What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

PAFs strong punch consists of

45 1990 supplied F16 block15
6 F16/52
14 Thunders (is sd10 supplied yet)
175 F7PG (chinease mig21)
175 mirage 3/5 (1970s)

**** There is nothing there that will scare 6 sqds of SU30MKI about 130 PLANES WITH pesa radar R27/R77 x 12 missles each data linking irst and TVC as standard.

INFACT i doubt the 69 mig29 or 51 mirage2000 pilots will too bothered either

(the single best weapon in the PAF air force are the 2 x AWACS ) PLANES they acquired... recently

When you compare PAF to your imediate neighbours its both poorly equipped and poorly funded...

If you compare future plans they are a Fraction of Wat China India even Saudi have planned. AGAIN its the funding issue

How many time shave I told you this??? :hitwall: :disagree:

PAFs strong punch consists of

45 1990 supplied F16 block15
6 F16/52
14 Thunders (is sd10 supplied yet)
175 F7PG (chinease mig21)
175 mirage 3/5 (1970s)

**** There is nothing there that will scare 6 sqds of SU30MKI about 130 PLANES WITH pesa radar R27/R77 x 12 missles each data linking irst and TVC as standard.

INFACT i doubt the 69 mig29 or 51 mirage2000 pilots will too bothered either

(the single best weapon in the PAF air force are the 2 x AWACS ) PLANES they acquired... recently

When you compare PAF to your imediate neighbours its both poorly equipped and poorly funded...

If you compare future plans they are a Fraction of Wat China India even Saudi have planned. AGAIN its the funding issue

Plz before I begin this useless rant... get a pen and notepad..write this down lest you forget it again

Yes our inventory is not much right now, Yes we were weak.. but we are changing rapidly...

by 2015 you'll see

36 J-10B/FC-20
45 F-16 upgraded to blk 52 standard (minus CFTs)
35 new built F-16 blk 52s
+ 50 JF-17 thunder block I
+ X number of JF-17 block IIs

^^ALL OF THESE PLANES ARMED WITH BVRs
Plz understand we will be closing the gap soon enough :tup:

edit:
  • those Chinese mig-21s are comparable to your Bisons :D
  • and those 70s Mirages are superior to your Bisons
  • Yes the su-30mki has PESA but the f-16 has good MSA on board which should have no problem finding the flankers.
  • Also just so you know, our f-16s have JHMCS which IMHO outclasses TVC.

Last edited:
Firing wont do the job, they will have to enter the Pakistan Airspace which is it self a risk. PAF will certainly not go for deep strikes but rather paralyzing the close boarder FoBs of IAF which will ensure IAF to bet their premier assets in Pakistan Airspace where PAF can play by its rules.

Couple of flaws above...let me highlight them

- When i say they will fire in anger i mean majority will see the light of conflict
- No doubt these MKI's and other fighters will have to enter Pak Air-Space and there is going to be risk, but then that is always going to be true...SAMS are and will always be a threat until we enter the era of Stealth Aircrafts which is a good decade away....Hopefully by then new powerful radars will come into picture but all this is subjective as of now...
- When an enemy attacks he forces you to change your strategy because he attacks at the time of his choosing and place of his choice..no??? In short he sets the rules of engagement. Anyways PAF will definitely enjoy the home advantage and there should be no doubt about it....
- Please read my post 270...I know PAF follow defensive doctorine but you got to attack on the other side of the border......In other words your fighters will have to enter our Air-space as well where they not only have to face the music of SAM'S but better fighter planes(atleast on paper).....
- Remember we have numerical superiority and enough has been discussed on the endurance of MKI's....There is high probablity Offensive sorties in Pak would be too many for Pak to have answer for...

Mind it i am not a fanboy who just type to win internet war.....I have utmost respect for PAF and have heard many stories about how competent this organization is however in today's high tech warfare one has to have best of the best to increase the chances of coming up with a surprise....I can clearly see that a lot has been done by Paf in last 5-6 years to plunge the gap viz-a-viz IAF and they have succeeded to some extent but it is still an uphill task....I am not sure but think that WOT and floods is going to take its toll.....

Plz before I begin this useless rant... get a pen and notepad..write this down lest you forget it again

Yes our inventory is not much right now, Yes we were weak.. but we are changing rapidly...

by 2015 you'll see

36 J-10B/FC-20
45 F-16 upgraded to blk 52 standard (minus CFTs)
35 new built F-16 blk 52s
+ 50 JF-17 thunder block I
+ X number of JF-17 block IIs

^^ALL OF THESE PLANES ARMED WITH BVRs
Plz understand we will be closing the gap soon enough :tup:

edit:
  • those Chinese mig-21s are comparable to your Bisons :D
  • and those 70s Mirages are superior to your Bisons
  • Yes the su-30mki has PESA but the f-16 has good MSA on board which should have no problem finding the flankers.
  • Also just so you know, our f-16s have JHMCS which IMHO outclasses TVC.

If in 2015 IAF have,

* 250+ Su-30 MKI(42 will carry Bhromos)(XX+ will get AESA in MLU starts 2012)
* 40+ MRCA with AESA
* 69 MiG-29 SMT
* 50+ Mirage 2000-5 with MLU finished
* 40 LCA Blk 1
* 35+ LCA Blk 2 with AESA

This will too much for ur airforce..

* Finding is no problem but to fire a weapon @ the KILL RANGE of the missile is problem...:rofl:
* PAF Mirage & F-7 have a BVR platform???:what: But IAF MiG-21 Bison have BVR. It carries 2.:rofl:
* JHMCS can out class TCV, for that you must pull the Su-30 MKI for WVR Fight. (With 6 to 10 BVR:azn:)

As per IAF Chief currently IAF hav 50 % obstacle, in 2015 it reduced to 20 %. So your head ace is still there...:devil:

If in 2015 IAF have,

* 250+ Su-30 MKI(42 will carry Bhromos)(XX+ will get AESA in MLU starts 2012)
* 40+ MRCA with AESA
* 69 MiG-29 SMT
* 50+ Mirage 2000-5 with MLU finished
* 40 LCA Blk 1
* 35+ LCA Blk 2 with AESA

This will too much for ur airforce..

* Finding is no problem but to fire a weapon @ the KILL RANGE of the missile is problem...:rofl:
* PAF Mirage & F-7 have a BVR platform???:what: But IAF MiG-21 Bison have BVR. It carries 2.:rofl:
* JHMCS can out class TCV, for that you must pull the Su-30 MKI for WVR Fight. (With 6 to 10 BVR:azn:)

As per IAF Chief currently IAF hav 50 % obstacle, in 2015 it reduced to 20 %. So your head ace is still there...:devil:

aaaahhhh, Indians and their big inflated egos.

The super duper IAF in 2015 and the poor PAF of 2015.

Trichy...;)you forgot the order of 45 or so more mig-29s..

Moderators please anyone who is listing this many against this many be suspended. Last couple of pages have become mukeeaye thread.

Why no one answer me....WHY WHY WHY.....i am hearing about MRCA since i joined back in 2008, The MRCA thread first post is in 2005....when will they select MRCA???? I feel like in 2015 we'll be seeing post in 2020 we'll have 35+ MRCAss....

Why no one answer me....WHY WHY WHY.....i am hearing about MRCA since i joined back in 2008, The MRCA thread first post is in 2005....when will they select MRCA???? I feel like in 2015 we'll be seeing post in 2020 we'll have 35+ MRCAss....

Because those MRCA will not purchased on the money sourced from donations and Foriegn aid, rather India's defence Ministry finding it very hard to determine the source of such a huge funding under the light of excessive Import as compared to our export and huge fiscal Deficit.

If you make just rethink about your previous post you would realize how lame your post was. Even in the worst conditions IAF might not take the risk of bringing all of it's su30mki to the western side. And you are here comparing the future whole fleet of su30 with anticipated fleet of F-16. And you are bringing in MRCA while you haven't signed a deal yet. Like come on yaar. You can't compare the strength by just quoting numbers and giving the final decision.

You would have to consider the airspace, doctrine, AWACS, Radars, Missiles in the arsenal to give a final decision about someone's strength. And if you have read the threads on this forum, you might a realize that even right now PAF has the strength to give a strong punch to it's adversary. With the present programs that PAF is undergoing for it's modernization, it would be a small but a lethal force to reckon with.

Oh yes, when it comes to IAF, you will preach that how it is so operating in inflexibility as it need to look after "airspace, doctrine, AWACS, Radars, Missiles in the arsenal", but you haven't created any conditions to the PAF which is much more backward in this regard and need no introduction. Then only you manage to pull out and endorse Strong Punch in favour of PAF despite the fact that it cannot operate its elite F-16 fleet because of US obligation.

Common Yaar, instead of terming others comments lame, you should not comes in harms way and make following the same path.

there has not been any adjustments in J-10 delivery.The initial batch remains at 36 and eventual requirement upto 150. I ll be glad if you provide me with the source of your information about the adjustments. And yes obviously the FC-20s will come tom, thats why PAF has gone ahead with F-16s as stop gap. at the moment F-16 are entrusted with both AS and Strike role. but when FC-20 will arrive, the roles will be allocated for operational optimization. hope to hear from you soon:coffee:

Last time I heard that delivery of J-10 is postponed to 2014 because of PAF's dislike of current configuration.

And if FC-20 is about to join tommorrow then there is no reason for any stop gap measures, let alone any hope of operational optimization.

Hey you people its not indian mrca thread please stop this!!

Last time I heard that delivery of J-10 is postponed to 2014 because of PAF's dislike of current configuration.

And if FC-20 is about to join tommorrow then there is no reason for any stop gap measures, let alone any hope of operational optimization.

It has been discussed over and over so as to why PAF did not select J-10A model
1) Its limited Ground Strike Capability
2) JFT 1 is almost at the same tech level as J-10A (F-16 block 40)

and tom means the future i.e. circa 2015 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom