What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

How about another rumour ... the PLAAF is slowly retiring its Russian Su-30MKK and IMO also soon the Su-30MK2 in the naval role?

So these - then sanctioned by Russia and updated with new Chinese engines and avionics - would be an ideal type for both the AF as an asset "above" the J-10C as @Tipu7 hinted and for the PN!

Oh well ... a year or two ago I would have laughed about this theory. I think I'm getting old. :cray:

@The Eagle @kursed @Zarvan @SQ8 @Reichsmarschall
Ok I've seen everything now on PDF, @Deino starting a rumor on PDF about Pakistan Air force, I have found meaning of life itself, found the secrets of Creations.

What if we have got that permission?
Would still be difficult, you'd need to convince the central gov't to clear it for export since the PLA needs J-16D for Pacific operations and don't want any of their EW stuff getting into the wrong hands.

Unlikely unless you can get permission of Russia since the Flanker models are their IP and China only received license for domestic production and use.
That license was only for the controlled production of the J-11A/Su-27SK Flankers. But, China has been violating that license ever since with the continued production of the J-11B, J-15, and J-16. Clandestinely based on the Su-27SK, Su-33, Su-30MKK respectively.

But the Russians have uttered only muted protests and have preferred to turn a blind eye to these violations, due to the substantial economic support that it receives in trade with China.

Also, PMIK is about to embark on a trip to Russia.
Let's see what comes out of that trip.

Ill do it -
Everything including funds exists except the DSCA notices and approval. It really is up to Pakistan to pull that trigger and see where it goes. Even the config has been pretty much decided including 120C-8s and 9Xs.

18 new builds(options for X more) with upgrades for Block-52 fleet as part of package.
Unit price is slightly more as offered to Bahrian due to additional systems and twice the normal spares.
Any chance of it being paid via blocked CSF? Going how even Afghan reserves were split, it looks impossible.

Not long ago when J-10 rumors once again hit PDF few members who are not so active here mentioned about Medium/Long Range Radars from US, at that time there was talks of buying jets from East and West, and we just got ones from the EAST, so now lets keep the figures crossed for the ones from the west, with J-10's PAF now have a fighter with AESA and longer range AAM so Americans will be bit more reluctant towards releasing the 18 old block 52's along with option to upgrade the fleet with V standards, yes its a high guess game but the world is changing and so does Pakistan armed forces and their weapon acquisitions.

PAF currently holds around 80 F-16's adding those 18 will give them the number they always were looking for, +/- 100 units all upgraded to either 52s or V Standard.
50-80 J-10's which will take various roles
250 JF-17's
(I don't know) numbers of Mirages in PAF.

This was what PAF was initially looking for anyway, so I think @Tipu7 might be hinting towards a similar behind the door negotiations with Americans by Pakistani's for the remaining F-16's with the CSF.

That license was only for the controlled production of the J-11A/Su-27SK Flankers. But, China has been violating that license ever since with the continued production of the J-11B, J-15, and J-16. Clandestinely based on the Su-27SK, Su-33, Su-30MKK respectively.
But the Russians have uttered only muted protests and have preferred to turn a blind eye to these violations, due to the substantial economic support that it receives in trade with China.

Also, PMIK is about to embark on a trip to Russia.
Let's see what comes out of that trip.
From what I remember, Xi Jinping and Putin resolved the IP infringement for the other Flanker versions during one of the meetings in the 2010s, can't remember the specific date right now.

Not long ago when J-10 rumors once again hit PDF few members who are not so active here mentioned about Medium/Long Range Radars from US, at that time there was talks of buying jets from East and West, and we just got ones from the EAST, so now lets keep the figures crossed for the ones from the west, with J-10's PAF now have a fighter with AESA and longer range AAM so Americans will be bit more reluctant towards releasing the 18 old block 52's along with option to upgrade the fleet with V standards, yes its a high guess game but the world is changing and so does Pakistan armed forces and their weapon acquisitions.

PAF currently holds around 80 F-16's adding those 18 will give them the number they always were looking for, +/- 100 units all upgraded to either 52s or V Standard.
50-80 J-10's which will take various roles
250 JF-17's
(I don't know) numbers of Mirages in PAF.

This was what PAF was initially looking for anyway, so I think @Tipu7 might be hinting towards a similar behind the door negotiations with Americans by Pakistani's for the remaining F-16's with the CSF.

Considering the wait list of orders on F16s, when are the deliveries expected? 2028? Why would Pakistan want more F16s in 2028? We can probably get more J10Cs earlier than that? + they'd probably be more capable.

Considering the wait list of orders on F16s, when are the deliveries expected? 2028? Why would Pakistan want more F16s in 2028? We can probably get more J10Cs earlier than that? + they'd probably be more capable.
2028 is a guess date, you don't need to wait for that US can release the 52's which are rusting in their bone yard, at this stage even 18 52's will make a lot of difference for PAF, lets not forget Indian only have less than 30 Rafale that too will take years before they master the plane, but for PAF as other members pointed out, get F-16's and take it to their air, many sq pilots are well trained on them, by the time J10 is mastered by PAF, F-16's will still remain the backbone and offensive punch of PAF in any near or distant conflict with India.

Yes, already in media that Pak may go up to 90 J-10C.

F-16/Typhoons no chance ....bad economy & geopolitical factors.

I loved the community with the mods that they built on top of this game, along with BMS and Allied Force. Bought joysticks with POV Hat switches just for this :D.

I had Saitek X36F combo which i gave away to a friend just last month, now i got myself a Oculus Quest 2 and i am regretting giving it away, exploring ways of getting my hands on another HOTAS without getting killed by wife :P

Good point quick delivery would be F15EX and with them PAF can have 50V kits 18 for Blk52 and rest for used jetts from US or third party

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom