What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Sacha Pakistani hone ke saboot aur Jaraseem :)
Issi mitti ki paidawar hain - zindagi guzri hai inhi galiyon mein.

Well yes, the J-20 has similar lights.
Looks like J-19CP has similar lights. But why?
Screenshot of J-20 with بتیاں۔
View attachment 816409

View attachment 816410

Edit: Actually these strip lights seem to be standard feature in J-10C . I could find only one picture of the lights being used, and it's faint.
View attachment 816413

But the question remains, what benefits these light strips , front and back, bring?
They help in positioning in formations

A few more things.

I am not sure why certain people are still talking about su35. It's really not very good. J10c and j16 routinely whips it in fact. In terms of avionics, it's far behind what china is using on it's 4th gen aircraft. There is no aesa radar option for su35. It doesn't exist. The Russians haven't figured out how to mass produce aesa radar cost efficiently yet. I am not sure why people are still talking about it. It's not that good. Nobody is even importing it anymore.

Let's put it this way. If India picks su35 avionics on it's mki upgrade, paf will have a qualitative advantage over iaf for years.

Rafale probably is a more capable aircraft than j10c right now. At least in terms of multirole capability. That's why it's winning export sales everywhere. But despite the French and Indian advertising, it doesn't have stealth and will be a severe under dog vs j20 or f35. J10c will be a quality for against it. The rumoured scenario of rafale ew suite jamming su35 radar is due to the weakness of su35 avionics rather than rafale ew suite being the best in the world. By this point, j10c would have been tested against the more powerful ew suite of j20 and j16.

Again, not saying j10c is some miracle aircraft, but it's pretty capable. Among 4th gen fighters, I would only put the latest rafale and f15e ahead of it in terms of full combat capabilities. Those also happen to be the two aircraft that everyone without f35 access are getting.

Hi,

I am one of the senior most members on this forum.

I used to be on the think Tank but I resigned my commission many years ago due to difference of opinion with those who stated that pakistan did not have funds and will get nothing from china ever and J10 does not bring anything to the table---.

There will be no Type 054's---pakistan is broke---there will be no chinese submarines---and look now---none of them has any shame to come forward and apologize---hey @araz---how about an apology.

& mods---don't delete the post.
You are about to hit 20,000 posts. This is post 19,999.

A few more things.

I am not sure why certain people are still talking about su35. It's really not very good. J10c and j16 routinely whips it in fact. In terms of avionics, it's far behind what china is using on it's 4th gen aircraft. There is no aesa radar option for su35. It doesn't exist. The Russians haven't figured out how to mass produce aesa radar cost efficiently yet. I am not sure why people are still talking about it. It's not that good. Nobody is even importing it anymore.

Let's put it this way. If India picks su35 avionics on it's mki upgrade, paf will have a qualitative advantage over iaf for years.

Rafale probably is a more capable aircraft than j10c right now. At least in terms of multirole capability. That's why it's winning export sales everywhere. But despite the French and Indian advertising, it doesn't have stealth and will be a severe under dog vs j20 or f35. J10c will be a quality for against it. The rumoured scenario of rafale ew suite jamming su35 radar is due to the weakness of su35 avionics rather than rafale ew suite being the best in the world. By this point, j10c would have been tested against the more powerful ew suite of j20 and j16.

Again, not saying j10c is some miracle aircraft, but it's pretty capable. Among 4th gen fighters, I would only put the latest rafale and f15e ahead of it in terms of full combat capabilities. Those also happen to be the two aircraft that everyone without f35 access are getting.

Su-35 can perform some tasks that J10C is not suitable for, like J16 in PLAAF.

In 2018, PLAAF obtained 24 Su-35. The Chinese added AESA to them and could use PL-15.

Su-35 can perform some tasks that J10C is not suitable for, like J16 in PLAAF.

In 2018, PLAAF obtained 24 Su-35. The Chinese added AESA to them and could use PL-15.
Pakistan is too small In size to warrant the need of large twin engine fighter jets.
China has to cover area from xinjiang to South China Sea. Likewise India has large airspace from Nepalese border to Andanan islands. So the use of large twin engine jets with high fuel carrying capacity and longer flight duration is justified.
Why would Pakistan ever need such large jets, is beyond me.

Last edited:
AEW&C radars are not fire control radars.
Link 17 , like link 16 , can be used to provide two way data link to update the missile to guide to a target, where the missile can turn on its own radar and goes pitbull. So , technically it is possible.

Link 17 , like link 16 , can be used to provide two way data link to update the missile to guide to a target, where the missile can turn on its own radar and goes pitbull. So , technically it is possible.
Meteor missile has this capability ( inducted 2004) . Shouldn't be surprising, I guess ,if sd 10 and pl15 has this ability.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom