What's new

Pakistan economic crisis forces shopping malls and markets to close early

Look at other metrics as well, fool. That is what I'm saying. Across the board, Bangladesh is ahead of us. Even in literacy rate, they are 25% ahead of Pakistan. So GDP is but one factor. Your investment and utilization of manpower have been an utter failure in the last 75 years.

No matter how you try to skin this cat, Pakistan is and will always remain a failure due to its political setup and the as* clowns of a population we have.

Arguing for the sake of arguing isn't going to get you anywhere; and try and think more broadly then being a line reader.
I don't believe Pakistan will fail! You should smile in the dark because a new day is coming and the dawn is coming. A man learns to be brave in the face of despair.
Pakistan is a big country. It lacks manufacturing technology and requires a lot of money to complete the industrialization of the country. It's money and technology, and a firm government. As long as the Pakistani people are united and brave. China is confident in helping Pakistan become a rich and powerful country.
It doesn't matter if you don't believe it now. In 2026, China mid-range chips can be independently produced. The gap between gdp and US is very small. Gwadar port was a success. Who else doesn't believe it?

Last edited:
This is the original post which hurt your over inflated ego and which prompted you calling Bangladesh a "sh*thole". I don't see mention of any GDP there. So I am not sure what you are talking about. Just admit you learned something new about economics today that you had no clue about.

Also - I can also google search picture of "Pakistan Slum Dirty" and come up with thousands of pictures. But I don't intend to stoop to your low level.

You don't see any mention of GDP?!? Take a trip a few posts back! The GDP argument was thrown at me numerous times. Only after I refuted it numerous times, were other arguments brought up.

The only inflated ego here is the false hope of butt-hurt Bangladeshi nationalists and some of their few confused parrots amongst the Pakistani elite liberal class. Most Pakistanis don't buy into this because it contradicts the ground realities.

If you bothered to look through this thread, this started when I warned against the population increase which has only brought disaster after disaster. He claimed not at all- just look at Bangladesh. Yeah, except that Bangladesh is even more screwed than Pakistan because of it's higher population density.

Apparently such arguments are bound to attract wishful Bangladeshis. No need to respond to respond to me with your strawman and false analogue arguments.

The pics I posted represent the filth that Bangladesh is and most of it looks like, despite attempting to cover with some comedic cherry-picked stats. Pakistan is overpopulated and has plenty of slums, but Bangladesh is covered with them.

Am I supposed to believe at that population density and level of poverty they are all but a percentage of the land mass? Give me a break.

Last edited:
you still havent given the metrics that show Pak is ahead of BD (or Ind) in today's situation.

By what means is Bangladesh ahead? Better living conditions? Nope. Less overcrowding? Nope. Less pollution? Nope. Better healthcare? Nope. Better environment? The almost entirety of the country is one big slum lol. Better schools/universities? Nope. Their own students were studying in Pakistani universities. Better technology? Definitely nope.

Better infrastructure? Again aside from a few elite areas, the whole country is one giant slum.

Better transportation? A Bangladeshi on social media was bragging about Biman's fleet and inflight product over PIA's. The only thing he forgot to mention at the time of his post is that Biman's entire routes into Europe had ended, so no it does not fare better. But I agree national airline is not the only thing about transportation, but it's one major example.

Some phony Bangladeshi government sponsored/produced stats might argue better schooling, but we know better not to trust those, given much of the stats they publish has been questioned. Even the World Bank which our Bangladeshi friend here cited, itself questions Bangladeshi government sponsored stats.

The same World Bank that claimed India has more poverty than subsaharan Africa. This is despite being amongst the top five economies in the world.

Seeing the higher population density and lower resources than Africa, I am prepared to believe that. So tell me again that Pakistan has the poverty of India and Bangladesh.

Last edited:
By what means is Bangladesh ahead? Better living conditions? Nope. Less overcrowding? Nope. Less pollution? Nope. Better healthcare? Nope. Better environment? The almost entirety of the country is one big slum lol. Better schools/universities? Nope. Their own students were studying in Pakistani universities. Better technology? Definitely nope.

Better infrastructure? Again aside from a few elite areas, the whole country is one giant slum.

Better transportation? A Bangladeshi on social media was bragging about Biman's fleet and inflight product over PIA's. The only thing he forgot to mention at the time of his post is that Biman's entire routes into Europe had ended, so no it does not fare better. But I agree national airline is not the only thing about transportation, but it's one major example.

Some phony Bangladeshi government sponsored/produced stats might argue better schooling, but we know better not to trust those, given much of the stats they publish has been questioned. Even the World Bank which our Bangladeshi friend here cited, itself questions Bangladeshi government sponsored stats.

The same World Bank that claimed India has more poverty than subsaharan Africa. This is despite being amongst the top five economies in the world.

Seeing the higher population density and lower resources than Africa, I am prepared to believe that. So tell me again that Pakistan has the poverty of India and Bangladesh.

If your only defense is population and poverty, you have a lot to learn; you're the definition of the modern age Abu Jahil.

Regardless of those two to three items you keep repeating, all other metrics that matter towards economic productivity shows Bangladesh is ahead of Pakistan. So the case is closed, and UN, IMF, WB, and other institutional data show they are ahead.

Bangladesh Healthcare, according to the British Medical Journal The Lancet, shows Bangladesh Healthcare Access and Quality (HAQ) index increased from 17.8 in 1990 to 47.6 in 2016, while Pakistan's HAQ index was 26.8 in 1990 while 37.6 in 2016. They even ranked better than India.

Bangladesh is ahead of India and Pakistan in healthcare access (newagebd.net)

Crowding not much can be done due to what they've got a smaller landmass as a country; however, they are investing in vertical infrastructure and population control that's a family planning issue, and we've seen Chinese control, and the effect it's now having they will not have enough children born for replacement purposes and same with Japan.

Their schools are better, and as for them coming to Pakistan, even Pakistanis are going there, so it makes no difference; it's a useless item to argue over.

Technology, wtf Pakistan has that you can brag about? During the recent floods, your country couldn't manufacture fly nets, and you had to import from India, Lol.

The airline PIA sold it once valuable routes to Turkey, and Turkey is now earning handsomely from it; you're selling your embassy building and a luxury hotel. This damn country can't run an effing hotel.

One poster showed my initial message, whereas I never brought up GDP. It was you to twist things, yet you still failed; I wonder if you had the same teachers as Ishaq Dar. Lol

you still havent given the metrics that show Pak is ahead of BD (or Ind) in today's situation.

It's cause that Phuddu has no stats. Nothing he's shown backs him up; he mentioned the health care of Bangladesh. Yet, according to British Medical Journal, it's ahead of Pakistan and India.

He's wasted his parent's money on his education.

The only thing Pakistan is ahead of Bangladesh is remittance, Lol. That is not surprising, considering Arabs in the Gulf are called Pakistani's Miskeen.

Last edited:
If your only defense is population and poverty, you have a lot to learn; you're the definition of the modern age Abu Jahil.
Regardless of those two to three items you keep repeating, all other metrics that matter towards economic productivity shows Bangladesh is ahead of Pakistan. So the case is closed, and UN, IMF, WB, and other institutional data show they are ahead.

One poster showed my initial message, whereas I never brought up GDP. It was you to twist things, yet you still failed; I wonder if you had the same teachers as Ishaq Dar. Lol

As I wrote economic productivity is not a proof of prosperity, Otherwise India is well ahead of Sweden according to you. Do you know why the Chinese government implemented a one-child policy? It is for the exact reasons I am arguing here.

Never mind what people cry about the demographic gap. That is there and is for reasons that the Chinese government did not adjust the policy accordingly over time. But regardless of that, they saved China from becoming another hell on Earth like India and Bangladesh.

So see all those poor people living in dirty poor conditions in Bangladesh and you cover it up with a few cherry-picked stats, many of them even fictional.

Like the one claiming Bangladesh has 25% higher literacy. I'm sorry I had to laugh at that one. :rofl:

Now after claiming the poverty, overcrowding, hygiene, pollution, gutter infrastructure, joke of a school system don't matter when comparing countries, we must really wonder who the real Abu Jahill here is.

You and our Bangladeshi friend posted the World Bank as a source. Do you want me to post what they state about India & Bangladesh?

Another poster here complained that GDP of Bangladesh cannot be compared to New Zealand as the population sizes don't match- and I agree. That is the crux of my whole argument.

It is for that reason New Zealand is a far more cleaner, prosperous, healthier, sustainable, educated, modernized and everything compared to the gutter Bangladesh.

Note that those same stats claimed Bangladesh has a higher growing income per capita and lower unemployment rate than New Zealand. If true, would that make Bangladesh better than New Zealand?

Probably not in my lifetime, if ever.

Being unemployed in New Zealand is still a privilege rather than being resident of one of the world's poorest countries.

Last edited:
Pakistan is on the path of collapse.

As I wrote economic productivity is not a proof of prosperity, Otherwise India is well ahead of Sweden according to you. Do you know why the Chinese government implemented a one-child policy? It is for the exact reasons I am arguing here.

Never mind what people cry about the demographic gap. That is there and is for reasons that the Chinese government did not adjust the policy accordingly over time. But regardless of that, they saved China from becoming another hell on Earth like India and Bangladesh.

So see all those poor people living in dirty poor conditions in Bangladesh and you cover it up with a few cherry-picked stats, many of them even fictional.

Like the one claiming Bangladesh has 25% higher literacy. I'm sorry I had to laugh at that one. :rofl:

Now after claiming the poverty, overcrowding, hygiene, pollution, gutter infrastructure, joke of a school system don't matter when comparing countries, we must really wonder who the real Abu Jahill here is.

You and our Bangladeshi friend posted the World Bank as a source. Do you want me to post what they state about India & Bangladesh?

Another poster here complained that GDP of Bangladesh cannot be compared to New Zealand as the population sizes don't match- and I agree. That is the crux of my whole argument.

It is for that reason New Zealand is a far more cleaner, prosperous, healthier, sustainable, educated, modernized and everything compared to the gutter Bangladesh.

Note that those same stats claimed Bangladesh has a higher growing income per capita and lower unemployment rate than New Zealand. If true, would that make Bangladesh better than New Zealand?

Probably not in my lifetime, if ever.

I love how you skipped health care after I refuted you there. I do not care what they say about India and Bangladesh because this is a comparison of a failed state called Pakistan and Bangladesh.

I'll provide you Pakistan News stat's between the two countries.

- The literacy rate of Bangladesh is 74.68% - Pakistan has 68%.
Bangladesh and Pakistan (nation.com.pk)

- Moreover, the average lifetime of Pakistani is 67 years, and Bangladesh is again on top having 72 years

For being a poor and dirty country with a longer life span than you, they beat you here again.

You said, "Now, after claiming the poverty, overcrowding, hygiene, pollution, gutter infrastructure, joke of a school system don't matter when comparing countries, we must really wonder who the real Abu Jahill here is."
Now, where did I make that assertion or statement? In my previous posts, I mentioned they are improving infrastructure with vertical development and said they have a better school system.

Again you are acting like a rabid dog; whereas I've provided numbers, you have nothing to show except verbal diarrhea, but this is a disease all useless Pakistanis have.

Instead of yapping, provide metrics top-down and tell me where Pakistan is ahead of Bangladesh!

It cites the World Bank and others: https://blogs.worldbank.org/opendata/half-world-s-poor-live-just-5-countries

Of the world’s 736 million extreme poor in 2015, 368 million—half of the total—lived in just 5 countries. The 5 countries with the highest number of extreme poor are (in descending order): India, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, and Bangladesh. They also happen to be the most populous countries of South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa, the two regions that together account for 85 percent (629 million) of the world’s poor. Therefore, to make significant continued progress towards the global target of reducing extreme poverty (those living on less than $1.90 a day) to less than 3 percent by 2030, large reductions in poverty in these five countries will be crucial.

I love how you skipped health care after I refuted you there. I do not care what they say about India and Bangladesh because this is a comparison of a failed state called Pakistan and Bangladesh.

I'll provide you Pakistan News stat's between the two countries.

- The literacy rate of Bangladesh is 74.68% - Pakistan has 68%.

- Moreover, the average lifetime of Pakistani is 67 years, and Bangladesh is again on top having 72 years

For being a poor and dirty country that has a longer life span, than you, here again, they beat you.

You said, "Now, after claiming the poverty, overcrowding, hygiene, pollution, gutter infrastructure, joke of a school system don't matter when comparing countries, we must really wonder who the real Abu Jahill here is."
Now, where did I make that assertion or statement?

Instead of yapping, provide metrics top-down and tell me where Pakistan is ahead of Bangladesh!

Wait, doesn't this contradict your earlier claim of 25% higher literacy rate than Bangladesh? 🫡

It cites the World Bank and others: https://blogs.worldbank.org/opendata/half-world-s-poor-live-just-5-countries

Of the world’s 736 million extreme poor in 2015, 368 million—half of the total—lived in just 5 countries. The 5 countries with the highest number of extreme poor are (in descending order): India, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, and Bangladesh. They also happen to be the most populous countries of South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa, the two regions that together account for 85 percent (629 million) of the world’s poor. Therefore, to make significant continued progress towards the global target of reducing extreme poverty (those living on less than $1.90 a day) to less than 3 percent by 2030, large reductions in poverty in these five countries will be crucial.

Wait, doesn't this contradict your earlier claim of 25% higher literacy rate than Bangladesh? 🫡

Multiple sites show literacy rates between 20-25% -- such as this: Bangladesh compared to Pakistan (mylifeelsewhere.com)
As I mentioned, I provided you with a Pakistani source to ease your mind. Lol.

Your journalists say you are stupid. Lol

Please continue your verbal diarrhea while you have 1/3 of your country underwater and PM & COAS on a begging bowl tour. Lol

I'm in Pakistan living & visiting shopping Malls every other day.

This is not a sustainable lifestyle unless you enjoy privileges of hailing from the upper elite spectrum of society.

Pakistani society cannot be weaned off the 80s 90s new world concept of urban living with cosmetic efforts at austerity.

India has more poverty than Subsaharan Africa according to United Nations (UN):

Back
Top Bottom