What's new

PAF can counter India’s new war doctrine, says air chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
paf pilots regularly go on deputations/exchange pilot programmes to other muslim countries so i dont think bvr strategy is all that alien for paf to understand .. and it wont need paf ''decades'' to master-- moreover i doubt that the bvr will be shot from their maximum range anyway , so just by looking at ranges is only one aspect members are factoring in the equation

PAF F-16s are getting customized rather than standard MLU-3 or MLU-4
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...6-mlu-specifications-36-blk-52-prospects.html

32 blk 15
14 embargoed-transferred later blk 15 ocu [Operational Capability Upgrade]
01 attrition
45 to undergo mlu
18 blk 52 delivered
18 blk 52 option
14 blk 40 from EDA stocks/ originally embargoed being negotiated
------
i hope the numbers are correct

the capability of these mlu-ed fighters is very colse to the blk52+ ofcourse minus the inherent longer range and cft carrying capability of the new blk52+,rest is the same ---- the major breakthrough came when paf bought 500 aim120c5 which is the probably the biggest transaction of bvrs by the u.s to any country

paf pilots regularly go on deputations/exchange pilot programmes to other muslim countries so i dont think bvr strategy is all that alien for paf to understand .. and it wont need paf ''decades'' to master-- moreover i doubt that the bvr will be shot from their maximum range anyway , so just by looking at ranges is only one aspect members are factoring in the equation

We've had our hands on BVRs a lot earlier then most folks think.. according to this PAF has had BVRAAMs since at least the year 2000.

PAF - Inventory: Missiles

Type
Role

Raytheon AIM-7F Sparrow
Air-to-Air

Raytheon AIM-9J/L Sidewinder
Air-to-Air

MATRA R.530
Air-to-Air

MATRA R.550 Magic 1
Air-to-Air

Hughes AGM-65A/B Maverick
Air-to-Surface

Aerospatiale AM 39 Exocet
Anti-Ship

(source: Jane's Sentinel Security Assessment, 12-14-00)

courtesy Sir fatman17

these old missiles had less kill probability and i was referring to the strategy based upon aim120 -- i dont know if the sparrows with the paf still have a shelf life left or not? meanbird once told me that our f7pgs were bvr equipped however there is no internet ''link'' to prove it

these old missiles had less kill probability and i was referring to the strategy based upon aim120 -- i dont know if the sparrows with the paf still have a shelf life left or not? meanbird once told me that our f7pgs were bvr equipped however there is no internet ''link'' to prove it

dont know why Indian members are insisting that PAF pilots must have like 20+ year experience on BVR missile usage to be of any use against IAF.
even 2 or 3 years of experience is good enough specially when an AIM 120 will be coming to say Hi to IAF plane its pilot will be more concerned about using his experience in counter measures rather than taking it easy and continuing to fly in straight line satisfied that PAF pilots are still newbies in BVR combat.

dont know why Indian members are insisting that PAF pilots must have like 20+ year experience on BVR missile usage to be of any use against IAF.
even 2 or 3 years of experience is good enough specially when an AIM 120 will be coming to say Hi to IAF plane its pilot will be more concerned about using his experience in counter measures rather than taking it easy and continuing to fly in straight line satisfied that PAF pilots are still newbies in BVR combat.

the overall main point is that the IAF has a plethora of BVR AAM's more than the 500 the PAF ordered for a handful of its F-16 fighter fleet the PAF has only had the AIM-120 for a short amount of time and you know how long pilot training takes and new training modules are needed for BVR combat it is a significant switch from focusing completely on dog fighting to BVR. India has R-27, R-77, R73 and has a long operational period with them we even placed them on our MiG-21's in fact it was the older BVR R-60 missile that shot down the atlantique in 99

the technology and quality gap expands even further since we are adding MICA and Derby missiles to our fleet and with the addition of Rafale India can get access to Meteor.

but to get back on topic now the PAF can pin down the IAF for only so long the qualitative and quantitative edge will prevail in a war scenario

to answer you mr. PAF chief maybe for a few days you can control the IAF but eventually would dominate Pakistani skies in the event of war although i am not hoping for such a scenario in the future.

Are IAF Mig-21 BVR capable? In comparison, we are assuming that PAF F-7pg holds this ability...

You need to have enough experience with the BVRs. 2-3 years of experience is not good enough. You need to change the doctrine according to it. Tactics will change..lots of things. You can't fire missile lavishly for practice as it is costlier too.

Are IAF Mig-21 BVR capable? In comparison, we are assuming that PAF F-7pg holds this ability...

MIG 21 upgraded to Bison carry R-77 adder and R-27 Alamo missiles where as PAF's F-7 pg are not BVR capable.

MiG-21bis are armed with R-60 for short range interception and R-27 for medium-long range interception a R-60 downed the Pakistani naval air arm Atlantique in 99 our MiG-21Bisons use the R-73 missile in combination with the R27 and you are only assuming they are armed with BVR's from what i know PAF only purchased 500 AIM-120's only for their F-16 fleet

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Toss over a nuke if we feel threatened I always say

be careful what you say beta the scenario you are talking about would result in your nations complete obliteration whereas India would only be maimed in a scenario take your media's advice on this one especially since India has ABM's in place/placing over the country and as time go by the ABM range would increase to cover missiles from currently 2,500km to 5,000km range also your failed first strike attempt would result us in using our "massive" retaliation enshrined in our no first use nuclear doctrine.

Result of INDIA - PAKISTAN atomic war......... - YouTube

Toss over a nuke if we feel threatened I always say

:lol: Pakistan must be the most nookliar advanced nation if you go by the posts of Pakistani members here. I remember someone mentioning nookliear bullets being used by Pakistani police in foiling a bank robbery a few months back.. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom