What's new

Pakistan Going For J-11?

@Husnain 0099
i am not against PN buying J11 or JH7. my point, as mentioned by Fatman17 as well, was money, which we do not have at the moment and especially with the procurement and other projects (JF17, frigates, subs, J10 may be etc) going on, it seems that getting new type of aircraft with twin engines is not an option open for us right now. but if PN somehow can opt for procuremnet of J11 or JH7 right now it is the best choice but otherwise we can hope for as early as possibe.

regards

sincerely
if PN is thinking about it then there must be some money available for it aswell we dont dream for nothing do we?

@Husain0099
as i mentioned already in my previous post, now it is he best choice if PN can afford otherwise sooner the better.
you are right we dont dream for nothing but all of our dreams coming true is not a compulsion. as far as i am concerned, my best wishes are with PN and pak forces, i hope they can make some funds available to start this project soon.

regards

sincerely

the J-11 is not in PAF plans for the near to med term (2010-2015) - it has no mention by any PAF top brass anywhere - its going to be F-16s Blk-52, F-16s Blk 30s (upgraded), JF-17s and FC-20s in this time-frame, which IMHO is a lot if the PAF manages all the time-lines!

U guys can discuss the J-11 all u want!

Right sir! but has any one given a thought what happens if Uncle SAM thinks Pakistan is no longer needed and hence no need for the block-52.
Do you think J-11 could fit in if such a situation ever arises. Even ex-PAF pilots such as Jabar sir ant really optimistic of the block-52 coming to Pakistan.

Right sir! but has any one given a thought what happens if Uncle SAM thinks Pakistan is no longer needed and hence no need for the block-52.
Do you think J-11 could fit in if such a situation ever arises. Even ex-PAF pilots such as Jabar sir ant really optimistic of the block-52 coming to Pakistan.

I even read sir murad mentioning that J-11 is some force to recon if PAF would get its hands on this bird IAF will have a point in mind,"They have a serious striker in their Camp"
At sea J-11 will not only be handy against Ships but also areal threats posed in IN and when coupled with E-2 Hawkeyes you never know. I have a sneaky feeling that PN is gradually moving towads J-11s.Like better air cover on our waters ASW and Sea warfare will be much more easy

I even read sir murad mentioning that J-11 is some force to recon if PAF would get its hands on this bird IAF will have a point in mind,"They have a serious striker in their Camp"
At sea J-11 will not only be handy against Ships but also areal threats posed in IN and when coupled with E-2 Hawkeyes you never know. I have a sneaky feeling that PN is gradually moving towads J-11s.Like better air cover on our waters ASW and Sea warfare will be much more easy

Yes even i remember that post. Well lets hope that maybe the case as you just mentioned J-11 will indeed be a force to reckon with coupled with E-2s.

Nevermind...India will lose patience first because of the depleting force levels and the delay in the induction of LCA. The MiG 21s are underging retirements so expect the MRCA deal to come out soon. The F 18 has taken to the skies and I guess by 2012 the winner will be declared. Unless and ubtil some great miracle happens and DRDO is given to some big corporate LCA induction before 2012 is impossible.
i never meant to say Losing patience first in an insulting tone, i hope you got my message the right way friend.
however we cannot neglect the fact that the delay game has been here and now the side to chose there future procurement after the other will definetly be at advantage to evaluate there decesion in a better way but at the same time getying the final deleiveries at almost the same time without much difference!

anyhow the indians are also not going to finalize it any time sooner then somewhere in 2012-2013!!

regards!

i never meant to say Losing patience first in an insulting tone, i hope you got my message the right way friend.
however we cannot neglect the fact that the delay game has been here and now the side to chose there future procurement after the other will definetly be at advantage to evaluate there decesion in a better way but at the same time getying the final deleiveries at almost the same time without much difference!

anyhow the indians are also not going to finalize it any time sooner then somewhere in 2012-2013!!

regards!

IAF will not sit quiet and wait for PAF to make a move historically IAF has been the first one ahead with exception of falcons for PAF so with SH in India coupled with fast depletion of fighters IAF will have to make a move

IAF will not sit quiet and wait for PAF to make a move historically IAF has been the first one ahead with exception of falcons for PAF so with SH in India coupled with fast depletion of fighters IAF will have to make a move
well its a different story now,,
i dont mean they will wait for PAF to get something and go for its counter but still they will wait for something to be finalized. finalized if not physical but atleast as far as options are concerned. for example after the specs of FC20 will surface, anyone wil go for its counter as PAF will surely go for it sooner or latter! i mean waithing of this kind to get some intel about future programme specs and boy it will be waiting for Good!!
i hope you understand it,,

regards!

well its a different story now,,
i dont mean they will wait for PAF to get something and go for its counter but still they will wait for something to be finalized. finalized if not physical but atleast as far as options are concerned. for example after the specs of FC20 will surface, anyone wil go for its counter as PAF will surely go for it sooner or latter! i mean waithing of this kind to get some intel about future programme specs and boy it will be waiting for Good!!
i hope you understand it,,

regards!

Yeah but IAF can afford to be outpatient as it has a good fighter base and with future procurement SH seems an obvious choice despite the US factor

Haven't the block-52 deliveries already started?
In any case the deal is already finalized isn't it atleast for the first 18 F-16s?

In any case the deal is already finalized isn't it atleast for the first 18 F-16s?
You never know Yankees.We have good experience with them:rofl:

The deal could be off at any moment even when the F-16s are ready to be handed over to PAF.Has happened once and we did not even get our money back rather was adjusted in rice or wheat and moreover we were made to pay the parking fees for those F-16s.:disagree:

Last edited:
after F-18 they have the same :D

and about the Russian factor in case of J-11s will they let this deal happen?
well Russia can do only one thing in this case......................Stop the engine supply..........Since Pakistan is not a direct Russian market so logically Russian should not have any objections and reservations on this issue......they can not sell anything to Pakistan because it will distort one of their biggest buyers....India.........if China sells J-11 to Pakistan..........India will make hue and cry..........as it always does....can't help itself:coffee:................but only factor where India can try to influence the deal is asking the Russians to stop AL-31F to PAF but the reason for FC-20 delay (which uses the same engine) also seems the wait for WS-10A; Chinese equivalent of AL-31F.But reports also indicate the Russia has cleared the sale of AL-31F to PAF also so No chance for India to stop this.....:yahoo:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom