with an eDP port to let you connect it directly to a laptop LCD screen. Laptop screens always look much nicer than desktop monitors when playing games/watching videos. Nothing beats a projector though for maximum visual enjoyment...
Bruh, you seriously play game on a friggin' projector?
What about the frame rate/FPS?

This guy always comes with the weirdest take.

Baldur's Gate 3, the cringiest and most overhyped game of the year, which looks and plays nothing like the original (which are kinda overrated too).
Man, I always get mad when this game is mentioned.

Bruh, you seriously play game on a friggin' projector?
What about the frame rate/FPS?

This guy always comes with the weirdest take.
Oh, I forget, Viet monkeys can't afford projectors... They take HDMI input dummy! If the HDMI signal is 60Hz, the projector will refresh the picture 60 times a second!

Oh, I forget, Viet monkeys can't afford projectors... They take HDMI input dummy! If the HDMI signal is 60Hz, the projector will refresh the picture 60 times a second!
Holy shit, this dude, I play my games on a Sony OLED TV with a 120Hz in 4K resolution.

What kind of poverty *** thing going on that you consider playing on a school projector a luxury?

Holy shit, this dude, I play my games on a Sony OLED TV with a 120Hz in 4K resolution.

What kind of poverty *** thing going on that you consider playing on a school projector a luxury?
Backwards monkeys always think it's better to shoot the light source straight into your eyes than have the light rays first bounce off the wall and then travel to your eyes via diffuse reflection principle. No matter LCD or OLED the light goes straight to your eyes, it will "damage" your eyesight if used for prolonged periods of time, whereas projected light is more natural.

In the West, nobody brags about their 4K OLED TV. It's only the monkeys in the backwards countries that talk so highly of them. Direct light transmission displays are not snobby enough for the rich ppl in the West. I once visited a rich guy's home some 10 years ago. He was showing off his huge projection TV (basically a large box housing a white screen with the projector hidden in the base of the TV). I thought to myself, why didn't he get a plasma TV instead? The answer is simple rich ppl care more about their health than ordinary ppl. A plasma TV (with direct light transmission) was not good enough for him. When you visit Bill Gates home, u think he wants to show you his huge 16K OLED TV? No, he's more likely to demonstrate his cinema grade 16K 3D laser projector!

These projector manufacturers promotion materials have the right idea (replace LED with OLED):

270f7b8af260a7fea30410dfecf6f9c4.jpg

Also backwards monkeys think a large image at 4K is clearer (higher dpi) than a simple laptop screen...

--------

RICH SNOB: Hahahaha, so you mean to tell me Joe Average thinks 4K OLED TVs, especially those under the Sony brand is the shiet?!?!

Last edited:
Backwards monkeys always think it's better to shoot the light source straight into your eyes than have the light rays first bounce off the wall and then travel to your eyes via diffuse reflection principle. No matter LCD or OLED the light goes straight to your eyes, it will "damage" your eyesight if used for prolonged periods of time, whereas projected light is more natural.

In the West, nobody brags about their 4K OLED TV. It's only the monkeys in the backwards countries that talk so highly of them. Direct light transmission displays are not snobby enough for the rich ppl in the West. I once visited a rich guy's home some 10 years ago. He was showing off his huge projection TV (basically a large box housing a white screen with the projector hidden in the base of the TV). I thought to myself, why didn't he get a plasma TV instead? The answer is simple rich ppl care more about their health than ordinary ppl. A plasma TV (with direct light transmission) was not good enough for him. When you visit Bill Gates home, u think he wants to show you his huge 16K OLED TV? No, he's more likely to demonstrate his cinema grade 16K 3D laser projector!

These projector manufacturers promotion materials have the right idea (replace LED with OLED):

View attachment 1029364

Also backwards monkeys think a large image at 4K is clearer (higher dpi) than a simple laptop screen...

--------

RICH SNOB: Hahahaha, so you mean to tell me Joe Average thinks 4K OLED TVs, especially those under the Sony brand is the shiet?!?!
I'm not even rich, out average as most, but I can afford a good PC and a 4K OLED TV.

All this bragging about muh West just shows how poor the average westerner are in comparison to a middle class Vietnamese like me.

Back
Top Bottom