What's new

Pakistan Ranks High on Happy Planet Index 2012

ExpressTribune must be kidding here or the news could be some sort of sarcasm. Go look out the people waiting outside the US, UK, UAE etc embassies... what for? They're not happy here.
They are happy for they might get a chance to get out...............:)

ExpressTribune must be kidding here or the news could be some sort of sarcasm. Go look out the people waiting outside the US, UK, UAE etc embassies... what for? They're not happy here.

Do Dawn and Express Tribune belong to the same country?

From a recent thread: http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...ani-youth-take-spouse-visa-route-success.html

Frustrated by the economic and political instability and limited opportunities within their own country, Pakistani men and women are seeking refuge in other countries through any means.

I think this is our "nonserious" attitude towards life.

But why are Pakistanis happy , i mean afterall all this mess , i thought the results would have been quite different :what:

We are Just a Very Tolerant Nation.

But why are Pakistanis happy , i mean afterall all this mess , i thought the results would have been quite different :what:

I guess this is what they consider normal . It may be abnormal for much of the rest of the world though .:P

But it is a good thing for India if they continue begin happy in their current state .

This is where you are acutely wrong, or shall we say, victim of your own media. What mess are you exactly talking about,? . Contrary to your beliefs, there are no suicide bombers running up and down every avenue in Pakistan and bearded Mullahs don't exactly go around beating up young trend setters.

I think this is our "nonserious" attitude towards life.

We are Just a Very Tolerant Nation.

rofl_sealCopia.jpg

-------

congrats to fellow Pakistanis.

@ index A little discontent is good,not much though.It keeps the spirit going,striving for more,doing better.If one becomes content and satisfied,with whatever he has,then,one way to look at it is he has achieved all that he wants and another way to look at it is he stops wanting anything else and further development stops.From this point,its all upto the perspective of the individual.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3465397 said:
those frustrated are moving out, those happy are staying, got the point?

Actually, that is self-evident.

The end result is that only those happy with the conditions within are left there. Of course, that also means nothing needs to change, since everyone left is happy.

Right you are.

(Or is it because the rest cannot move out due to a lack of resources and/or expertise?)

Happiness is subjective..I have seen people living in slums who are more happy than people living in bungalows....people can find happiness in any situation if they have low expectations..

Back
Top Bottom