What's new

PAF to induct 188 JF-17 aircrafts including 26 JF-17B & 50 JF-17 Blk3

188 JFTs are not enough to replace all of our mirage and F-7s. i am sure PAF will go for more JFTs as we wot get any new FGFA any time soon and induction of more JFTs will be our only option.
Ofcourse it can be increased...

188 JFTs are not enough to replace all of our mirage and F-7s. i am sure PAF will go for more JFTs as we wot get any new FGFA any time soon and induction of more JFTs will be our only option.
Mirages are not going anywhere in next decade... U will see them more lethal in future

Very smart and innovative move. JFT has a lower life span and the engines need overhauling very 800 hours (learned that from @airomerix ). LIFT would allow PAF to save the life of her JFTs and F-16s. Modern LIFTs can emulate other fighters, allowing pilots to use them for a good portion of their flight time schedule.

Why do I feel that I know to whom you are referring to
You may know because it was a discussion on the forum and not very long time ago... basically it was aimed at why PAF chief does not fly a JF17 and the reason given is that, it has to be a dual seater so F16B and D are used - the only dual seaters. And when I mentioned that it will change once we induct JF17B's so the "insider" all knowing person claimed PAF is not buying any, because it is not needed... which I found totally it unbelievable. I hope he updates himself. I'll still not name him.

Last edited:
Wow good news especially the 26 JF17B's

and I remembers one so called "insider" (won't mention his name) was suggesting PAF won't get any JF17Bs since we don't need dual seaters.
The B’s have come about with the recent ASR review. The simulators were sufficient but they required conversion to be centered around the base and added more time to the process -
Moreover, until now most Jf pilots come from other squadrons after a stint since we did not have them in numbers.

After evaluating the B it made sense to add it into the line since we will have fresh hands hitting the JF which could be rolled into the type faster with a B rather than just a simulator.

For 150 JF-17s, it could still be done through a simulator but it would take a higher number of hours. The same way it is done for the F-35.
However, having a B model gives additional flexibility especially when students may roll into the Block-3 since as mentioned by many here; the JF-17B is essentially the block 3.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom