What's new

Pakistan Army Camouflages

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
b492e8ffee0e5fb13e375bac6e385ddb.jpg

Pakistan Army Camouflages are old, perhaps a little dark color would be better.

U.S forces use the camouflage below.

This color seems nice. Chinese and Iranians use this for their forces.

Now this is the image of a Pakistani soldier i am guessing? Not sure if its from special forces. This picture was recently taken in the Friendship 2006 exercise with the Chinese special forces for countering terrorism.

Now the above soldier does have camouflages similarities with the the special service groups of Pakistan, thats why i had doubt about it. (See Below)

a_ssg38_1_.jpg

Now below these guys are Pakistani soldiers with a pretty nice camouflaged staged some where in Wana, countering terrorism.

Now what is going on with the camouflages. I am not sure, are they being replaced by the newer ones, like i have posted some examples above? Some insight on camouflages used by the Pakistan Army, Special service groups and paramilitary would be appreciated.

i think they have different camouflages for different terrains,on all the pictures the camos worn by the PA soldiers matches the terrain behind them.

just a guess..

I remember reading somewhere that at the time of partition, PA chose 'British Khaki' as their unifrom colour whereas IA opted for 'British Jungle Green'. I have a feeling that PA camouflage still uses the same Khaki background. Thats why it is a bit light in colour.

The purpose of camouflage is not to make the object invisible, but to create sufficient ambiguity by merging sharp edges, shades and shadows with the background.

The rules are simple........

Shape......break up the shape of the soldier (or vehicle)

Shine.......Remove all reflective surfaces

Silhouette.......never silhouette yourself or the vehicle.

Sound.........

Movement.........

After that it gets very technical with muzzle flashes,powder smoke etc etc

I have had a guy come within 3 metres of me once and he failed to spot me :tup:

Nice pics webby.

By the way, the last picture of the soldiers getting off from the 4 wheeler ? Isnt it called a technical ??

Any reasons why it is used by the PA ?

That does raise an interesting question as to the type of jeep type vehicles used by the armies of south asia. And in answer to your question, a "technical" is a term coined in Somalia.
In this case it could be argued that it is merely a 4 x 4 with a machine gun (much like a jeep or a landrover) It is probably being used as it was the most practical vehicle for the operational terrain.

Pakistan Armed Forces currently use 5 camo patterns.
1. NATO Woodland Camo, used by SSG as uniform jackets
2. 3 Color Dessert, also known as choc chip worn mostly by rangers
3. Pak Marine Camo, used by Pak Marines, basically the woodland camo with blue included. This is the most rediculous camo pattern I have ever seen!!
4. PLain Khaki, this is the first camo to be adopted by PAkistan Army, will probably be replaced by a new desert camo pattern.
5. New PAk ARmy CAmo, this is a new camo pattern adopted by Army, seems like the army has done some research before designing this pattern as it matches the pakistani terrein to a large extent.

all in all, i think that Pakistan Army will adopt a new camo pattern, maybe the DIGITIZED CAMO used by the allied forces in afghanistan and Iraq. it is very very effective. The MArines really need to rethink their camo pattern

Nice pics webby.

By the way, the last picture of the soldiers getting off from the 4 wheeler ? Isnt it called a technical ??

Any reasons why it is used by the PA ?

Easy in and easy out...but not the right vehicle for the IS role they are performing. They do not use APCs over there because there are roads available and wheeled vehicles are better/faster but provide little protection. They are considering other options to replace the pick up trucks (which are 4x4 but again offer no protection against small arms etc..).

Now to the issue of uniforms. Currently the PA is in a state of transition with units still receiving new uniforms etc. The idea that Bull put forward is the correct one. PA will be utilizing a mix of cammies.

The forces operating in the Northern Areas wear the uniform that is sanctioned for those units that operate under the FCNA. This is the green camouflage (which some here refer to as woodland pattern). This goes very well for units operating in the Kashmir region.

The forces in the Punjab/Sind areas will be getting the new sand coloured cammies (the one you see the OR wearing in the picture with the Chinese).

Eventually this sand coloured one will be the most common as it has been specifically designed for use by PA in the regions stated above.

Not sure if we will see a digitized one in the near future as the Army is still pushing out the new camouflage out to its formations....usually the uniform change is a fairly expensive exercise, thus it will be a while before you start seeing where these specific uniforms are to be used.

The sand color camflouge is really good. It works in all the regions we have be it Sindh or Punjab.

It dose give the uniform a very shabby appearence though. SOmething you could never say about the Khaki.

the old uniform was much better than the new one..............

_39511795_pakistanarmyafp203.jpg

Pakistan Army Camouflages are old, perhaps a little dark color would be better.

U.S forces use the camouflage below.

US%20Forces.jpg

This color seems nice. Chinese and Iranians use this for their forces.

2621095b60e345d0295693bvm1.jpg

Now this is the image of a Pakistani soldier i am guessing? Not sure if its from special forces. This picture was recently taken in the Friendship 2006 exercise with the Chinese special forces for countering terrorism.

262109527af0804aa0b966bfx1.jpg

Now the above soldier does have camouflages similarities with the the special service groups of Pakistan, thats why i had doubt about it. (See Below)

a_ssg38_1_.jpg

Now below these guys are Pakistani soldiers with a pretty nice camouflaged staged some where in Wana, countering terrorism.

pakistani_forces.jpg

Now what is going on with the camouflages. I am not sure, are they being replaced by the newer ones, like i have posted some examples above? Some insight on camouflages used by the Pakistan Army, Special service groups and paramilitary would be appreciated.

didnt know that mobile fone was part of SF kit in pakistan....

that is not a mobile phone but a short range PCD i.e. short range communicator used to communicate between members of the "Stick."

Just wondering, is any chance I can have Pakistani 3 Color Dessert Chocolate Chip?

You should be able to buy in Indonesia from some military store. Pakistan produces lots of camo gear for international customers.

Pakistan_ranger_soldier.jpg

Pakistan rangers camo.

Back
Top Bottom