What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

i found this on pakdefinfo

the translation of the video

Salam,

Dear Munir Saab,

"If some can speak French... A short documentary about JF17 in Farnborough with African people checking the plane..."

The man who is speaking in french in the daily motion video says that the JF17 is a low cost aircraft made by chineses with the participation of pakistanis. The Pakistanis will be the main customer for it. He also says that the JF-17 is a very rustic technology, a so rustic technology that chineses wanted to change the avionics with french avionics but french government refused the deal officialy for two reasons :

- do not want transfert technology to chineses
- do not want anger indian.

Regards.
Amar,

these r French's point of view

Buddies how many Thunder you sold at Farnborough Air Show.

33 and half Kilos of them dude.....

bro Farnbrough is not a fish market where you go and sell for goodies...

grow up,

however to bring to your knowledge, it is a fighter plaane, only about two~three years old. even the eastablished global players of this market like the US, Russians and the Europeans have taken som three to four years and the MMRCA is not done as yet...

currently PAF is persuaing the potential customer to have a look at the bird, once it get mature the world will know its abiities. then the intrested customers will evaluate it and only then will the final words be inked.

even after a nation declares intrest in JFT, it will take some good two to three years of testing, modifications and evaluation by the customer before the contracts will be made.

i hope it is clear to you now,,

i would suggest if you can go to Intro section and intrduce yourself it will be good for all!

best reagdrs!

Last edited:

Hi,

Air shows work like car shows----like when a new car is introduced---and you go to see it---but then you can also go to see that car at the showroom---later on.

With aircrafts---there are no showrooms---there are the air bases----but with very limited access---.

So---the air show gives the oppurtunity to prospecting parties to look into what they want in an open environenment---. In the industry it is called a teaser---. Auto makers come out with fancy models----to see the response of the visitors and then gauge the depth of their interest to what they would buy. I am pretty sure you know that.

So what I see right now from you is----3--5 years back you stated---you can't have a plane of your own so soon----to now---do you have any buyers for it---or did you get any buyers for it----did you get the answer----if not---I will make make it simpler.:pakistan:

Last edited:
Not going by the overly optimistic attitude that you seniors have about Thunder. Thunder has a Russian engine(which i believe Russian are not offering u, WS 13 - still under development )

please explain? The RD-93s are coming in; you tried and failed to get them blocked a few years back by citing technicalities in the deal. Deal prevailed.

WS-13 is undergoing trials. Developing an engine for an aircraft that will be flying tens of thousands of feet in the air and flown to its limits is not exactly an easy task. Give it time to reach fruition.

, radar (from Thales - lets see if u guys are able to get ) avionics (French at this point are not giving you owing , better not get into the reason. )

Based on reports I read, the Pakistani pilots are very much satisfied with the Chinese avionics. As for Thales radar, lets not get presumptuous. Let’s see what happens and what doesn’t happen. PAF already has alternatives lined up. They are not naive or stupid to rely solely on one platform.

Now Chinese developed a fighter plane for u without an engine ,or decent Radar or decent avionics package.

China and Pakistan jointly designed and tested the Thunder. Once again, if PAF is satisfied and that it met certain parameters, then I don’t think a superficial analysis by one ‘’uglyindian’’ will have any relevance or legitimacy ---albeit you are free to voice your views, regardless of how much it deviates from the truth or logic

Since IAF has sufficient funds for its modernization and unlike PAF and so there is no need for IAF to parade their LCA in front of prospective African clients.

Fair enough, so with these ‘’sufficient funds’’ –where is the sufficient end result? And if you claim that LCA will be a superior aircraft, then why aren’t any orders or inquiries coming in?

For the record, Azeri and Algerian air forces have confirmed orders in the medium-long run. Egypt has also ‘’hopped aboard’’ and is discussing acquisition and production rights, similar to K8 Karakorum arrangement.

And instead of doing all this IAF is putting its energies in giving LCA a better engine , radar.

Kaveri engine (getting assistance from CIAM of Russia) is not completed yet; nor is the radar or the aircraft itself. Let the first batch be released, then we can talk about it. According to indian source (Kaveri Engine Project update) it wont be spinning for another 5 years. You talk about French radars and other components when your LCA currently is using American engine from General electric!

and Farnborough Air Show is for the world to see; not just ''African clients''

Given the ridiculously tight schedule and short notice PAF was working with, I would say they did pretty darned well. Thunder got much attention and much acclaim (MashAllah). Press reports have spoken quite in favour of the aircraft, and you may browse through those articles on your own time.

So i guess ''parading'' them around paid off, and will pay off in the future as this relatively young platform continues to grow, blossom and mature.

Still the question remains how many Thunder sold at air show.

Your question was already answered. Learn to read properly. Yes?

Originally Posted by uglyindian View Post

yaar isse pochu che tejas ki boli kitne me lage ge lolzzz l tejaz.... old ghori lal ghalam :sick:

indian stall for tejas

le lo lo 2 rupie me le lo lolzzz

Are you sure that is "HOME" ?

I SERIOUSLY doubt it ..

Look at the videos very carefully.

Here are the reasons why

1. The cars we see in the videos are not standard KIA available in Pakistan. Neither the trim not the license plates etc.
2. KIA is not used as PAF vehicle anyway.
3. The land scape look a bit different .... too much sand really.
4. Thunders are stationed at Minhas Kamra; and that was not Kamra.

It kind of resembles another place that I know of ..... Jordan !

Freeze the first video as 0:13 & 0:16, if I am not wrong the license registration is in arabic.

Last edited:
This is UAE - Look at the number plate..

Actually you are right, it does look like UAE ... I wish the image was higher resolution ..

and incidentally Gen Kiyani is in the UAE too :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom