What's new

Pakistan $1 Trillion Economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Pakistan on achievement of this wonderful milestone.
Insha allah, Pakistan will soon overtake India's only $1.9 trillion economy.
Insha allah, they will soon.

And again we would be under 1000 years of rule again, Insha allah too again.

you have to grow 4 times to become 1 trillion economy....

I think I should also start a thread titled "India......8 trillion economy" :D

Read this ...Less than 1 percent of Pakistanis pay tax – Survey | Aboard The Democracy Train

You mean the documented economy. There are entire regions that are beyond any tax regime. I suspect the number of taxpayers in entire FATA probably can be counted on your fingers . It is not much better in most of Balochistan and large parts of Khyber Pak, interior Sindh and Punjab. Most farmers large or small are safely outside the system. Frankly it is ridicalous.

Everybody has sprouted beards but non are decent enough to even register with FBR indeed it is other way around all the traders will create ruckus and strikes even just the mention of tax. In a country of 190 million people this a scandal that nobody wants to talk about.

Huge housing estates are sprouting everywhere [ Peshawar, Islamabad, Lahore, Faisalabad the list goes ) so question is these middle class people must be making money to buy houses and cars but non are registered with FBR. Why the FBR does not make these people account for the money is beyond me. Corruption and incompetence in equal doses perhaps.

Click on this: Google Maps
Google Maps

TAX AND AID: This scandal is likely to encourage international donors who want the country to widen its tax base before asking for more aid.

Only 0.6 per cent of the population pays taxes in Pakistan, as against 4.7 per cent in India, 58 per cent in France and 80 per cent in Canada.

This is despite the fact that the government has doubled salaries of tax officials in the hope that it will improve the compliance level, but to no avail.

Pakistan continues to have the lowest number of active taxpayers per tax administrator in South Asia — 64. In India, taxpayers per tax administrator share stands at 537, in Sri Lanka 232, in the United States 1,990 and Switzerland 3,182.

* 4.7 divided 0.6 is nearly 8. Which means 8 times more Indian's pay tax then Pakistani's. This is terrible and we are not going anywhere without fixing this problem. If this keeps up we will have more tax inspectors then taxpayers.
Get rid of direct taxes and implement higher indirect taxes, .. but for god's sake keep India out of discussion

I see I am keeping Indian's entertained ...
The more firing I recieve means I am hitting the target ...

On topic we need to focus on the economy. We were ahead in the past but now we face the real prospect of being left behind. It is now or never

* We need need to learn some lessons from China and leverage the CPEC to maximum effect as a catalyst for change. That would create multiplier effect ....

But we are going for GST. :/
I don't think the opposition will let the Government pass GST.

If passed, it will be the biggest taxation reform since 1947. They know it will make Government look good and raise economy which will hurt opposition's chances at power in the next elections.

I don't think the opposition will let the Government pass GST.

If passed, it will be the biggest taxation reform since 1947. They know it will make Government look good and raise economy which will hurt opposition's chances at power in the next elections.
They will, they call the joint session if needed. But they definitely pass the bill before March 2016.

Get rid of direct taxes and implement higher indirect taxes, ..

Indirect taxes are not progressive. They have the same burden for everyone, poor or rich.

Governments want to show they are milking the rich to help the poor. So outside of the oil rich ME countries that earn unearned billions from oil exports, almost every other country has direct taxes and for most rich countries they collect more revenue than indirect taxes.

but for god's sake keep India out of discussion

That seems not to be an option. Even if it is a thread by a Pakistani, related to Pakistan and the member is supposedly a "think tank". They just post whatever non-factual crap they can get their hands on related to India.

:))

Attachments

• IMG010.jpg
    IMG010.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 30
Fastest growing muslim country ha ha ha o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Try Indonesia
Saudi
Iran
Bangladesh
Nigeria
Kuwait
Libya
Algeria

Check their growth rates and GDPs first

The new global economy - CNNMoney

CHECK OUT THE REAL WORLD ACCORDING TO CNN USA

RATHER THAN PDF world

Road Transport Year Book 2011-12 - Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways : 2012 – Vehicles in Millions

Year Book 2011-2012Table 1.1 – Page 2

All Vehicles : 159.491 - Two Wheelers : 115.419 - Cars Jeeps & Taxis : 21.568 - Buses 1.677
- Goods Vehicles : 7.658 – Other Vehicles : 13.169

Society of Indian Automobile Manufactures
Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers – Production Trends 2014-2015

Passenger Vehicles : 3,220,172 – Commercial Vehicles : 697,083 - Three Wheelers : 949,021
Two Wheelers : 18,499,970 – Grand total : 23,366,246

Pakistan Economic Survey : 2013-2014 : Chapter - Transport and Communication
Statistical Appendices

Table 13.4 - Total of Motor Vehicles on Road 2011-2012 : 10.9607 Million

With one of the lowest tax to GDP ratios in the world, plagued with massive wealth and income inequality, with poor infrastructure and steeped in corruption to the core, Pakistan is not going anywhere near the laughable figure of a "1 trillion dollar economy". It would be an achievement to reach half that. For a nation of 200 million people, the current GDP is pitiful beyond belief.
I am optimistic but also a realist. Let the people sort the basics out first.
As for this thread, it's become more of a slanging match and it's not based on any credible evidence or media link, therefore shall be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom