What's new

PA TANKS comparison with contempory tanks

nevermind found some sources.
look good but how effective is this aiganst al khalid II or will it boost the indian tank capabilities that much?

i searched for top ten tanks and did not find alkhalid there.. i also dont know at which rank the alkhalid stand.

please compare the specs of alkhalid with these tanks
leopard,
t84,
t80 ud
t72
m84..
t90
type99
challenger etc
Too much tanks and too much modifications for each to compare.

like the aircrafts, is there a 4th/ 5th gen category division in tanks aswell?
Here tank generations:

1 gen: 88-100 mm gun, 150-200 mm steel armor. (T-54/55, Centurion, M47/48).

2 gen: 105-115 mm gun, more thick steel armor. Active night vision, automatic fire supression systems, stereoscopic range finders, gun stabilization, mechanical ballistic computer.... (T-62, M60, Leopard 1, AMX-30)

3 gen: composite armor, 120-125 mm gun with APFSDS rounds, automatic FCS, laser range finders, thermal sight, protected ammo, high power to weight ratio (M1A1, Leopard 2, T-80, T-90, Challenger, Merkava 3, Type 99, Al Khalid, Arjun...)

3+ gen: independent thermal sight for TC (hunter kill option), battle management system, improved armor, fully electrical turret drive (M1A2, Leopard 2A5, Challenger 2, Merkava 4, Leclerc)

------------------

There are also tanks that fall in the middle. For example T-72 and Chieftain had powerful guns and armor, but had weak FCS and underpowered.

Too much tanks and too much modifications for each to compare.

Here tank generations:

1 gen: 88-100 mm gun, 150-200 mm steel armor. (T-54/55, Centurion, M47/48).

2 gen: 105-115 mm gun, more thick steel armor. Active night vision, automatic fire supression systems, stereoscopic range finders, gun stabilization, mechanical ballistic computer.... (T-62, M60, Leopard 1, AMX-30)

3 gen: composite armor, 120-125 mm gun with APFSDS rounds, automatic FCS, laser range finders, thermal sight, protected ammo, high power to weight ratio (M1A1, Leopard 2, T-80, T-90, Challenger, Merkava 3, Type 99, Al Khalid, Arjun...)

3+ gen: independent thermal sight for TC (hunter kill option), battle management system, improved armor, fully electrical turret drive (M1A2, Leopard 2A5, Challenger 2, Merkava 4, Leclerc)

------------------

There are also tanks that fall in the middle. For example T-72 and Chieftain had powerful guns and armor, but had weak FCS and underpowered.

Well Al Khalid had some of the already 3+ gen capabilities, hunter-killer capability, IBMS Rahbar, thus AK can be in between the 3rd & 3+ gen of tanks.

But hopefully the AK-I would be a further improvement compared to the earlier model and has better specifications.

Well Al Khalid had some of the already 3+ gen capabilities, hunter-killer capability, IBMS Rahbar, thus AK can be in between the 3rd & 3+ gen of tanks.

But hopefully the AK-I would be a further improvement compared to the earlier model and has better specifications.
ALKHALID
is 3rd gen

A C4I system for the AK tanks would be a good option to put in. I have seen this more and more on newer tanks.

Similar to this

YouTube - Japan New 44ton MBT (Main Battle Tank) Type10 Tank Prototype (TK-X) Test - English News

a respected member on this forum (Blackblood i think it was) mentioned in early 2010 that Pakistan has already started serial production of Al-Khalid I.

a respected member on this forum (Blackblood i think it was) mentioned in early 2010 that Pakistan has already started serial production of Al-Khalid I.

Nops, as far as my last info, till a few months back, the PA had not yet even field tested the AK-1 (the one which we saw in the CJCSC's HIT visit), as it was short of funding. The plans to test it were to have been started at the end of 2010 or this year, the current update is not with me yet. But production has not started in 2010.

Still time to get the AK-1 in full production.

A C4I system for the AK tanks would be a good option to put in. I have seen this more and more on newer tanks.

Similar to this

YouTube - Japan New 44ton MBT (Main Battle Tank) Type10 Tank Prototype (TK-X) Test - English News

AK has the Pak developed Rahbar IBMS which has been improved further. PA is going for net centric warfare capability which we saw in the latest field exercises Azm-e-Nau, but since we are cash strapped, things will move slowly.

The Rahbar IBMS for the AKs was made by CARE Pvt Ltd, and it was rumored to get an export order from the UAE ground forces too, but did it materialize or not is not clear.

isn't also AlII in developing?
will this be an answer for arjun 2? or is AL I the answer?

isn't also AlII in developing?
will this be an answer for arjun 2? or is AL I the answer?

There is no arjun 2... AK-I is an upgrade for AK with more modern systems,armour,FCs and defence systems,gun,avionics,jammers,laser systems,side skirts etc.

Back
Top Bottom