What's new

PAF suspends “Air Force Development Plan 2025,” says report

The next 5 years you, you living in Pakistan will suffer.
Me? I sit pretty in London. I wont have to go through it, you will.

Things would not have been any different even if IK was in power.
'Bubu' is too stubborn to bring change even our society doesn't want that happen.

Dur Fite moooo And @Jungibaaz adding your words lakh di lanat lol

Now Merii jan Tume zardari ne batya hai or kis ne ke he used all govrs money on pti ? if you got any proof then please enlighten us

cheetay dont bring politics into this this is not the end of the world for Paf, I hate all the political parties of pakistan If PTI is really Sincere they have GOV in kpk They can Ban Nato supplies from going through their province and Federal govt can not do nothing about it, BUt they wont do it as they are The same as Ghadari,lota and the rest of the Rikshaw Called Pakistani politics

Back to Topic

even with Limited funds PAF can Keep getting JF-17 and upgrading/maturing it and they can certianly Buy 28-40 j-10b to replace the mirage V(which i think are about 60 or so) with IRST and aesa and link it with ZDK awacs and Keep F-16 with the Saab awacs and keep developing/procuring Potent weapons like h-2 sow, mar-1,raad, sd-10 aim 120 etc

Last edited by a moderator:
In your opinion @Oscar, just how far back have the PAF's modernisation plans been pushed? 5 years? 10? Also what is this going to do to retirements of aged airframes? Is the PAF not in danger of walking into the same issues as the IAF with their Mig-21 "flying coffins"- when you have airframes who are well past their maximum projected life span.

Close to around 5 years in terms of modernization plans... and the way things are.. on its way to ten.
The mirages will be hardest hit first.. as they are the oldest airframes and also the ones the PAF has upgraded the most.

The F-7 series are literally a dime a dozen as such and can be gradually replaced by low rate production of the JF-17 and/or orders of F-7PG's.

@bigzgvr4 are you a member of the PAF?
no sir iam not WHy do you ask

Close to around 5 years in terms of modernization plans... and the way things are.. on its way to ten.
The mirages will be hardest hit first.. as they are the oldest airframes and also the ones the PAF has upgraded the most.

The F-7 series are literally a dime a dozen as such and can be gradually replaced by low rate production of the JF-17 and/or orders of F-7PG's.

F-7PG facilty ended with the last production of the planes going to Bangladesh

h

I was just wondering how you could say:

even with Limited funds PAF can Keep getting JF-17 and upgrading/maturing it and they can certianly Buy 28-40 j-10b to replace the mirage V(which i think are about 60 or so) with IRST and aesa and link it with ZDK awacs and Keep F-16 with the Saab awacs and keep developing/procuring Potent weapons like h-2 sow, mar-1,raad, sd-10 aim 120 etc

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...t-plan-2025-says-report-11.html#ixzz2UvSVWifH

With such certainty when it complety contradicts what the all-knowing @Oscar sir has said?

F-7PG facilty ended with the last production of the planes going to Bangladesh

With such certainty when it complety contradicts what the all-knowing @Oscar sir has said?

Far from all-knowing, just know from the people I know and meet.

Even if the PG facility shuts down, the PAF can continue to bring in JF-17's slowly.
At the moment though, it seems that the PAF will be whittled down to a force of around 180-200.

I was basing my opinion on the fact that after the sanctions and embargo Paf was able to GEt F-7 jets and UPgrade MIrages

Now PAF is in alot better Position as they Produce JF-17 themselves and they Can Certianly get j-10B after the engine Is matured in limited numbers like 32 or so Because the Hard part of spending money was already done with the purchace of awacs which costs way more then getting 32 J-10b so in next 5-7 years as people say Gawadar port will start producing money Hopefully and things will look a lot better, But like some one else was saying that 5th gen for now is definately out of question till around 2027-2030

So
f-16
jf-17
j-10B(hopefullY) will be enough and very potent Plus the logistical Issues wont be a problem as paf will only concentrate on 3 jets instead of f-7,mirages,jf-17,f-16

I am sure OScar knows more then me But i am Just giving my opinion as PAF is looking very advanced compared to a decade ago

and if they scrap Mirages rebuilding facilities They can turn that to a production facility for Jf-17 bring output up

At the moment though, it seems that the PAF will be whittled down to a force of around 180-200.
Wow- really? Ie not got the figures to hand but this seems far too small for the PAF- ~10 SQDs. Just a few years ago the news came that the PAF was closing the gap to the IAF and now it seems that without doing anything drastic the IAF will have a 3:1 advantage over the PAF (leaving asked by 2025-27 it will have 45-50 fighter SQDs)?

It's too late here now (3.17 am) so I'll look up the figures tommorow but surely this ~10 SQD (180-200 a/c) figure is far too low?

Anyway, as far as i care, a very good development. Hoping for PAF to 'stay the course'.

Even if the PG facility shuts down, the PAF can continue to bring in JF-17's slowly.

Just from a article which may have been released to get some more ' funds ' , you are all eager to paint a very gloomy picture for the PAF .

The F16's have finished their up gradation and the JFT's are coming , even if slowly due to the economic condition , whats with this hopelessness ? .

all knowing @Oscar sir has said?

What is this " all knowing " thing if I may ask ? :what:

You think news leaks that easily from the PAF through insiders somehow ?

Anyway, as far as i care, a very good development.

Actually , it isn't .

It will just cause the nuclear thresholds to go further down which wont be any good development by any means , the last resort options will come under consideration more often during times of hostilities if somehow the news is to be believed and the condition of PAF is really that bad .

What is this " all knowing " thing if I may ask ? :what:

You think news leaks that easily from the PAF through insiders somehow ?

Actually , it isn't .

It will just cause the nuclear thresholds to go further down which wont be good development by any means , the last resort options will come under consideration more often during times of hostilities if somehow the news is to be believed and the condition of PAF is really that bad .

:lol:

"Lowered nuclear threshold".

Its just really pathetic that many pakistanis tend to oversimplify things. Just like that water car fiasco.

:lol:

"Lowered nuclear threshold".

Its just really pathetic that many pakistanis tend to oversimplify things. Just like that water car fiasco.

Yeah . " Lowered nuclear thresholds " than before . Hard to comprehend ? A very good development would you say now ? :D

It is really that simple , if we are vulnerable anywhere , we sure as hell are going to compensate it one way or another .

Yeah . " Lowered nuclear thresholds " . Hard to comprehend ?

It is really that simple , if we are vulnerable anywhere , we sure as hell are going to compensate it one way or another .

"hard to comprehend" ? Oh yes massa !

Back
Top Bottom