What's new

Pakistan economic crisis forces shopping malls and markets to close early

Bangladesh, with a large population and tiny landmass, is outdoing Pakistan.

Bangladeshi government may well be richer than Pakistani government. It does not translate into better standards of living.

The extravagant lifestyle promised by urbanisation is counterproductive and Bangladesh is a prime example.

Multiple sites show literacy rates between 20-25% -- such as this: Bangladesh compared to Pakistan (mylifeelsewhere.com)
As I mentioned, I provided you with a Pakistani source to ease your mind. Lol.

Your journalists say you are stupid. Lol

Please continue your verbal diarrhea while you have 1/3 of your country underwater and PM & COAS on a begging bowl tour. Lol

Your sources are in gross contradiction of each other and they probably trace back to the Bangladeshi government's fraudulent stats. Since we are not discussing it on the appropriate thread, I will post the World Bank's claims over here.

But since you brought up submerged, that's where Bangladesh might be headed with rising sea levels: https://earth.org/sea-level-rise-in-bangladesh/

(Large populations are bad news as demonstrated in that warning, not excused by nonsensical stats).

Last edited:
Your sources are in gross contradiction of each other and they probably trace back to the Bangladeshi government's fraudulent stats. Since we are not discussing it on the appropriate thread, I will post the World Bank's claims over here.

And you have Pakistani government statistics showing it's still a failure.

Trustly, do you think the Pakistani government tells the truth? While as you claim, Bangladesh tells only lies. Lol

This country is turning out to be the worst decision in the subcontinent. Hoping the British come back and occupy Pakistan cause this is too much.

Last edited:

Because unlike the false enthusiasm of Bangladesh & India, the Pakistani people and government prefer to accept ground realities.

I never claimed Pakistan is not a third world hellhole but don't advocate it to become an even worse hellhole. That is my argument.

Pakistan is heading to become the same filth that Bangladesh is if it does not prevent it's population from growing before it reaches the level of Bangladesh & India's density.

Because unlike the false enthusiasm of Bangladesh & India, the Pakistani people and government prefer to accept ground realities.

I never claimed Pakistan is not a third world hellhole but don't advocate it to become an even worse hellhole. That is my argument.

Pakistan is heading to become the same filth that Bangladesh is if it does not prevent it's population from growing before it reaches the level of Bangladesh & India's density.

No it's not.

Pakistan will see a decline in population growth for next few decades.

I really wish and hope that were true. Although the info coming out does not seem very good at all :-(

Info coming out from where? All indicators point towards slowing down.

Or do you have a real-time doomsday display like that in stock exchanges.

If this is some professional career choice of yours to be the Apostle of prophylactic wrapper association in Pakistan, you should strive to use more environmental friendlier means of procurement.

Info coming out from where? All indicators point towards slowing down.

Or do you have a real-time doomsday display like that in stock exchanges.

If this is some professional career choice of yours to be the Apostle of prophylactic wrapper association in Pakistan, you should strive to use more environmental friendlier means of procurement.

CIA factbook amongst others. Are the stats showing it to be heading below replacement rate? If so that's a sign of hope.🙏

CIA factbook amongst others. Are the stats showing it to be heading below replacement rate? If so that's a sign of hope.🙏

The stats may very well be signalling that we are sailing past the height of the curve.

You have all the rights and freedom of free will to choose to be optimistic. Its a deeply personal matter hence no judgement

Trustly, do you think the Pakistani government tells the truth? While as you claim, Bangladesh tells only lies. Lol

This country is turning out to be the worst decision in the subcontinent. Hoping the British come back and occupy Pakistan cause this is too much.

Since I need to try and attend a funeral tomorrow, I better to bed. But in the meantime this should be a feeder for you to keep your mentally nourished until tomorrow when we can carry on the discussion: https://en.prothomalo.com/opinion/op-ed/gdp-decided-first-calculations-done-later

I'll even quote some of it here and other stuff as well. Meanwhile don't think Arabs think any highly of Bangladeshis or Indians since they refer to them as "Misqin." You might even want to look at a post on the thread you and I fought side by side in.

Last edited:
That was my point. Pakistan had a larger GDP than Finland until the past few years. So what? That it was "ahead of Finland" until the past few years?

Bangladesh to Pakistan or any other country comparison is valid as long as truthful info is used. They can have all the investment they want.

Look at India. They've got plenty of foreign investment. But the fact is they also have more poverty than subsaharan Africa. They even were ranked as having more starvation.

Given their population size and much more limited space, I would believe that. So don't try to convince me based on oversimplifications.

Pakistan and Bangladesh are in the same neighborhood. they have population sizes close to each other. they happen to be part of the same country at one point

why bring in unrelated countries like Finland, NZ, Singapore into discussion ?

Population density. Less poor people. Less pollution. For example am I suppossed to believe more than 700 million Swedes defecate in the open since India has a higher GDP than Sweden; therefore "richer?"

Better post secondary education. I remember seeing a news report on Pakistani students stranded in bangladesh because of COVID. The Indians & Bangladeshis were mocking it, arguing now Pakistanis are studying in Bangladesh. It was then that a Pakistani responded pointing out that this was a funded program. Pakistan has more universities up to world standards than Bangladesh.

I don't necessarily care about GDP size. That comes later. We can see plenty of countries with smaller GDPs outclass countries with larger ones.

I care about a stable and steady economy. One that grows & declines at steady rates and remains sustainable.

Bangladesh has a lot of economic metrics in their favor compared to Pakistan

@ThunderCat
By what means is Bangladesh ahead? Better living conditions? Nope. Less overcrowding? Nope. Less pollution? Nope. Better healthcare? Nope. Better environment? The almost entirety of the country is one big slum lol. Better schools/universities? Nope. Their own students were studying in Pakistani universities. Better technology? Definitely nope.

Better infrastructure? Again aside from a few elite areas, the whole country is one giant slum.

Better transportation? A Bangladeshi on social media was bragging about Biman's fleet and inflight product over PIA's. The only thing he forgot to mention at the time of his post is that Biman's entire routes into Europe had ended, so no it does not fare better. But I agree national airline is not the only thing about transportation, but it's one major example.

Some phony Bangladeshi government sponsored/produced stats might argue better schooling, but we know better not to trust those, given much of the stats they publish has been questioned. Even the World Bank which our Bangladeshi friend here cited, itself questions Bangladeshi government sponsored stats.

The same World Bank that claimed India has more poverty than subsaharan Africa. This is despite being amongst the top five economies in the world.

Seeing the higher population density and lower resources than Africa, I am prepared to believe that. So tell me again that Pakistan has the poverty of India and Bangladesh.
@ThunderCat , can you kindly point to those metrics that show Pakistan is Ahead of BD at this current point of time?
I dont see any metric/ anything that has some strong calculations/numbers/data behind any of the reasoning above - its all what you want to believe in. which is fine.
and I also truly want to believe them -
just want to know what are your supporting statistics/metrics for the same

again - what metrics are you basing your argument on, to say that Pakistan is ahead of BD or Ind right now?

You don't see any mention of GDP?!? Take a trip a few posts back! The GDP argument was thrown at me numerous times. Only after I refuted it numerous times, were other arguments brought up.

The only inflated ego here is the false hope of butt-hurt Bangladeshi nationalists and some of their few confused parrots amongst the Pakistani elite liberal class. Most Pakistanis don't buy into this because it contradicts the ground realities.

If you bothered to look through this thread, this started when I warned against the population increase which has only brought disaster after disaster. He claimed not at all- just look at Bangladesh. Yeah, except that Bangladesh is even more screwed than Pakistan because of it's higher population density.

Apparently such arguments are bound to attract wishful Bangladeshis. No need to respond to respond to me with your strawman and false analogue arguments.

The pics I posted represent the filth that Bangladesh is and most of it looks like, despite attempting to cover with some comedic cherry-picked stats. Pakistan is overpopulated and has plenty of slums, but Bangladesh is covered with them.

Am I supposed to believe at that population density and level of poverty they are all but a percentage of the land mass? Give me a break.

Stop with your incessant lying. You are simply wasting everyone's time here.

Go back to Post number 20. You are the one who brought up GDP. Then again on Post 22 made a nonsense analysis about Bangladesh GDP compared with New Zealand GDP.

The member you were arguing with @PakFactor never once brought up GDP in his discussion prior to that post.

No one is claiming here Bangladesh has become a developed country or in the way of becoming one anytime soon. But that doesn't mean Bangladesh is a Sh*thole either. I absolutely do take offense at such disrespectful tone towards my country.

If you had a modicum of decency you wouldn't have called another country sh*thole.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230109-104244.png
    Screenshot_20230109-104244.png
    481.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
why bring in unrelated countries like Finland, NZ, Singapore into discussion ?

Okay so population does matter. Because this contradicts PakFactor's comments. Same neighborhood or not, economies are not necessity with standard of living.

To answer, I brought Singapore because Bangladeshi nationalists online claimed that they will become another Singapore. I argue it'll probably not happen.

New Zealand I brought up, because GDP was thrown at me two times to illustrate a bad conclusion.

Finland I brought up because Pakistan previously had a higher GDP than Finland, but I never believed Pakistan was more developed than Finland.

Last edited:
If your only defense is population and poverty, you have a lot to learn; you're the definition of the modern age Abu Jahil.

Regardless of those two to three items you keep repeating, all other metrics that matter towards economic productivity shows Bangladesh is ahead of Pakistan. So the case is closed, and UN, IMF, WB, and other institutional data show they are ahead.

Bangladesh Healthcare, according to the British Medical Journal The Lancet, shows Bangladesh Healthcare Access and Quality (HAQ) index increased from 17.8 in 1990 to 47.6 in 2016, while Pakistan's HAQ index was 26.8 in 1990 while 37.6 in 2016. They even ranked better than India.

Bangladesh is ahead of India and Pakistan in healthcare access (newagebd.net)

Crowding not much can be done due to what they've got a smaller landmass as a country; however, they are investing in vertical infrastructure and population control that's a family planning issue, and we've seen Chinese control, and the effect it's now having they will not have enough children born for replacement purposes and same with Japan.

Their schools are better, and as for them coming to Pakistan, even Pakistanis are going there, so it makes no difference; it's a useless item to argue over.

Better healthcare? They literally import surgical instruments, pharmaceuticals, machinery from Pakistan. On what data is this indexing based on? Some dubious surveys handed by the Bangladeshi government?

I think I already mentioned that Pakistani students going to Bangladesh was part of exchange programs. Pakistan even hosted Korean & Chinese students as exchange programs. Look at this comment that was posted in the attachments:

World Bank questions GDP growth rate https://thefinancialexpress.com.bd/economy/wb-questions-government-data-about-gdp-growth-1523276955

GDP figures questioned https://www.thedailystar.net/business/news/fiscal-2019-20s-gdp-figure-stretches-credulity-1946285

Same thing here https://www.newagebd.net/article/74842/gdp-growth-doubted-quality-questioned

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-05 300 Pakistani students stranded in Bangladesh cry out for help - Copy.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-05 300 Pakistani students stranded in Bangladesh cry out for help - Copy.png
    15 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2020-05-05 300 Pakistani students stranded in Bangladesh cry out for help(1).png
    Screenshot_2020-05-05 300 Pakistani students stranded in Bangladesh cry out for help(1).png
    19.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom