What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

It has been discussed over and over so as to why PAF did not select J-10A model
1) Its limited Ground Strike Capability
2) JFT 1 is almost at the same tech level as J-10A (F-16 block 40)

and tom means the future i.e. circa 2015 :lol:

Please leave aside F-16 Block 40 as it is beyond the league of Chinese toys. If J-10 had limited ground strike capability then how does numbers very decided at 36, at the same time 150 for eventual purchase?

Because those MRCA will not purchased on the money sourced from donations and Foriegn aid, rather India's defence Ministry finding it very hard to determine the source of such a huge funding under the light of excessive Import as compared to our export and huge fiscal Deficit.
I have to add one more point to your post:).

It will take time to choose one aircraft from 6 equal contestants but if you have only one choice,it will be much more easier.right?:whistle:

I have to add one more point to your post:).

It will take time to choose one aircraft from 6 equal contestants but if you have only one choice,it will be much more easier.right?:whistle:

It depends, since if we somehow manage to chose F-16IN and F/A-18SH, then most probably we will receive the same on schedule. Since US should be really appreciated the way they have fast track the delivery of C-130SH and P-8I and they are on schedule as far as their production is concerned.

@avain and 1000AV
Everyone rant on aid and stuff but don't answer the question asked....

Really how hard is it for you to answer without going offtopic....

Anyway leave it as nothing good expected from you INDIANS. Its your mindset to troll on Pakistani forum.

To be fair the MMRCA story has gone on for too long.

The indians do work at a sNAILS PACE...

But i think the Contract is nearing conclusion with order to be placed in July 2011..

Once the order is taken you only have to look at the SU30MKI success story to see how quicly the fleet builds up.

130 MKI in service in 5 years half built in HAL in india.

272 WILL BE FINISHED BY 2015-2016 max " thats a huge number for a very large complex plane...

126 MMRCA in comparison will be easy..

In terms of western weapons India already field over 200 Jaguars Mirage2000 & HAWK trainers.

Please leave aside F-16 Block 40 as it is beyond the league of Chinese toys. If J-10 had limited ground strike capability then how does numbers very decided at 36, at the same time 150 for eventual purchase?

I am talking about technological level. In fact, looking from the information available,PAF has benchmarked Griffon standard for JFT rather than Falcon. For example, the current JFT is comparable to 2000 models of Griffon C/D fighters. JFT II is aimed at matching the current Tech level of Griffon C/Ds while JFT UB is aimed at Griffon NG level. But then again, these are just benchmarks, if JFT is aiming at Griffon NG, then its not necessary that JFT UB will be identical to Griffon NG. Secondly, Please keep in mind that FC-20 is likely to be a derivative of F-10B which has improved ground attack capability

To be fair the MMRCA story has gone on for too long.

The indians do work at a sNAILS PACE...

But i think the Contract is nearing conclusion with order to be placed in July 2011..

Once the order is taken you only have to look at the SU30MKI success story to see how quicly the fleet builds up.

130 MKI in service in 5 years half built in HAL in india.

272 WILL BE FINISHED BY 2015-2016 max " thats a huge number for a very large complex plane...

126 MMRCA in comparison will be easy..

In terms of western weapons India already field over 200 Jaguars Mirage2000 & HAWK trainers.
Thanks ...

I am talking about technological level. In fact, looking from the information available,PAF has benchmarked Griffon standard for JFT rather than Falcon. For example, the current JFT is comparable to 2000 models of Griffon C/D fighters. JFT II is aimed at matching the current Tech level of Griffon C/Ds while JFT UB is aimed at Griffon NG level. But then again, these are just benchmarks, if JFT is aiming at Griffon NG, then its not necessary that JFT UB will be identical to Griffon NG. Secondly, Please keep in mind that FC-20 is likely to be a derivative of F-10B which has improved ground attack capability

Griffon??? do you mean Gripen??? because I don't think I've ever heard of Griffon.

Because those MRCA will not purchased on the money sourced from donations and Foriegn aid, rather India's defence Ministry finding it very hard to determine the source of such a huge funding under the light of excessive Import as compared to our export and huge fiscal Deficit.

Looks like we have another bharti talking out of their *** with no idea what they're talking about.

Oh yes, when it comes to IAF, you will preach that how it is so operating in inflexibility as it need to look after "airspace, doctrine, AWACS, Radars, Missiles in the arsenal", but you haven't created any conditions to the PAF which is much more backward in this regard and need no introduction. Then only you manage to pull out and endorse Strong Punch in favour of PAF despite the fact that it cannot operate its elite F-16 fleet because of US obligation.

Common Yaar, instead of terming others comments lame, you should not comes in harms way and make following the same path.

After reading the bold part I don't have much to debate with you. It is better for you to read the running threads about F-16, J-10b and JFT. We can have some discussion than.

Thanks. :disagree: :)

After reading the bold part I don't have much to debate with you. It is better for you to read the running threads about F-16, J-10b and JFT. We can have some discussion than.

Thanks. :disagree: :)

How did I miss this gem? :rofl: There are plenty of bhartis who have deluded themselves into believing certain things based on false, inaccurate, or incomplete reports.

Couple of flaws above...let me highlight them

- When i say they will fire in anger i mean majority will see the light of conflict
- No doubt these MKI's and other fighters will have to enter Pak Air-Space and there is going to be risk, but then that is always going to be true...SAMS are and will always be a threat until we enter the era of Stealth Aircrafts which is a good decade away....Hopefully by then new powerful radars will come into picture but all this is subjective as of now...
- When an enemy attacks he forces you to change your strategy because he attacks at the time of his choosing and place of his choice..no??? In short he sets the rules of engagement. Anyways PAF will definitely enjoy the home advantage and there should be no doubt about it....
- Please read my post 270...I know PAF follow defensive doctorine but you got to attack on the other side of the border......In other words your fighters will have to enter our Air-space as well where they not only have to face the music of SAM'S but better fighter planes(atleast on paper).....
- Remember we have numerical superiority and enough has been discussed on the endurance of MKI's....There is high probablity Offensive sorties in Pak would be too many for Pak to have answer for...

Mind it i am not a fanboy who just type to win internet war.....I have utmost respect for PAF and have heard many stories about how competent this organization is however in today's high tech warfare one has to have best of the best to increase the chances of coming up with a surprise....I can clearly see that a lot has been done by Paf in last 5-6 years to plunge the gap viz-a-viz IAF and they have succeeded to some extent but it is still an uphill task....I am not sure but think that WOT and floods is going to take its toll.....
Thanks for your balanced views. i think it is good to see indians taking in logically. Yes you are right about PAF. There is a gap but PAF is trying to bridge the gap. Unfortunately our reliance on only USA for defence was not a wise decision ,however we learned a lesson from the sanctions imposed on us in 1990s , we were denied of F16s for which we had already paid for .Consequently there was a gap, but these sanctions from USA came up with an oppertunity for self reliance and procurement from different sources . This gave birth to JF17 , now PAF is working on JF17 block 2 , now chineese technology has also advanced enough,now things are in the right place with J10s, JF17s , F16 BLOCK 50 etc.
Regards.:wave:

How did I miss this gem? :rofl: There are plenty of bhartis who have deluded themselves into believing certain things based on false, inaccurate, or incomplete reports.

Their are some other delusions which are very famous among Bharatis like...

It is because Russia's relations with India that Russia is trying to create hurdles in the supply of RD-93 engines and because of this PAF's plans for JFT are shattered.

Another famous delusion is that because of Bharats influence France has canelled the avionics deal with PAF and this deal is completely dead.

One another famous delusion is that every AC that IAF has is is invincible and SU30 is better than all the AC's of the world except F-22 raptor.

Well what can we say? Delusions!!!
:lol:

Their are some other delusions which are very famous among Bharatis like...

It is because Russia's relations with India that Russia is trying to create hurdles in the supply of RD-93 engines and because of this PAF's plans for JFT are shattered.

Another famous delusion is that because of Bharats influence France has canelled the avionics deal with PAF and this deal is completely dead.

One another famous delusion is that every AC that IAF has is is invincible and SU30 is better than all the AC's of the world except F-22 raptor.

Well what can we say? Delusions!!!
:lol:

Honest question.. What is the status of the french deal? Too much of contradictory statements too and fro on this..

Back
Top Bottom