What's new

Pakistan budget-Fiscal year 2013-2014: Discussions

OK, and about master program they will give 10,000 stipend but age is limited to 25. :omghaha::omghaha:

So that fresh candidates can take benefit of it. I am 22 giving my final papers of Bachelors degree and 95 % of my class is 22 and we all can do masters before 25

Am I the only one who thinks that taxes on cigarettes, paan and stuff like this is a good thing?

There are alot of optimistic things in this budget, time will tell if they come true or not.

The rich and waderas still get away with it, I hope the provincial governments and KPK govt in particular increase agri tax, but in truth the major effect will only come from Punjab as far as agri sector is concerned.

cigarettes nikal kar baqi sub par jitna lagana hai lagaon :cray::cray::cray:

what is stupid abt it do u even how much ppl r earning from dairy farming bus why it shouldnt be taxed.?????
Because from as young as a day old baby, every takes milk and its almost a basic necessity of life. Good step would have been its steady and easy flow to all and not what the pmln goons just did. Whats next.....tax on air, because every one breathes? :cheesy:

@Zakii Sir if govt. employee's minimum salary was 10,000 then count it even less because there is increase in GST by 1%. So effective income will be even lesser. That's why economists call GST as Hidden Robbery.. :lol:

Now regarding budget:

1) All major taxes are at poor people, can someone please let me know what new taxes are imposed at Industrialists, Waderas, Land lords etc?

2) What steps are taken for land reforms, agricultural reforms or real estate reforms?

3) I haven't heard about Education and Health sectors (may be my bad, can someone please update)

4) No increase in salaries of govt employees, N-League promised for minimum 18,000 per month (gradually in 5 years)

5) Laptop Scheme :lol: Why not establish more IT labs, New IT Universities or improving existing one's ?

6) Most of daily household things are going to be more expansive because of taxes, e.g. Cooking Oil, Suger etc while no major taxes are imposed on luxurious things e.g Jewellery etc

7) Nothing is suggested to make reforms in old buggy systems like Police, Emergency, Fire Brigade, Patwari Culture etc

So much for doing reforms in bla bla bla.. :omghaha: These are the few points I've noticed, feel free to add more if you want.. :lol:
1% gst is not a big issue.but ya u have to put taxes on ppl who have like 3 house and they have gifted to their children as gifts thats why ppl transfer their property to their relatives ... i think that need to be taxed that gift culture has to end at some point

Last edited by a moderator:
i was alarmed when Shireen Mazari stated that there are 3 million rich people in Pakistan. If true, then they need to be taxed.

Well he did talk about 3G license and setting aside money for telecom sector.

Another good thing hhesaid was that Railways is going to be turned into a corporation.

Anusha Rehman tried to get the liscence when she was part of IT committe of NA but Ppp wont listen

now she is minister she is working on 3G/4G/LTE license

and Railway u need not worry. Kh Saad Rafique :big_boss::big_boss:

i was alarmed when Shireen Mazari stated that there are 3 million rich people in Pakistan. If true, then they need to be taxed.

It depends on how you define rich.

But they are still not being taxed, real estate, agri and all goes scotch free.

1% gst is not a big issue.but ya u have to put taxes on ppl who have like 3 house and they have gifted to their children as gifts thats why ppl transfer their property to their relatives ... i think that need to be taxed that gift culture has to end at some point

yes 1% increase of GST should not be a big issue. The pension is going to be increased by 10% and minimum wage gradually increasing to 15,000. The most important thing is Tax collection

Anusha Rehman tried to get the liscence when she was part of IT committe of NA but Ppp wont listen

now she is minister she is working on 3G/4G/LTE license

and Railway u need not worry. Kh Saad Rafique :big_boss::big_boss:

Well, Khwaja Saad Rafique is one of the few nooners I respect, his antics in elections did leave a bad taste in my mouth, but still, I expect him to do some good.

The agri sector is still in the dark from what I have heard, no one's discussing it.

Another thing is that the prices of CNG are expected to be increased so as to discourage it's use on vehicles.

Then as you said, vehicle withholding tax is good.

What more steps could be taken to bring the rich into the tax net?

Make it over 200% the current price.

Why the hell dont they tax those empty kanal kanal kay mahal where only watchman and dogs live?!

Would surely stop people from consuming land un necessarily! Or tax those who are rich enough to waste money on useless things like hair implants :azn:

Make it over 200% the current price.

In my opinion, the sale of CNG should be banned for private vehicles, it should be available only to public transport and motorcycles.

PEOPLE have a CNG cylinder in a Prado FFS!

So that fresh candidates can take benefit of it. I am 22 giving my final papers of Bachelors degree and 95 % of my class is 22 and we all can do masters before 25
:

Master MBA finance is 3.5 years. I can give link and detail of HTC recognized university and rules.
Anyway, 25 is not reasonable age. It should be 26 or 27

not only them our middle class is not paying taxes also we need to pay taxes if want a better health system better education system our aim only is to achieve 7% of growth IN 5 YEARS its not good enough for us we should be aiming a least 10% 12%... that can be achieved if we take drastic steps to improve load shedding widen our tax net

Well he did talk about 3G license and setting aside money for telecom sector.

Sir I've followed this IT sector in past 3 budgets since it is my field, but either nothing was said about it at all or whatever said was never implemented. Heck its 2013 and internet speed sucks in most parts of Lahore. Even today lots of major areas in Lahore have no Wireless coverage.. :hitwall:

Well, Khwaja Saad Rafique is one of the few nooners I respect, his antics in elections did leave a bad taste in my mouth, but still, I expect him to do some good.

He did nothing in elections khair

Did you watch his program yesterday (Capital Talk ) ??

Railway has 450 engines. 325 are not working. rest cant work for more than 5 hours ( none get started easily )

Only one freight train is working in Pakistan

The last procurement of engines from China was a bad one and the engines were of low quality. Surprisingly ( or maybe not ) we have asked them to provide more. Kh Saad has put the deal on hold now

The loans of Railway were also just mind blowing

Back
Top Bottom