What's new

Pakistan biggest victim of int’l terrorism: US

PakSher

Reaction score
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 E-Mail this article to a friend Printer Friendly Version

Share this story! del.icio.us digg Reddit Furl Fark TailRank Ma.gnolia NewsVine Simpy Spurl

Pakistan biggest victim of int’l terrorism: US

* Blake says Obama highlighted in Delhi that stable Pakistan in interest of both US, India

WASHINGTON: Pakistan has been the chief victim of international terrorism and curbing militancy is in the country’s own interest, a senior American official said while noting that a stable Pakistan was in the interests of both the US and India.

Robert Blake, assistant secretary of state for South Asia, told a briefing that during his recent visit to India, President Barack Obama highlighted that Washington and New Delhi had shared interest in reducing Pakistan-India tensions.

“I think the president was very clear that Pakistan itself has been the chief victim of international terrorism. And so it’s very much in its own interest to crackdown on these groups, which increasingly are operating as a syndicate and it’s very difficult to really distinguish between them,” he said.

On the foreign policy side, he said, “An important focus was Pakistan during Obama’s visit”.

“The president welcomed dialogue between India and Pakistan and highlighted our shared interest in reducing tensions between India and Pakistan, and in a stable and more prosperous Pakistan,” Blake said at the Foreign Press Centre.

The diplomat noted that “the president, over the course of his three days, talked at great length about the importance of Pakistan, about the shared interests that the US and India have in a stable and prosperous Pakistan, but also of the need for Pakistan to take concrete steps to address the terrorism that is emanating from its soil and to bring the perpetrators of the Mumbai attacks to justice as quickly as possible.”

Blake, in response to a question, said the US had welcomed the steps that Islamabad had taken thus far in, for example, the Swat Valley and South Waziristan, but wanted to see progress in places like North Waziristan and against groups such as Lashkar-e-Tayyaba. app

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Blake, in response to a question, said the US had welcomed the steps that Islamabad had taken thus far in, for example, the Swat Valley and South Waziristan, but wanted to see progress in places like North Waziristan and against groups such as Lashkar-e-Tayyaba. app

It will happen, whats the Rush Racket for.. ?
Pakistan has quite alive and vocal reasons to not to lurk in those Areas...Every thing has a time.Though its strategikly significant to Reclaim this land from the Extreemist Ideology But only when the timeline is coherent with the Pakistani Interests.

It will happen, whats the Rush Racket for.. ?
Pakistan has quite alive and vocal reasons to not to lurk in those Areas...Every thing has a time.Though its strategikly significant to Reclaim this land from the Extreemist Ideology But only when the timeline is coherent with the Pakistani Interests.

You have been avoiding it for over an year now, how much time is needed to finish an internal war?

It is a fact the Pak has suffered a great deal .

Unfortunately, most of its ills are self inflicted in as much as the ppl suffer due to U Turns and a mish mash of national policies.

It is a fact the Pak has suffered a great deal .

Unfortunately, most of its ills are self inflicted in as much as the ppl suffer due to U Turns and a mish mash of national policies.

RDX comes from?
intelligence network paid by?
logistics managed by?
children supplied by?

BTW.. title hints international element not local.

I wonder what's cooking... whom are they going to blame.

You have been avoiding it for over an year now, how much time is needed to finish an internal war?

Based on the Vietnam, Iraq and Afghan Wars, it could take years. But since you used the word "internal", isn't that our internal business, which means that none of your business.

RDX comes from?
logistics managed by?
children supplied by?

If you find the correct answers to those questions, you will be much closer to winning this war, than you are now.

Naxalism started in 1967 from west bengal. How much time you would take to finish an internal war?

RDX comes from?
logistics managed by?
children supplied by?

Well of course the CIA/RAW/Mossad alliance who else. Who are trying to destabilise Pakistan in order.... well we don't know WHY and WHAT for but still want to destabilise Pakistan.

Little bit of history for you keeping it very short: During the Afghan war which Pakistan as per many claims took on the USSR and defeated single it handedly, being sarcastic here.

The Afghans and lots of Jihadi from across the Ummah came to Pakistan as Pakistan be the GHQ and being leader of the Ummah (being leader not known to the rest this is a secret) extensively handled trained by the Pak Army.

These people were supported by known funding or money of the US, Saudi etc....including many charities mosques etc. across Ummah including Pakistan.. handled by The Army. Now at the same time Pak Army was also in the process of nurturing other Jihadis for Afghan cause and Kashmir cause. During the Afghan war there were many Madrasas created and these still exist in Pakistan that we sending recruits to both theatres. After the Afghan war Pak Army supported its factions in the ensuing civil war money was always coming from Gulf and other Muslim states. Kashmir flared up again money for these causes was raised locally and comes from various sources abroad. Plus the Madrasas still exist as many poor people who cannot afford to feed their children send them there for education and food. These still get support from various places across the arab world. As for acquiring weapons and explosives thanks to the Pakistan involvement in other peoples problems has left the country awash with weapons. In fact my friend from Karachi told me this he said you can get a Klashin I believe its called AK47 replica for less than $50. He also said that he goes to the roof of his building with his 13 yrs old son to fire in the air don't remember why but he had told me the reason for this kind of celebration. Given the operations that these guys do you dont need much a Suicide Vest also cost probably $ 50 mind you haven't taken inflation into account.

So basically radical elements we created nurtured and supported locally its not so simple to just leash the monster created by the Army. So basically when for survival reasons the establishment starts to make a U turn on its own creation the same monster then starts to attack its master. To such an extent that establishment even made some peace deals with these guys. This is where my favourite term was created the good Taliban and bad Taliban. The only problem here is that especially the Panjabi Taliban aka. JEM,LEJ,JUD and the rest long list here who run the Madrassas got really pissed and now determining which among this lot the good Taliban and bad Taliban. So I guess that the next game who's the good Taliban and whos the bad Taliban in the Punjabi Heartland.

I know JEM and LET/JUD are good Taliban so far

If this is international 'terrorism' then are the countries behind these 'terrorist' countries ??

It has been proven that the TTP are actually non muslims from Northern India and they are trained to be a 'muslim' so that as they do their mission, they also take away our reputation and respect.

I have seen this in a documentery.

Well this the biggest terrorism hit country, then dont forget that we are fighting the biggest terrorists.....alone !!

If this is international 'terrorism' then are the countries behind these 'terrorist' countries ??

It has been proven that the TTP are actually non muslims from Northern India and they are trained to be a 'muslim' so that as they do their mission, they also take away our reputation and respect.

Well this the biggest terrorism hit country, then dont forget that we are fighting the biggest terrorists.....alone !!

TTP Leaders
Current

Hakimullah Mehsud – second amir of TTP and former commander in the Khyber, Kurram, and Orakzai agencies – South Waziristan
Hafiz Gul Bahadur – North Waziristan
Maulavi Nazir – South Waziristan (western half)
Qari Hussain – Lieutenant to Baitullah Mehsud
Omar Khalid – Mohmand Agency
Waliur Rehman Mehsud – South Waziristan
Faqir Mohammed – Bajaur

Spokesmen
Current

Azam Tariq

Former

Maulvi Omar – close aide to Baitullah Mehsud – arrested August 18, 2009[30]
Muslim Khan – arrested September 11, 2009
Supporters and allies

Mangal Bagh Afridi – Leader of Lashkar-e-Islam (based in Khyber Agency, Pakistan)

Ilyas Kashmiri and Qari Saifullah Akhtar[not in citation given] – leaders of the Harkat-ul Jihad Islami (HuJI), an al-Qaeda-linked terror group[32]
Maulana Fazlullah, "The Radio Mullah" – Tehreek-e-Nafaz-e-Shariat-e-Mohammadi (based in Swat, Pakistan)
Sufi Muhammad – Tehreek-e-Nafaz-e-Shariat-e-Mohammadi (based in Swat, Pakistan) – arrested
Maulana Masood Azhar – Leader of Jaish-e-Mohammed
Matiur Rehman and Qari Mohammad Zafar – leaders of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Zafar deceased February 24, 2010
Tohir Yo'ldosh – leader of the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan – deceased August 27, 2009
Ghazi Force - a militant organization that brewed against the backlash of Lal Masjid operation.

All are Indians..:disagree:

FUN - DING :blink::blink:

Last edited:

Incorrect buddy, they are all muslim and most are Pakistanis, unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom