What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

block 52 will come this year or next, but i want some news on our current f-16s!
when is TAI gonna start to upgrade em? did PAF already send a f-16 to TAI??
so many questions~!
i want some answers people! xD

block 52 will come this year or next, but i want some news on our current f-16s!
when is TAI gonna start to upgrade em? did PAF already send a f-16 to TAI??
so many questions~!
i want some answers people! xD

the contract says the MLU will take 46 months to complete starting from October-2010 - now you do your sums - MLU is not a 'paint-job', it is a complete 'overhaul' of the a/c. AFAIK, the blk-15OCUs will go in batches of 6 to TAI, and at the same time, the PAF wants to ensure that 'replacement' a/c are available so that there is no drop-off in the peace-time prepardness.

the contract says the MLU will take 46 months to complete starting from October-2010 - now you do your sums - MLU is not a 'paint-job', it is a complete 'overhaul' of the a/c. AFAIK, the blk-15OCUs will go in batches of 6 to TAI, and at the same time, the PAF wants to ensure that 'replacement' a/c are available so that there is no drop-off in the peace-time prepardness.

well thats exactly what i am asking!
did PAF send them already?(because its october already) and if not then when?

I wonder if the ones coming to us this month the new block 52's will be single seaters or twin?

Hi, i have a question about PAF targeting pods... I've seen in youtube a video of a PAF operation against taliban, the aircrafets were using laser guided bombs, i know that t targeting pod used was french, but i am not quite sur wiche one was..

It could be an ATLIS II, but some images were infrared and ATLIS lacks any night capability... coud it be a Thales Damocles? o mayber a Mirage ROSE?

Hi, i have a question about PAF targeting pods... I've seen in youtube a video of a PAF operation against taliban, the aircrafets were using laser guided bombs, i know that t targeting pod used was french, but i am not quite sur wiche one was..

It could be an ATLIS II, but some images were infrared and ATLIS lacks any night capability... coud it be a Thales Damocles? o mayber a Mirage ROSE?

Pakistan has ATLIS II as well as some Sniper XR pods were given on emergency basis to be used on the EDA provided F-16s, plus by now all the 18 ordered Sniper XR pods may have been handed over to the PAF.

Here, read the article, PAF ordered the Sniper pods in 2006, with deliveries starting by 2008 and the pictures of the precision strikes that you saw happened after we got deliveries of the Sniper XR pod.

http://www.f-16.net/news_article2333.html

Thus most probably, these pods were used in these strikes.

I didn't knew that PAF had Sniper pod, thanks for the info!

The footage i saw was from Swat airstrikes in 2009, by the FLIR symbology you could realize that it was french, but some images were infrared, as far as i know ATLIS II has only a daylight TV camera.. maybe it was recorded from Mirage III ROSE FLIR.. do you know if the Mirages participitad in those airstrikes?

I didn't knew that PAF had Sniper pod, thanks for the info!

The footage i saw was from Swat airstrikes in 2009, by the FLIR symbology you could realize that it was french, but some images were infrared, as far as i know ATLIS II has only a daylight TV camera.. maybe it was recorded from Mirage III ROSE FLIR.. do you know if the Mirages participitad in those airstrikes?

Well Mirages have been taking part in the air strikes, but which ones were used in which campaign is hard to tell.

Plus, the video seems to be from targeting pods which can move around, the Mirage ROSE upgraded ones i believe don't have moving / stabilized targeting pod, rather they are something else.

This most probably these are the Sniper pods or some other one may be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom