What's new

PAF to induct 188 JF-17 aircrafts including 26 JF-17B & 50 JF-17 Blk3

Hi,

First of all---I don't drink beer or any liquor---so shame on you for suggesting that---and that also in the month of Ramazan---.

It would have been better if you had learnt something---rather than posting an ignorant post and then strutting around acting silly to cover your embarrassment---.

You won't get nothing addressing me that way---but you might learn something here which you did not know before---.
In all the years on this planet what have you learnt.
You came to Pakistan long ago and bitched about it. You sit in a foreign land and point fingers at us. What gives you the right to teach us. Who the hell are you. You have written so many anti PAF articles and anti Pakistan articles that you are an honorary Indian. What have you learnt in life other than point fingers at others. If you think u are so smart come and live in Pakistan and let's see you put your mouth in action. Sitting in an armchair in America does t give you the right to dictate to us. When Feb 26 and 27 happened I was here. We had jf17 flying all over our homes and war was real for us. You on the other hand had a cold can in your hand didnt you.
Now you are talking of Ramadan. Oh how the mighty fall in line of religion when it suits them.
I neither requested nor value your advice and I will not accept it from any anti Pakistan element and you are that. So please go waste someone else's time

OK people.
Now in the last adress to airmen by the last Air chief he said PAF wants a fleet of 350 to 375 aircrafts. Assuming 185 JFTs and 75(roughly) 16s give us 260 platforms. So we are short by 90.Iam assuming PGs will go by 2022 if not sooner, but how long can the M3/5s last? Certainly not longer than 2025.
The option would therefore be:
A. Extra 16s if we can get them.
B. An interim Delta platform to replace the M3/5 Roles.
C. A twin seater to extend PAF air power over the Sea and provide cover to platforms plus for their longer loitering time.
D. Extend number of JFTs.
The priorities can be changed on account of availability and finances and requirements but this is what should be debated further.
The finances are even with the best of intentions not going to imrove in the next 3-5years. Tuere are multifaceted problems and the system revamp that is needed is beyond the present lot odf people at the helm of affairs. Assuming that the economy stabilizes in 2022/-25(a big IF IMHO), what options are open to us around 2022?
Another pivot in this conundrum is the J31. Where is it going to be around that time? Chosen or dumped? If chosen by PLAAN then the best platform to go for would be J31 60 in numbers. So we have it established in service by 2027. If not then we may revert to the 4 options above. This is how I perceive it. Azm is for post 2030 so I have not included it in my assesment. I suspect PAF will opt for 30 additional JFTS but again it all depends on how varrious things progress.
A

I think there is still chance for ex-Egyptian Mirages to come .. that will fulfill the fix delta wing jet problem, and they can replace the Mirage III/V on immediate basis .

Guys why are we behaving like PAF are run by 10 year olds. They know what is better and what should be our first piriorty. We should just state our guesses about their future actions instead of telling them what to do...

OK people.
Now in the last adress to airmen by the last Air chief he said PAF wants a fleet of 350 to 375 aircrafts. Assuming 185 JFTs and 75(roughly) 16s give us 260 platforms. So we are short by 90.Iam assuming PGs will go by 2022 if not sooner, but how long can the M3/5s last? Certainly not longer than 2025.
C. A twin seater to extend PAF air power over the Sea and provide cover to platforms plus for their longer loitering time.
The priorities can be changed on account of availability and finances and requirements but this is what should be debated further.
The finances are even with the best of intentions not going to imrove in the next 3-5years. Tuere are multifaceted problems and the system revamp that is needed is beyond the present lot odf people at the helm of affairs. Assuming that the economy stabilizes in 2022/-25(a big IF IMHO), what options are open to us around 2022?
Another pivot in this conundrum is the J31. Where is it going to be around that time? Chosen or dumped? If chosen by PLAAN then the best platform to go for would be J31 60 in numbers. So we have it established in service by 2027. If not then we may revert to the 4 options above. This is how I perceive it. Azm is for post 2030 so I have not included it in my assesment. I suspect PAF will opt for 30 additional JFTS but again it all depends on how varrious things progress.
A
Increase the number of Block 3s. and also replace Block 1s with Block 3s. PAF should try to get its hands on mirage 2000s if possible to fill the gap.

JFT aside, what LEFT PAF might be evaluating?

1 - M346 FA - i prefer this version over any other M346 versions
2 - L-15P - a customized version will seriously rock
3 - Golden eagale - not a preferred option due to uncle sams strings
4 - Yak -131 - the best compromise
5 - FTC-2000G - a heavily modernized version of JJ-7, but old in basic design not for the future

i would say the competition is between #1 and #2 followed by #4. if i can read PAF mind set they will go for #1. but politics might dictate #4 to try getting into russian camp

either case these need to have an AESA radar and BVR capable. must be bought in numbers like 36. should be build in PAC to cut cost. if that is the assumption, i believe all three options should be customized (#1, #2 , #4). i am not sure how much Russia will allow to customize for PAF, but italy and china should have no issue. Italian customization to fit PAF needs will be bit costly.

My vote will be for #1 customized for PAF.

JFT aside, what LEFT PAF might be evaluating?

1 - M346 FA - i prefer this version over any other M346 versions
2 - L-15P - a customized version will seriously rock
3 - Golden eagale - not a preferred option due to uncle sams strings
4 - Yak -131 - the best compromise
5 - FTC-2000G - a heavily modernized version of JJ-7, but old in basic design not for the future

i would say the competition is between #1 and #2 followed by #4. if i can read PAF mind set they will go for #1. but politics might dictate #4 to try getting into russian camp

either case these need to have an AESA radar and BVR capable. must be bought in numbers like 36. should be build in PAC to cut cost. if that is the assumption, i believe all three options should be customized (#1, #2 , #4). i am not sure how much Russia will allow to customize for PAF, but italy and china should have no issue. Italian customization to fit PAF needs will be bit costly.

My vote will be for #1 customized for PAF.

What would be really cool is if they place a big order with ToT clause complete with local engine manufacture. Having production of a local afterburner engine can be the first step towards more powerful indigenous engines.

OK people.
A

i believe

1 - additional 76 JFT's will take 5 years to deliver. that is 4 squadrons
2 - 5 years mean 2023.
3 - till then all F-7 PG's are gone
4 - PAF will still soldier on rose 3 mirage plus one new squadron from egypt. total of 3 squadron
5 - 4 f-16 squadrons will continue to operate
6 - one over strength CCS squadron will continue
7 - the gap of 2 squadrons will be filled in by LIFT
8 - after 2023 PAF will move into JF-31/JF-35 etc. and will produce another 10 squadrons to repalce mirage/ f-16 and JFT losses.
9 - post 2030 project azm will start giving its design to replace JFT 20 years from now

What would be really cool is if they place a big order with ToT clause complete with local engine manufacture. Having production of a local afterburner engine can be the first step towards more powerful indigenous engines.

that will be awesome, al-222-25F could be a start

i believe

2 - 5 years mean 2023.
4 - PAF will still soldier on rose 3 mirage plus one new squadron from egypt. total of 3 squadron
8 - after 2023 PAF will move into JF-31/JF-35 etc. and will produce another 10 squadrons to repalce mirage/ f-16 and JFT losses.
9 - post 2030 project azm will start giving its design to replace JFT 20 years from now

Keep in mind that a pure LIFT platform can only be used in a light strike role using bomblets and point defence.

Increase the number of Block 3s. and also replace Block 1s with Block 3s. PAF should try to get its hands on mirage 2000s if possible to fill the gap.

Yes MK2...delta wing...never disappoints...but France is not in a mood..can never jeopardize their ongoing bigger deal with India.

Last edited:
Exactly. Right back at you. Stop trying to teach people elementary stuff.

You did not know elementary stuff---
i believe

2 - 5 years mean 2023.

Hi,

76 JFT's can be delivered in a couple of years---. Production can be ramped up in china.

You did not know elementary stuff---

Hi,

76 JFT's can be delivered in a couple of years---. Production can be ramped up in china.
You got that from the fact I said jf17 won the day and you taught me that it was part of a package. What a knob you are and I am upgrading you.
And additionally, you are no teacher. Mind your own business.
Let me give you a lesson.
Those that can do....do
Those that cant preach

Jog on

You got that from the fact I said jf17 won the day and you taught me that it was part of a package. What a knob you are and I am upgrading you.
And additionally, you are no teacher. Mind your own business.
Let me give you a lesson.
Those that can do....do
Those that cant preach

Jog on

Modern aerial combat requires extensive supporting infrastructure and assets before a fighter jet can even take off. Every jet has strengths and weaknesses, which is why you have hi-lo pairing for example. Even some of the most advanced jets such as F-35 envisage older gen jets making up the tip of the spear.

For Thunder to be truly effective and shine, you need at least an AEWACS.

Back
Top Bottom