What's new

Pakistan Ranks High on Happy Planet Index 2012

I guess this is what they consider normal . It may be abnormal for much of the rest of the world though .:P

But it is a good thing for India if they continue begin happy in their current state .

Really, go back a few years and see the comparison. We may not be going through an economic boom right now but hell our bread basket doesn't need to drink pesticide either.
As for the highlighted part, may be we are happy since others misery is not our joy....unlike some around us.

I got very happy after reading this article. :)
Pakistan is one of a kind country, which can be happy even during such a crisis. In India if our gdp growth goes down 2%, we get dismayed. We need to learn from Pakistanis in this field for sure.

Do Dawn and Express Tribune belong to the same country?

From a recent thread: http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...ani-youth-take-spouse-visa-route-success.html

Considering facts on the ground, DAWN has more truth to a 'one of the stories' than what ET has tried to show.

As Leader said, it could be that we're one heck of a 'non serious' nation about anything... and that could be the main reason affecting the survey, I don't see anything else brushing us as a happy nation. There could be 100 reasons declaring us as happy but there could also be 1000 other reasons declare us otherwise (Unhappy).

Lolz at the parameters for the figures, Don't flunked out statisticians have anything better to do with their time;

The Happy Planet Index was calculated using life expectancy, experienced well-being and ecological footprint (per capita) of the countries with data collected from various sources
including UNDP and Gallup data.
l The index was compiled by New Economics Foundation (NEF)

So the figures will inherently penalize all industrialized and modernized economies like the United States or China and markup countries with lower ecological footprints(no industries,no ecological damage!!!). Sorry to state the obvious but this is a pseudo-statistic.

Lolz at the parameters for the figures, Don't flunked out statisticians have anything better to do with their time;

So the figures will inherently penalize all industrialized and modernized economies like the United States or China and markup countries with lower ecological footprints(no industries,no ecological damage!!!). Sorry to state the obvious but this is a pseudo-statistic.

shhhh don't pop the bubble. Just go with the flow and keep them happy.

I got very happy after reading this article. :)
Pakistan is one of a kind country, which can be happy even during such a crisis. In India if our gdp growth goes down 2%, we get dismayed. We need to learn from Pakistanis in this field for sure.

The difference is you people are only now getting a plate full, thus are scared that it might escape you again, we have had a belly full for several decades. Get the drift. :D

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics." - Mark Twain.

Really, go back a few years and see the comparison. We may not be going through an economic boom right now but hell our bread basket doesn't need to drink pesticide either.
As for the highlighted part, may be we are happy since others misery is not our joy....unlike some around us.

I don't get how your post had anything to do with my post .

they are happy that they are going to bed alive, in the morning happy to wake up alive

Yes how can Indians be more happier than pakistanis.... No firecrackers are blasted in the backyard of Indians by US drones... Bin Laden refused to be guests of India... and other countries refused to finance the budget of India but would do gladely for Pakistan which makes Indians feel paranoid... Internationl teams are coming for cricket and other games to India and consuming our resources where as Pakistan's money is being saved...

How can India be Happier than pakistan??

Happiness is subjective..I have seen people living in slums who are more happy than people living in bungalows....people can find happiness in any situation if they have low expectations..

Exactly , expectations , that is what it boils down to in the end .

Damn! We suck!
sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-emoticon-000346-large.gif
cry2-male-cry-tears-smiley-emoticon-000276-large.gif

We are Just a Very Tolerant Nation.

No offence meant, but most of the rest of the world would recommend that this should go to the " funny and humour " section.

@ the subject, why should every thing and anything to do with Pakistan have to be hyphenated with India ?

Back
Top Bottom