What's new

Pakistan must stop atrocities in Balochistan:Asma Jehangir

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good way to disengage from an argument you can't sustain, use the "Poor Me" card.

I havent engaged in this conversation at all.. Open a separate thread to talk about Indian insurgencies or use the existing one. Why are you trying to hide behind events in India to avoid looking at the ones happening in Pakistan?

I havent engaged in this conversation at all.. Open a separate thread to talk about Indian insurgencies or use the existing one. Why are you trying to hide behind events in India to avoid looking at the ones happening in Pakistan?

If you take the time to go through the entire thread, you will see how we got to this discussion. Just because the topic does not say:
"Insurgencies in India"
Doesn't mean that we will be condemned to hell if we do discuss it. It is the nature of the conversation to evolve, you'll learn soon enough.
Meanwhile post about, engage in fruitful discussions, learn something, teach some and have a good time!
Cheers,

He was refuting an accusation of posting something without doing research. He shuts the likes of you up and then you accuse him to be off topic - post relevant to the thread or shush..

This was the 1st off topic post by Mr Think Tank that started off the talk about posting without research. Looks like diverting the topic away from problems of Pakistan has been added to the role description of think tanks.. If yes, then you guys are doing an awesome job at that ;)

India should set the precedent by exiting the Seven Sister States, Tamil Nadu, Bengal, Jharkhand, Arrunachul Pradesh and Punjab. Since these areas have also been plagued by varying degrees insurgencies since India's independence. India can't achieve anything in these areas.

Why are you jumping from thread to thread attempting to moderate the site. You are not a mod - post and be merry.

Am I.. I thought I was just pointing out the trolling done by the Think Tanks to the Mods...;)

If you take the time to go through the entire thread, you will see how we got to this discussion. Just because the topic does not say:
"Insurgencies in India"
Doesn't mean that we will be condemned to hell if we do discuss it. It is the nature of the conversation to evolve, you'll learn soon enough.
Meanwhile post about, engage in fruitful discussions, learn something, teach some and have a good time!
Cheers,

But then why are Indian members banned when they try to EVOLVE the discussion ?? :)

Hypocrisy much ??

Atrocities By Pakistan, No recent news about anything related with even paramilitary from balochistan so wats the point towards that old Duck tries to highlight? Oh Yup! she is human right activist and a lawyer ,and President of Bar association, May be former president.. But I can't see any effort that has done by lawyer's association for a common citizen during his presidential period, those are even under their approach.. Niether Asma jahangir done anything for a common person other then of giving few statements.. Statements are culture of any democratic nation whether you like it or not. whether they are true or false... They are just statements.

This was the 1st off topic post by Mr Think Tank that started off the talk about posting without research. Looks like diverting the topic away from problems of Pakistan has been added to the role description of think tanks.. If yes, then you guys are doing an awesome job at that ;)

You are entitled to an opinion. I respect that.

Am I.. I thought I was just pointing out the trolling done by the Think Tanks to the Mods...;)

That's your right, exercise it.

But then why are Indian members banned when they try to EVOLVE the discussion ?? :)

I have a number of Indian friends on this forum who have been on longer than I have, they haven't been banned. Evolve the discussion all you want under limits and no one can ban you.

Hypocrisy much ??

A matter of perception, I can't help someone suffering from an inferiority complex and having a nervous breakdown at the same time.

BTW this whole episode began when Machete was speaking of how the UN must support the breakaway of Balochistan, I don't see that in the title but he's still not banned, you see me complaining?

You are entitled to an opinion. I respect that.
Thanks

That's your right, exercise it.
Thanks again :)

I have a number of Indian friends on this forum who have been on longer than I have, they haven't been banned. Evolve the discussion all you want under limits and no one can ban you.
May be my first impressions are wrong.. But I guess on a forum you gotta share them and allow them to evolve with further experiences ;)

A matter of perception, I can't help someone suffering from an inferiority complex and having a nervous breakdown at the same time.
See.. You almost made it to the end of the post without switching to the true form .. May be better luck next time :D

On-Topic:- Balochistan problem are triggered by sense of self-deprivation and infact even Pakistani politicians claim there is killing going on in Balochistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
its pakistani matter, we dont like to engage in assam,kashmir,khalistan issue or hundreds of separatist movements,so please stay out of our business, you are in position either ethics ormanner to judge on that

she is same as arundhati roy, she meets with bal thakerey, what do you wanna hear?

Don't compare our bit## with Asma jehangir. Let me tell you why.

A Roy advocates Azadi of kashmir, where as Asham talked about problem. In her interview/debate she never told that Baloch has right of separation. She is talking about CBMs to bring Balochs in main stream.

How can she be equated with traitor like A Roy?
Her views

Kashmir has never been part of India: Arundhati Roy
According to her, the rallies were a sign that Kashmiris desire secession from India, and not union with India.

Asma's view

Pak Must Stop Atrocities in Balochistan: Asma Jehangir
"I think that the government (of Pakistan) has to put its act together. First of all, the atrocities which are very tragic, which are hair-raising have to stop,"

use your brain guys.

1) Tamil Nadu was the centre of the Tamil Liberation Movt of the LTTE India. They assassinated Rajiv Gandhi after which there was a heavy crackdown against them. Remember?
2) Pakistan has not used the military in Balochistan, so your argument is flawed or your defence. Decide which one.

Get your facts right, much of the army has been pulled from FATA only a small strength is mantained in Swat and SWA. All other agencies are under control of the FC which is NOT the Army. The rest of the argument is left void after this lapse of research.

Very well said except for the fact that there is no Army in Balochistan! They used to occupy two Garrisons in the entire province and now even Sui garrison has been converted into an educational complex!

Think TANK... :help: :help: :help: :help:
I will suggest you to spend couple of more years on PDF to get the facts right.

Think TANK... :help: :help: :help: :help:

Dont bother with this so called "Think Tank" :hang2: He will start talking about Indian insurgencies even if the topic is about fruitcakes.

On Topic: History seems to be repeated.

1) She was against Pakistani military action in Bangladesh
2) She was called a traitor
3) Bangladesh had enough of the atrocities and decided to separate

1) She is against Pakistani military action in Balochistan
2) People are calling her a traitor
3) ____________________ (You can fill in the banks your self :P )

Thanks

Thanks again :)

May be my first impressions are wrong.. But I guess on a forum you gotta share them and allow them to evolve with further experiences ;)

See.. You almost made it to the end of the post without switching to the true form .. May be better luck next time :D

Why dont you assist in the quality on the forum by saying something on topic? Its frustrating to watch someone thats more intrigued in pointing off topic things - rather defeats the object.
Look i dont want you to get banned then relaunch a new ID like you did in January as it must get time consuming to do this every other month.
Say something on topic or stop trolling and pretending to be a Mod - which you may be infatuated with but remember your on beautiful PDF - Perhaps you should migrate you quality - or lack of it onto IDF as you then can attempt to be a mod.

Wish anything that you guys brought to the table with hard core evidence as regards to Balochistan. Granted there are issues - but where in the world is there a fault free zone?

I don't even know why pdf allows this anti Pakistani propaganda from Pakistan's enemies on our site. Because all it is is propaganda granted it is propaganda that is getting some of our banned and reincarnated Indian flags a bit of excitement. Suppose the site must be congratulated for allowing Indians a bit of excitement they dont have much else to be excited about when they look at their own woes. America and her proxy are telling lies which is second nature to them. (eg WMD Iraq). facts are an optional extra which they think they can ignore.

Pakistani resources are equally distributed and the economic mess is the work of politicians and terrorists in the province. The myth of victimisation of our Pakistani Baloch in their homeland, Pakistan is just that a myth similar to the myth that India is incredible and shining.

This propaganda is used to weaken us and mislead our young Pakistani Baloch. To start, the myth revolves around the idea that Pakistani Baloch are or were deprived of state resources and were not allowed to manage their affairs. How Pakistani Balochis received an unfair deal is never spelled out in any detail. But the accusation is made with little evidence to back it up.

1. Balochistan receives 9% of state resources. With less than five per cent of Pakistan's population.

2. Balochistan resources are used in the same way that resources of all other provinces are used. The rules for this are in the Constitution and are same for all the provinces. If the provincial govt feels the rules are not fair they can approach the Supreme Court with evidence. This is has never been done cos there is no evidence.

3. Balochistan province lags behind in the areas of security, education, healthcare and jobs. All of these fall under the the provincial government, which has always been run by Baloch politicians. If blame is to be assigned it should on persons that have ruled the province as representatives of the Pakistani Baloch.

4. Terrorists encouraged by our enemies like India have destroyed Balochistan’s economy. By resorting to terrorism a few traitors killed or scared away most of the teachers, doctors and professional.

Both Baloch and non-Baloch professional Pakistanis avoid the province thanks to these terrorists. No person is going to even think of making an investment in the province in the conditions that these terrorists have created. Business closures and prospects for the future are less. Even I was thinking of buying some plots of land near gwador but am reluctant to cos of security issues

This is not the work of the rest of the country Punjab etc. This is the creation of these terrorists who also happen to be sons of two or three tribal chiefs.

Pakistani Baloch must open their eyes to the fact that the people who have done this are enemies. Those who have sold themselves to foreign governments. The rest are too gullible or ill-informed and have fallen prey to a false sense of injustice which is not helping the cause of Balochistan province or of Pakistan.

What needs to be done is to eliminate the ones causing this mess and show all and sundry the truth.

It would be really interesting to see the spin that the mod team puts on to justify the evolution of a Balochistan thread to insurgencies in India :D

Dont bother with this so called "Think Tank" :hang2: He will start talking about Indian insurgencies even if the topic is about fruitcakes.

Is that what is burning you. Your own problems and insurgencies in India.

I am able to confirm that the following is not happening in Balochistan Pakistan:

Armed Conflicts in India

Almost every state has separatist movements, many of them armed. A large number of Muslims were killed in the past few years across the country and the numbers are on a steady rise. On top of that India has become a paraya for its neighbours. None of its neighbours appreciate their closeness to India and they all blame it for meddling in their affairs.

63 per cent of India’s new budget will go to the military, police, administration and debt service (2008-09). The military might of centric Hindu elites in Delhi isolated people of Jammu & Kashmir and the northeastern states. It is difficult for any community to feel part of a larger country when the armed forces of the country are deployed to silence them.

According to an Indian official report , 165 of India’s 602 districts — mostly in states like Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Orissa, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh — are “badly affected” by tribal and dalit violence, which government termed as “Maoist terror”. India’s military spending was recorded at US $21.7 billion in 2006 and it planned to spend $26.5 billion during 2008/09 financial year. 85 percent of the Army’s budget is spent on the enormous manpower of 1,316,000, which is the fourth largest in the world.

India experienced a rapid increase in demand for security in the period following the Mumbai attacks. Thanks to terrorism imports by world’s weapon industry! India is now one of the world’s most terror-prone countries, with a death toll second only to Iraq, says a report from the National Counter terrorism Center in Washington. India’s crime rates, already some of the highest in the world, are also rising, as is the incidence of corporate espionage. Approximately 5.5 million private security guards employed by about 15,000 security companies in India. As an industry,it is now the country’s largest corporate taxpayer. (CAPSI report)

In 2005, Business Week reported that India became Israel’s largest importer of weapons, accounting for about half of the $3.6 billion worth of weapons exported by the Jewish state.

“Do remember that 34 years ago, NSG was created by Americans. Hence it has been their onus to convince the group to grant the waiver to India to carry out the multi-billion dollar business as India is a large market,” says former Atomic Energy Commission chairman, Mr P K Iyengar.

We must be happy that the above is not what is happening in Balochistan in Pakistan

Why dont you assist in the quality on the forum by saying something on topic? Its frustrating to watch someone thats more intrigued in pointing off topic things - rather defeats the object.

Isnt it a little funny that you are blaming someone who is pointing out an infraction rather than looking at your think tank team that is continuously going off topic..

Look i dont want you to get banned then relaunch a new ID like you did in January as it must get time consuming to do this every other month.
:lol: Stooping to personal attacks now :D

Say something on topic or stop trolling and pretending to be a Mod - which you may be infatuated with but remember your on beautiful PDF - Perhaps you should migrate you quality - or lack of it onto IDF as you then can attempt to be a mod.
How can a newbie like me pretend to be like the esteemed moderators of this forum. I have yet too inexperienced in the art of hypocrisy to aspire for that position :D

Wish anything that you guys brought to the table with hard core evidence as regards to Balochistan. Granted there are issues - but where in the world is there a fault free zone?

See its not too tough to stay on topic if you try hard enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom