What's new

Otokar reveils several new products (Incl 30ton IFV)

BordoEnes

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Otokar URAL (New APC, Similair to Cobra II)
Otokar Cobra II (Official)
New 30 Ton IFV (Named TULPAR)
Mizruk Turret with UMTAS

Is this a sweet day or what :)

2wp17aa.jpg

332qz2s.jpg

71qsqv.jpg

ArmaUmtas_zps31efc956.jpg

tulpar.jpg

tulpar2.jpg

ural.jpg

I loved Cobra because of its V chasis outer design and exhaust pipe placement now both of them gone! :hitwall: Even though i am sure same V chasis protection staying under the vehicle outer design its just not same , now it looks like any other Humvee wannabe APC. :undecided:

I loved Cobra because of its V chasis outer design and exhaust pipe placement now both of them gone! :hitwall: Even though i am sure same V chasis protection staying under vehicle outer design its just not same , now it looks like any other Humvee wannabe APC. :undecided:

Exhaust pipe is still above the roof, just muffler disappered in Cobra II. I'm also curious about V chasis, we need a photo taken from under the vehicle.

From video looks like its primary role is troop transportation but with that chasis you can easily make an IFV or light-tank , just increase caliber of main gun and put some anti-tank missiles on it.Also its always been said FNSS will make the new 30 ton chasis for SPAAG turret but now Otokar made Tulpar chasis is FNSS gonna unveil its own design? If it does to which chasis SPAAG turret will put on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tulpar with Mizrak 30 looks like a Tracked Arma :)

Really , FNSS must be sweat off :)

1_2__large0fy0j.jpg

Otokar Arma as Tank destroyer ?

cDQZjYE.jpg

ural.jpg

This should replace Shortland as a vehicle with V-shaped chassis and 5.5 tonnes combat weight. It's higher so mines should do less damage to it and pretty sure the off-road capabilities remain the same. All shortlands must be donated or sold to the police department and we need to replace them with the URAL.

Nice one but I'd wish that TULPAR looked a little less cv90-like.

I just hope that they plan to have more sophisticated missile launchers in which missiles are protected from arms fire.
Yea it's a 30-tonnes vehicle, some more armor plating around wouldn't hurt. But this:
aselsan_kapilarini_halka_acti_h7563.jpg

can be installed on even lighter vehicles such as the cobra II.
I think they need to design a better pod for the cirit first.

Yea it's a 30-tonnes vehicle, some more armor plating around wouldn't hurt. But they need to design a better pod for the cirit first.

Yes it´s 30 tonnes ,but it´s up to 40 :)

We do not really know the Specs wait for IEDF 2013 and FNSS IFV´s :)

RESIMDE UMTAS DEGIL LUMTAS YAZIYOR :
cDQZjYE.jpg

Otokar Arma as Tank destroyer ?

You can't make a Tank Destroyer by simply adding few anti-tank missiles , you need to put a far more bigger caliber main gun to turn both Arma and Talper into Tank Destroyers.

stryker_mgs.jpg

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/stryker_mgs.htm

Your idea of turning wheeled APCs like Arma/Pars into Tank Destroyer can be done after all its already tried(as you can see above) but because of wheeled APC's vulnerability againts RPGs its canceled in the end.On other hand Talper as 35-40 ton tracked chasis(specially when you consider its low profile) is better suited for Tank Destroyer/Light-Tank role.

We desperatly needs these, there are so many ancient pieces of scrapmetal that needs to be replaced right away such as Otokar Akrep(shortland), Cadillac V150, Condor APC, Dragoon AFV, BTR-80s etc. Donate them to police, They could perhaps use them but useless for Army and Jandarma.

Yes it´s 30 tonnes ,but it´s up to 40 :)

We do not really know the Specs wait for IEDF 2013 and FNSS IFV´s :)

RESIMDE UMTAS DEGIL LUMTAS YAZIYOR :
cDQZjYE.jpg

images

How could i have missed that???

Back
Top Bottom