What's new

PAK-FA takes to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't you read what i wrote before it :hitwall: :hitwall:

first of all stop using this 'roman hindi'
secondly i was just negating the point which said that PAK-FA has RCS of 0.5 m^2, even EF & Rafale has a better RCS
don't know why are you on Fire
& i never dreamed of Raptor in PAF
what ever PAK-FA is, it no doubt a big problem for us
try to link the posts

RCS of Rafale is 0.75 m^2

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dheb/2300/Articles/PG/PGSA.htm

apart from speculations ,nobody knows what the correct rcs of pakfa is,. certainly its not 0.5 it is lower than that, but it isnt upto f22 level either , whose real rcs figures are also speculated. . such things are always kept secret

Last edited:
Nice comback...for someone that just got owned. Nothing else to add about the F-22/F-15 intakes? I think my work here is done.When pined to the wall change the subject ^^^ as for your comment about F-15 being more stealth then the Pakfa, that just proves you're a troll.
I had my doughs but now i am fully convinced that i am talking to a donkey brain human. Can you even comprehend that i was comparing F-22 intake with T-50 and F-15 with Su-27?! are you seriously that dumb?
You dont own someone by saying i owned you! You at least try to win the argument.

The Engine development is taking place and the final shape of the engine outlets are still to be finalized, in that sense it is too early to predict the IR signatures :cheers:

Stop kidding yourself that this and that is not finished! The engine nozzle on production variant PAK-FA is finished and here is the video of it. their are absolutely no plans on modifying anything on the engine as it will take time if their are other things to modify as well and both air force cant afford if they want to meet the dead line.

Last edited by a moderator:
first of all stop using this 'roman hindi'
secondly i was just negating the point which said that PAK-FA has RCS of 0.5 m^2, even EF & Rafale has a better RCS
don't know why are you on Fire
& i never dreamed of Raptor in PAF :rolleyes:
what ever PAK-FA is, it no doubt a big problem for us
try to link the posts

Emo ji please dont take me seriously. Am just like you all are. A 'forum warrior' lol. Emo ji am bit new in the 'RCS' section. Is RCS 0.75 lower or RCS 0.5 is lower? Am bit confused. Will it go this way 0.75, 0.70, 0.65 etc etc to 0.5 and then 0.0 (imposible) -0.5 lol or it should be this way that RCS 0.75 is lower then 0.5? My brain going round and round as if i done a death role or cobra menue in sukhoi-30MKI ji. Please do explain. PAK-FA stealth jetfighter who has 20 tyms less RCS then that of sukhoi-30MKI. If rafale (fat beast) has Less RCS compared to PAK-FA then Typhoon (slim shape beast) must be stealth 5th gen jet fighter lol. Thank you.

Stop kidding yourself that this and that is not finished! The engine nozzle on production variant PAK-FA is finished and here is the video of it. their are absolutely no plans on modifying anything on the engine as it will take time if their are other things to modify as well and both air force cant afford if they want to meet the dead line.
YouTube - First 5th generation multiaxis nozzle

Being the member of Sukhoi and a design expert in Lockheed, you must be knowing a lot about PAKFA.

With your great wisdom, will you enlighten us how much is the impact on rcs by yet to integrated engine? Also how much infrared signature will they give? Considering we haven't even seen them flying so you could say more.
We will also be grateful to you if you provide us with links saying no further modification on engine part will be done.

Say whatever you want, but Pakistani claims of destroying entire Indian MiG-21 fleet was proved false when Wing Commander Wollen led an entire squadron of IAF MiG-21 flypast two days after the Pathankot raids.

The entire world knows about it. Too bad that the Pakistanis still continue to believe the 1965 war-time propaganda.

Anyways, continue living in 1965. No wonder, you guys are ahead of us in so many aspects. :lol:

Dont post blindly :disagree:

4 September 1965 IAF MiG-21F-13 shoots downs PAF F-86E

4 December 1971 IAF MiG-21FL "C1111" FltLt Manbir Singh shoots downs PAF Sabre F.6

6 December 1971 IAF MiG-21FL FltLt Samar Bikram Shah shoots downs PAF F-6

6 December 1971 IAF MiG-21FL shoots PAF CC-130

12 December 1971 IAF MiG-21FL "C750" FltLt Bharat Bhushan Soni shoots PAF F-104A

12 December 1971 IAF MiG-21FL FltLt Niraj Kukreja shoots PAF F-104A

12 December 1971 IAF MiG-21FL SqnLdr Iqbal Singh Bindra shoots PAF F-104A

16 December 1971 IAF MiG-21FL FltLt Samar Bikram Shah shoots PAF F-6

17 December 1971 IAF MiG-21FL A. K. Datta shoots PAF F-104A

17 December 1971 IAF MiG-21FL Samar Bikram Shah shoots PAF F-104A (damaged)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-21#Indo-Pakistan_1971_war

Talking about propaganda this kid decides to take cover in worlds largest propaganda website the wikipeeedia and thinks he has got the facts. Do watch the videos and the British reporter is asking those saber pilots "the IAF has claimed to have shot you guys down before" and the pilots laughed and made fun of indians that they are pathological liars who will do anything just to satisfy their dirty indian ego with false claims.
tell you what... show me a single picture of IAF Mig-21 FL13 after pathok attack. and kid... i am only talking about 65 war not 71 where a 3rd generation fighter faced 2nd generation sabers and F-6s. :lol:

Defunct Humanity: PAK FA first flight

excerpt-

"The nozzles was designed round, as expected, which provoked speculations about problem in IR and radar stealthness from rear hemisphere. However, the program chief has explained early, that IR and radar observability reduction was achieved not worse than on American 5th gen. fighters, but in different way. The 1st prototype has no TVSs but it's certainly formulated as a part of the program and already developed by 'Klim

Being the member of Sukhoi and a design expert in Lockheed, you must be knowing a lot about PAKFA.

With your great wisdom, will you enlighten us how much is the impact on rcs by yet to integrated engine? Also how much infrared signature will they give? Considering we haven't even seen them flying so you could say more.
We will also be grateful to you if you provide us with links saying no further modification on engine part will be done.

here is your answer.

The way the exhausts are designed, rear aspect IR and RCS signatures will doubled or even tripled from front. Not good. Dead meat for the Raptor.

Exhaust nozzle convergent coupled with throttle setting control thrust. Everything on a body create its own RCS signature and contribute to the overall RCS value of the body. The convergent-divergent mechanisms of an afterburning turbojet engine are no exceptions, if anything, they are the major RCS creators of the rear aspect.

6b573e94913f8c303919ef1a87269732.jpg

Take a look at 'iris' style exhaust convergent-divergent nozzle above. It is called 'iris' because the mechanisms works the same way the human eye controls its pupil opening. Look at all the 'feathers' and the gaps between them. Those are corner reflectors and I have explained plenty enough here on how dangerous corner reflectors are to designs intending to be radar LO.

b3398c0c26bf1864836c17abcd48f45d.jpg

Now look at the F-22 exhaust convergent-divergent mechanisms above. They are simpler in designs and because there are less mechanical 'doodads' such as actuators and 'feathers' the F-22 exhausts are far less RCS contributors than exhausts with the 'iris' convergent-divergent exhausts.

The downside to the F-22's exhaust mechanisms is that it restrict thrust vectoring to 2D, whereas with the 'iris' style, the exhaust TV can be 3D, provided there are sufficient clearance between nozzles, which lead us to the controversial subject of design philosophy, specifically engine placements. Wide area engine placements have advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I have never been a proponent of wide area engine placements. The argument here is that for any reason, from bird ingestion to battle damage to 'Acts of God', in the event of a catastrophic engine failure that result in an engine explosion, the other engine would be somewhat protected. Given the fact that the airframe area between the engines are not empty but contain fuel, wirings and assorted mechanical items, an exploding engine will create enough collateral damage to render the aircraft unflyable anyway.

In the event of a non-exploding engine failure, widely spaced engines will create asymmetric thrust that can send the aircraft into a flat spin, which can be nonrecoverable. The combination here is speed, altitude, attitude and how far apart are the engines that the resulting asymmetric thrust will send the aircraft into a flat spin. An extreme example of asymmetric thrust is the C-17A Engine-Out Compensation System (EOCS) software upgrade to the aircraft's FLCS during take-offs and landings. For EOCS, the critical engine is the most outboard one on each wing if its companion outboard engine on the other wing fail. The software upgrade, upon sensing engine failure, would command a rudder deflection to compensate for the inevitable yaw (lateral) movement by the aircraft.

AOPA Online: AOPA Pilot's "An Invitation to Fly" - Beyond the Private

Fighter aircrafts with multiple engines do not have as wide engine placements as multi-engined transports, nevertheless, asymmetric thrust is still a potential problem for pilot training. The F-14 and F-15 have wider engine placement schemes than the F-18. The wider the engine placements the higher of some energy loss when there is thrust. Any mechanical engineer will tell you that it is better to have thrust as much inline with the main longitudinal axis of the body as possible. It is necessary that thrust be in parallel, but the closer to the central axis, the greater the concentration of their combined thrust to the longitudinal axis, the more energy efficient the TV system. The downside is that the closer the engines are together, there will so little room for movement that 2D vectoring is the only option.

3D vectoring require more complex flight control laws -- IF -- the desire is to automate the thrust vectoring. Automation require the removal of some of the decision making process from the pilot, which is NOT always a positive. The US have done extensive testing on the integration of propulsion into flight control laws, of which the C-17A EOCS is one deployed example, here is the history...

Propulsion Control of Airplanes

NASA - NASA Dryden Fact Sheet - Propulsion Controlled Aircraft

Essentially...If we have engine failures, there is still a good chance of recovery and survival via flight control surfaces, aka 'dead stick' landing as UA 232 demonstrated...

Deadstick landing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But what if the aircraft loses some of its flight control surfaces, that is where PCA enabled flight control laws can help. Thrust vectoring works on similar principles as PCA but it is about the incorporation of DELIBERATE off-axis thrust not to recover a damaged aircraft but to radically enhanced its flight regimes. So asymmetric thrust can be exploited to good ends.

The PAK-FA's wide engine placements allows 3D vectoring, however, we do not know the extent of TV automation. Is the pilot allowed individual nozzle vector controls? Now that would remove a lot of mathematical complexity from the flight control laws but would transfer the burden to the pilot. After all, what good in having a feature if you do not know how or allowed to use that feature? Remember UA 232 above where the pilot had to manipulate the throttles himself. This mystery alone begs us to wonder how does Sukhoi view the pilot. Is he a 'killer' first and 'flyer' second? Or would the TV training and operation be so intensive that he would be so busy working the nozzles that he can lose situational awareness and lose the fight?

3D vectoring is best when there is so little aerodynamic forces to exploit that in order to change aircraft attitude, an alternate force is required, this would be at very low airspeed, so low that even if there is any advantage to be gained over the F-22, the F-22 would have to be either battle damaged or at so low an altitude that the F-22 pilot has next to no room to maneuver. The Soviets/Russians do not have a good history of avionics and ergonomics. We knew that even before the Soviet Union collapsed.

Do not be gullible and impressed by that airshow 'cobra' maneuver. It was done with extraordinary airmanship acquired through years of flight experience and natural abilities. That is not how we want our air forces. We want an efficient combination of high flying capabilities and human instincts now. The American philosophy is -- make the aircraft do the flying as much as possible so the pilot can be a 'killer' primary and 'flyer' secondary. When the aircraft exceed maneuvering requirements just through aerodynamic exploitations alone, TV capability is gravy and having 2D only allow some pilot control and some automation without overly complex flight control laws. This is like creating one hundred above average airborne killers in one year instead of ten excellent ones in two years.

Raptor is a classification of bird...

Bird of prey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dead meat for the Raptor, baby...

here is your answer.

He just described the underpowered engines without TVC used in test flights. I am asking about the actual engines that are developed but not yet integrated. If you read all the post carefully, you will find that actual engines were tested separately, on 21 Jan, on a su27. They were not used on the T50 we saw in the videos.
This is what I am trying to tell you, you have yet to see the production variant. Till than, its all speculation.

Defunct Humanity: PAK FA first flight

excerpt-

"The nozzles was designed round, as expected, which provoked speculations about problem in IR and radar stealthness from rear hemisphere. However, the program chief has explained early, that IR and radar observability reduction was achieved not worse than on American 5th gen. fighters, but in different way. The 1st prototype has no TVSs but it's certainly formulated as a part of the program and already developed by 'Klim

Do you understand that your source is russian? of course they are going to make claims like that. the funny thing is... its even evident to a blind person that F-35 and F-22 engines clearly have a huge huge advantage in IR reduction over Pak-FA. Even Rafale and EF have reduced IR then Pak-FA.

Do you understand that your source is russian? of course they are going to make claims like that. the funny thing is... its even evident to a blind person that F-35 and F-22 engines clearly have a huge huge advantage in IR reduction over Pak-FA. Even Rafale and EF have reduced IR then Pak-FA.

If you say so...
We understand that you go after every plane, chasing it with a ir sensor and radar to gather intel about their signatures...
:pop:

Let me ask you a question. What makes a plane emit in IR region. Ok, I know hot gases from engine.

But even F22/35 burn fuel, releasing hot gases. So, how do they reduce the IR signature??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom