What's new

Pakistan Air Force To Achieve Air Refuelling Next Year

Let me build a scenario, expert advice needed...

An f-16, is airborne, with max payload of weapons, and only essential fuel so that it can get over Lahore, from Sargodha. Here, over Lahore, its refueled by a refueler orbiting over Lahore. Now F-16 can continue East, for a deep strike mission inside Indian territory. It can deliver its weapon payload to the target and get back to Lahore, with fuel level dropping. Again, it is refuelled over Lahore, and then continue to Sargodha.

Aerial refuelling allows, fighter aircarft to takeoff, with max weapon payload, and just essential fuel, so that it can fly to a tanker.

Similarly, once AWACS, will be acquired by Sweden, by PAF, these airborne radars can remain in air for extended period of time, by repeated aerial refuelling.

I think, it is wrong to assume that tankers are only benefecial for long distance ferry mission, over Karakuram/Himalaya Ranges.

Two problems:

1.An tanker in air over forward location becomes an indicator that something is coming. It means tankers have to be based interior of the country and I am not sure if it wise to take off from say Lahore,travel back, fill up and then be on the way.
2. IAF will ALWAYS hit tankers and AWACS first. They are high value and easier targets.

Tankers are used if you guarantee air supremacy in the area they operate.For PAF it will assist in longer loitering time over it's airspace.

So will we!

As far as i am concerned India has not been Supplied with The Vympel R-37 or the Kh-31 (the supposed AWACs killer with a very low probability of Kill ratio) by Russia.

None the less the FT-2000 Long Range SAM system from China can also do the Same Job for Pakistan to counter Indian Tankers and AWACs.

I don't agree with my friend in saying that refueling can take place in the vicinity of Lahore or in case of any other city in PK, as all are in easy reach from IAF air bases. A BLIB + 3~4 on there radar can scramble a section of MIG 29 or SU 30 or even Mirage 2000 withh after burner into PK and hit the target in 5~6 min and dash back as they did with PN's Atlantic.
I agree that a/c burns max fuel on takeoff but it is suggested to use 70~75% power on T/O and use drop tanks. In deep penatration missions PAF shuold use Mirage and F5 a/c and leave F16 and F7 for interception.

So will we!

As far as i am concerned India has not been Supplied with The Vympel R-37 or the Kh-31 (the supposed AWACs killer with a very low probability of Kill ratio) by Russia.

None the less the FT-2000 Long Range SAM system from China can also do the Same Job for Pakistan to counter Indian Tankers and AWACs.

And how come FT-2000 has "high kill ratio"? What makes you think that IAF will base it's awacs and tanker within the range of FT-2000? A Chinese copy of Russian system becomes super duper the end of all?

Anyways totally irrelevant.
My post is in response to the scenario mentioned by one of the members,not a generic IAF v/s PAF conflict.
Please stick to the topic in hand.

And how come FT-2000 has "high kill ratio"? What makes you think that IAF will base it's awacs and tanker within the range of FT-2000? A Chinese copy of Russian system becomes super duper the end of all?

Anyways totally irrelevant.
My post is in response to the scenario mentioned by one of the members,not a generic IAF v/s PAF conflict.
Please stick to the topic in hand.

Please do so. The main saying was that if IAF can do it. PAF can do it. Unfortunately, it wasn't "catch up".

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom