What's new

Pakistan biggest victim of int’l terrorism: US

The policy of using guerrilla terror against Pakistan actually started in India with communist help under Indra regime. Until 70's everything was calm and quiet but things soured up with Indian backing and interference in east-Pakistan.

Regrading evidence much has been already presented to the world but the point is are they willing to accept it. Just look at what ease the dissident of Baluchistan and KP are able to travel India via third countries. Many of them even hold business and property in india now. Have a look at BLA facebook page and see the concentration of Indian sympathizers. While face book is no evidence it does suggest the indian mindset about BLA.

Well as far as rivalry goes Pakistani Military instigated 1965 operations covert ops to liberate Kashmir which back fired and lead to a war. Similar tactic was tried with Kargil Ops which again ended up with negativity to Pakistan as opposed to highlighting the Kashmir issue. As far as 1971 war is concerned isn't there enough evidence even from all sides including a commission from Pakistan whose findings say that the Military and civilian bungling in the east and subsequent high handed way the local Bengali issues were handled that subsequently to a crisis? I am referring this from a book written by a Pakistan called "Between the Mosque and the Military" which quite rightly depicts what lead to the crisis in Bengal and subsequent civil war. India did step in and took advantage of the situation however things were already bad before that.

As far as evidence of causing trouble in Pakistan is concerned. No one has seen yet any concrete evidence of anyone from outside operating with impunity within Pakistan.. which relates to external countries or intelligence agencies. If there mountains of evidence then it's really odd that with the amount of battering that Pakistan took in terms of its image after the 26/11 incidents nothing has been brought forward as that would have been at least some counter rebuttal. I would have expected some sort of noise or tabling the evidence from Pakistan's side to the Intl community at least a few months after the Mumbai incident. However till date nothing has been forthcoming until now and I doubt that the establishment would sit on a trump card for months and months without bringing out something no matter how tiny in form of evidence to the international forum.

So maybe there is no evidence or maybe there is a lots of evidence, I honestly don't know.

What's evident though that nothing so far has come out and until that doesn't happen it doesn't support Pakistan's claims on this subject

I am not trying to take sides in this subject on who is right or who is wrong. These are my personal observations after having lived in India and knowing the history ( as I'm interest in this subject) and especially the local (Indian & Pakistani) mindset having interacted/interacting with peoples from both countries.

Last edited:
A wise man once said... No mun, no fun... Frankly this whole "internal" war only cut's the mustard with halfwits and no brained goofs willing to consume the eloquently expressed and sensationalistic illustrations of a country kaput...

Come on now... Do you really think it's that simple?

Lets just examine the paradoxes between Quetta and Dir as examples? Internal... My A$$

Whilst i seldom post now, i DO actually read the troll posts on our forum and it really makes me chuckle. For the armchair analysts who think that perhaps this slow progress in our backyard is because of the establishment's lethargic approach to the drudgery of this task or perhaps the lack of conviction on our part...

This is a very flawed and one sided view of things, and as Robert Blake(US Assistant Secretary for South and Central Asian Affairs) said
people seem to forget that Pakistan is itself a victim of "International Terrorism"
... India not to get UNSC seat soon: US Latest news, breaking news, world news, international news and current affairs

Now those questioning the lack of resolve or the commitment of the Pakistani nation need to be corrected, not because of some ego trip or some guilt ridden quest for righteous penance.

NO! but for "clearing the air" so to speak, there is a lot of bad blood (rightfully so) but there is also a lot of misconception about Pakistan, it's people and it's genuine role on the world stage.

So back to the question... Is Pakistan committed? Lets take a statistical view shall we?

The following is data issued by Pakistan Institute for Peace studies for the Security and Conflict report of South Asia (Oct 2010):

Casualties due to terrorism in S.A October 2010:
159.jpg

The maximum number of casualties is of the militants who have been killed or injured in their clashes with the security forces and operational attacks. Civilians suffered second highest number of casualties with 284 life losses and 399 injuries mainly in terrorist attacks, incidents of ethno-political violence, nationalist insurgent attacks and seatrain related killings. In terrorist attacks and their clashes with the militants the security forces lost 42 personnel among them --13 FC, 10 police and 19 army personnel; while 95 others including 58 FC, 9 police and 26 army and 2 paramilitary force personnel were injured. (See Table 4, 4a)

162.jpg

Among a variety of tactics used by the militants the most commonly used tactic was of IEDs with 38 reported incidents; while target killing was the second most commonly used method with 33 reported incidents. With 31 reported incidents firing or direct shootout was third most widely used tactic. Meanwhile 19 incidents of landmine blasts, 18 incidents of sabotage were also reported.

Now whilst drawing operational comparisons between Afghanistan and Pakistan is like drawing in the sand it does make interesting reading:

In Afghanistan the joint operations by ISAF and ANA arrested 99 militants, including some prominent Taliban leaders, along with discovering a huge amount of arms and ammunition. As many as 135 militants also surrendered to the security forces.

Compare this with October’s results for Pakistani security forces clashes with Taliban and militant forces resulting in the death of 341 militants. Source: Pak Institute for Peace Studies (PIPS), Independent Think Tank in Pakistan, Research Journal, FATA, Tribal Areas, Islamabad, Lal Masjid, Red Mosque, Ghazi Force, Lashkar-i-Taiba (LeT), Jaish-e-Muhammad (JM), Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ), Swat, Malakand, P

161.jpg

Yet despite these sacrifices and despite the heavy toll on our civilian population, there will always be those who question our motives and our resolve. Rest assured every sensible Pakistani with a modicum of humanity and commonsense knows that this is more than just a fight about someone else’s war…

Now, for those looking for a quick and decisive military solution, well what can I say… Except for the fact that your in for a rude shock… I would just like to quote the following:

"There's more violence now than there was a year ago," he said. "One of things that has proved remarkably resilient about the insurgency is their ability to recruit people. There always has to be some sort of political dialogue that takes you to an end of this conflict - not a military solution."
BBC News - 'Rebranding' US detention of prisoners in Afghanistan

This view was recently re-enforced by Sir David Richards, the head of British forces, who declared that a military victory against al-Qa'ida and the Taliban is not possible. Source: Head of armed forces says victory over al-Qa'ida is not possible - Home News, UK - The Independent

So you see the bottom line is, rather than just look to Pakistan and say "DO MORE" how's about you be proactive and consider that the dynamics behind this phenomena are far more unique and complex than the typical military foe such as the Vietcong or the typical rebel force i.e.: FARC.

If only things were as easy as…
Kill em all, let god sort em out
… You tried that already… REMEMBER!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom