What's new

Pakistan Army Al-Zarrar Tank (Swat)

As far as gunships are concerned, its not that we have not had their support... they have been with us and in almost cases, guaranteed sorties were given, but the Talis are quite clever. In ever house that was used as a bunker by them, we would come across a a dugout within the walls, most probably used to hide whenever heli would come in to take a shot. There have been instances when we were taking fire from a particular building and we blew it up with tank fire or gunship, and after while, from within the rubble, the fire would start again, meaning that the talis in there would simply hide down in the prepared basement and when the shot was taken, they would come back up again and start firing. It is a fight of resiliency and nerves .. the key has always been to keep the morale high and never ever think that they were better than us. Personal experience says, whichever side displayed nerves and held on, would win, which Alhamd-o-lillah was us most of the times.

As far as gunships are concerned, its not that we have not had their support... they have been with us and in almost cases, guaranteed sorties were given, but the Talis are quite clever. In ever house that was used as a bunker by them, we would come across a a dugout within the walls, most probably used to hide whenever heli would come in to take a shot. There have been instances when we were taking fire from a particular building and we blew it up with tank fire or gunship, and after while, from within the rubble, the fire would start again, meaning that the talis in there would simply hide down in the prepared basement and when the shot was taken, they would come back up again and start firing. It is a fight of resiliency and nerves .. the key has always been to keep the morale high and never ever think that they were better than us. Personal experience says, whichever side displayed nerves and held on, would win, which Alhamd-o-lillah was us most of the times.

Insha Allah , Nasr min Allah Fatah Anqareeb
war of Attrition comes to mind. to bring it to a quick end we really need to cut off their supply lines.

by the way you bypassed my question about the support from our Artillery in this war. I know you are daggers drawn with them he he. But you know it is one of the “A” that has saved the day for Pakistan many times. (sorry biased towards Artillery because too many family members in it except one recent traitor, my cousin who didn’t join his fathers unit and went in the mechanised infantry. Bless him he is spending time in the igloo for past 6 months.
By the way if you do happen to know or heard of Qasim Khan please let me know, he was my class fellow and hails from a family of tankers. He is a Hazara like Gen Musa Khan was. I am desperately trying to locate him but couldn’t find him. If he hasn’t caused any trouble he should be a major by now. Please PM me if you have any information.

We did schooling together back in the late 80s in Quetta before my father got posted to Sialkot.

Artillery ... :-) .. didnt miss it out on purpose ... Artillery has been amazing .. specially the medium guys ... but their role primarily remains till the initial or stages of combat. Once the encounter begins, thereon we cant effectively bring it down since we are in close quarters. Still nothing changes the fact that their performance has been amazing. Very accurate and devastating ....!!!

Amphibious assault vehicle in PK is still need confirmation or not?

Back
Top Bottom