What's new

Pakistan economic crisis forces shopping malls and markets to close early

Better healthcare? They literally import surgical instruments, pharmaceuticals, machinery from Pakistan. On what data is this indexing based on? Some dubious surveys handed by the Bangladeshi government?

I think I already mentioned that Pakistani students going to Bangladesh was part of exchange programs. Pakistan even hosted Korean & Chinese students as exchange programs. Look at this comment that was posted in the attachments:

World Bank questions GDP growth rate https://thefinancialexpress.com.bd/economy/wb-questions-government-data-about-gdp-growth-1523276955

GDP figures questioned https://www.thedailystar.net/business/news/fiscal-2019-20s-gdp-figure-stretches-credulity-1946285

Same thing here https://www.newagebd.net/article/74842/gdp-growth-doubted-quality-questioned

As another poster mentioned, I never first brought up the GDP. It was you. So you are rambling for nothing. The rest of your post is garbage. All other economic indicators favor Bangladesh once you start dissecting.

Better healthcare standards are different than importing. It matters not who they import from as long their citizens are well cared for to the best of that country's abilities. As for Pakistan, just today, new's coming out in regards to the shortage of raw materials and critical life-saving medication that they are deferring operations and will only do emergency procedures; as per Dr. Tipu Sultan, PPA President of Punjab, if someone needs a hip replacement, they will not receive that sort of care, you do not have that sort of issue in Bangladesh.

The reason is you have no dollars or funds to purchase shit. Even the Fujifilm of Pakistan CEO said nobody is willing to extend the Line of Credit; hence there will be a shortage of film for x-ray, MRI, etc., machines.

As for imports, the top 3 medical equipment importers to Bangladesh are India, China, and Japan. In this separate order per the last ten years. Medical equipment Imports in Bangladesh - Import data with price, buyer, supplier, HSN code (volza.com)

Honestly, I loved debating with you on this forum, not because you won against me or anything, but because it shows the stupidity of Pakistani people on full display. Why you are in the position you are in -- anyway, I'm done arguing with you as*-clown as my time wasn't worth it on you.

@leonblack08 Someone might as well nuke Pakistan if this is that caliber of people born there.

Last edited:
As another poster mentioned, I never first brought up the GDP. It was you. So you are rambling for nothing. The rest of your post is garbage. All other economic indicators favor Bangladesh once you start dissecting.

Better healthcare standards are different than importing. It matters not who they import from as long their citizens are well cared for to the best of that country's abilities. As for Pakistan, just today, new's coming out in regards to the shortage of raw materials and critical life-saving medication that they are deferring operations and will only do emergency procedures; as per Dr. Tipu Sultan, PPA President of Punjab, if someone needs a hip replacement, they will not receive that sort of care, you do not have that sort of issue in Bangladesh.

The reason is you have no dollars or funds to purchase shit. Even the Fujifilm of Pakistan CEO said nobody is willing to extend the Line of Credit; hence there will be a shortage of film for x-ray, MRI, etc., machines.

As for imports, the top 3 medical equipment importers to Bangladesh are India, China, and Japan. In this separate order per the last ten years. Medical equipment Imports in Bangladesh - Import data with price, buyer, supplier, HSN code (volza.com)

The fact that India, China and Japan are the three highest exporters of medical equipment to Bangladesh does not eliminate the fact that Pakistan also does. It does not address my argument by any means. I never asked which is the top medical exporter to Bangladesh. Failed strawman. :p:

You threw GDP in my face 2 times including after I brought New Zealand into the argument. And as two other posters pointed out and as I repeated population size gives New Zealand all the more advantage.

You also then argued poverty is "my line of defense." Some of the world's poorest live in Bangladesh, India, Nigeria, Congo etc.

You don't see that as a problem? Well I do. There's no way I would want that for my country. Not to mention world's highest population density, sh*t infrastructure, pollution. Pakistan is de-volving into another Bangladesh if it's population does not stop growing,

No wonder you got General Wahabbi Ul-Haq's pic as your icon. Champion of radicalism, stupidity, wishfulness.

Last edited:
Okay so population does matter. Because this contradicts PakFactor's comments. Same neighborhood or not, economies are not necessity with standard of living.

To answer, I brought Singapore because Bangladeshi nationalists online claimed that they will become another Singapore. I argue it'll probably not happen.

New Zealand I brought up, because GDP was thrown at me two times to illustrate a bad conclusion.

Finland I brought up because Pakistan previously had a higher GDP than Finland, but I never believed Pakistan was more developed than Finland.

Generally larger your GDP larger your per captia income and higher your standard of living. Can we agree on this ? Bangladesh is not a paradise by any means. But they have gone a long way since Henry Kissenger's fourth world comments. The most important thing is that Bangladesh is not running a periodic begging bowl. The second part (which Pakistanis ignore) is they stay away from neighborhood squabbles. Bangladeshis who compare themselves to Singapore are misplaced in their comparisons. For crying out loud NZ has 4 million people and Finland has 6 million people. Pakistan has more than 200 million.

Logically Pakistan can be compared to
India (neighbor, history, rivalry, developing countries) - you can argue India is too big and in its own planet
Bangladesh (neighbor, developing countries, similar population, same religion, shared history, D-8 members)
Afghanistan (neighbor) -- reasons not to compare is too small and too backward to be compared to
Indonesia (same region, similar population, D-8 members, developing countries) -- reasons not to compare would be Indonesia has an unfair advantage in natural resources
Nigeria (similar population, developing countries,, D-8 members) -- reasons not to compare would be Nigeria has an unfair advantage in natural resources

The comparisons to New Zealand, Singapore and Finland are absurd. It is perfectly fine for Pakistanis to aspire for the same standard of living as those countries

Generally larger your GDP larger your per captia income and higher your standard of living. Can we agree on this ? Bangladesh is not a paradise by any means. But they have gone a long way since Henry Kissenger's fourth world comments. The most important thing is that Bangladesh is not running a periodic begging bowl. The second part (which Pakistanis ignore) is they stay away from neighborhood squabbles. Bangladeshis who compare themselves to Singapore are misplaced in their comparisons. For crying out loud NZ has 4 million people and Finland has 6 million people. Pakistan has more than 200 million.

Your comment here is contrast to PakFactors comment. My premise was that overpopulation is killing Pakistan. His reply was that's just an excuse. Bangladesh has a huge population and they're doing better since they have a higher GDP.

When I compared to New Zealand, Finland, Singapore etc. it's when these comments on their population sizes comes up, which is in contrast to PakFactors argument.

Income per capita is dubious as other exaggerated stats. But what is not dubious is highest population density, second dirtiest capital in the world, probably one of the highest concentration of solid and gas pollution given the population density, much faultier infrastructure than Pakistan.

Also what I posted on India & Bangladesh include some of the largest poor populations in the world. So no surprise there. Although PakFactor doesn't seem to want to accept that it matters.

Also note that the stats I posted showed a lower unemployment rate than New Zealand. Also showed a faster growing income per capita than NZL but I doubt anytime in my lifetime- if ever- that Bangladesh stands out better than New Zealand despite those two "advantages" considering that New Zealand has a much smaller and sustainable population plus a much cleaner environment because of it and just about everything else better. So my argument does hold up that smaller & sustainable populations + sustainable economies win here. Not the endless growth.

Economic growth does not necessarily translate to a higher standard of living.

Last edited:
Your comment here is contrast to PakFactors comment. My premise was that overpopulation is killing Pakistan. His reply was that's just an excuse. Bangladesh has a huge population and they're doing better since they have a higher GDP.

When I compared to New Zealand, Finland, Singapore etc. it's when these comments on their population sizes comes up, which is in contrast to PakFactors argument.

Income per capita is dubious as other exaggerated stats. But what is not dubious is highest population density, second dirtiest capital in the world, probably one of the highest concentration of solid and gas pollution given the population density, much faultier infrastructure than Pakistan.

Also what I posted India & Bangladesh include some of the largest populations in the world. So no surprise there. Although PakFactor doesn't seem to want to accept that it matters.

Also note that the stats I posted showed a lower unemployment rate than New Zealand. Also showed a faster growing income per capita than NZL but I doubt anytime in my lifetime if ever, Bangladesh stands better than New Zealand despite those two "advantages" considering that New Zealand has a much smaller and sustainable population plus a much cleaner environment and just about everything else better. So my argument does hold up that smaller & sustainable populations + sustainable economies win here. Not the endless growth.

Economic growth does not necessarily translate to a higher standard of living.

Per captia income (either nominal or PPP) is a good metric. NZ, Finland and Singapore are a lot higher than South Asian countries. Is it the only metric ? Probably not. Can it be manipulated ? Sure

Per captia income (either nominal or PPP) is a good metric. NZ, Finland and Singapore are a lot higher than South Asian countries. Is it the only metric ? Probably not. Can it be manipulated ? Sure

Yes they can be, but when compared to thoughtful analysis, we can judge weather these stats are manipulated or not. Considering the small population sizes, not to mention the environmental preservation of these countries, it's a good bet the stats are correct.

In the case of Bangladesh, the World Bank, which has been cited multiple times on this thread, has questioned and suspected Bangladeshi government stats to be manipulated.

Another example is Al-Jazeera's report claiming 20% of Bangladeshis live below the poverty line which is a whole 8% above the Bangladeshi government's figures. I suspect it's even higher.

Even PakFactor's stats that were cited here are in contradiction of one another.

Also other sources, some of which I linked here, cite India & Bangladesh to have the word's two most polluted capitals, largest number of people living in extreme poverty, a higher population density amongst other things that make them far worse countries to live in than Pakistan.

Also off the record, there are unregistered Bangladeshi migrants living in Pakistan, perhaps by the millions, many of them working as domestic workers, streets vendors and others in Pakistan. I have personally also seen and met such people.

As far as I'm aware millions of Pakistanis don't immigrate to Bangladesh to work as street vendors or house maids or anything of that sort. That's just ridiculous.

There is little doubt in my mind which country is better to live in. Some phony cherry-picked stats supported by media hype aren't going to change my mind.

Last edited:
Yes they can be, but when compared to thoughtful analysis, we can judge weather these stats are manipulated or not. Considering the small population sizes, not to mention the environmental preservation of these countries, it's a good bet the stats are correct.

In the case of Bangladesh, the World Bank, which has been cited multiple times on this thread, has questioned and suspected Bangladeshi government stats to be manipulated.

Another example is Al-Jazeera's report claiming 20% of Bangladeshis live below the poverty line which is a whole 8% above the Bangladeshi government's figures. I suspect it's even higher.

Even PakFactor's stats that were cited here are in contradiction of one another.

Also other sources, some of which I linked here, cite India & Bangladesh to have the word's two most polluted capitals, largest number of people living in extreme poverty, a higher population density amongst other things that make them far worse countries to live in than Pakistan.

Also off the record, there are unregistered Bangladeshi migrants living in Pakistan, perhaps by the millions, many of them working as domestic workers, streets vendors and others in Pakistan. I have personally also seen and met such people.

As far as I'm aware millions of Pakistanis don't immigrate to Bangladesh don't immigrate to Bangladesh to work as street workers or house maids or anything of that sort. That's just ridiculous.

There is little doubt in my mind which country is better to live in. Some phony cherry-picked stats supported by media hype aren't going to change my mind.
Per ADB, the poverty statistics of Bangladesh and Pakistan are comparable. The only dramatic difference is in child mortality. Far too many (65 per 1000) children die young in Pakistan compared to Bangladesh (29 per 1000)

Per ADB, the poverty statistics of Bangladesh and Pakistan are comparable. The only dramatic difference is in child mortality. Far too many (65 per 1000) children die young in Pakistan compared to Bangladesh (29 per 1000)

I was going to question longitivity when this came up. I have to cast doubt on it as well. Higher population density, world's second most polluted capital, larger population of extreme poverty. Now Bangladesh's population is smaller than Pakistan's despite higher density.

That why we have to seriously question this. Also Bangladeshi governments stats contradict Al-Jazeera's report, not to mention the World Bank which questioned the GDP growth rates.

Likewise these stats on longevity and infant mortality need to be questioned. I'm not willing to place my bets on them.

I was going to question longitivity when this came up. I have to cast doubt on it as well. Higher population density, world's second most polluted capital, larger population of extreme poverty. Now Bangladesh's population is smaller than Pakistan's despite higher density.

That why we have to seriously question this. Also Bangladeshi governments stats contradict Al-Jazeera's report, not to mention the World Bank which questioned the GDP growth rates.

Likewise these stats on longevity and infant mortality need to be questioned. I'm not willing to place my bets on them.
Child mortality figures are easy to comprehend. Most children's death is due to infectious diseases. Bangladesh has a much better record of immunizing children compared to Pakistan. Pakistan's difficulty in immunizing children is well known. There are many cultural and political obstacles in increasing immunization in rural areas. Pakistan is one of the few countries in the world with Polio.

Pakistan reports first polio case in 15 months​

This is just today:

Diphtheria outbreak in Pakistan​

Back
Top Bottom