What's new

Pakistan rumored to be interested in additional RJAF F-16s

I genuinely hope people here weren't expecting to get their hands on F-35s, Lol.

Even if F-35 is made available somehow - which I don't see happening - Pakistan should stay away from it, at least for now. I have not seen any of its customers state they are fully satisfied with the aircraft, not even the USAF, which as a contingency to F-35 is insisting on employing F-16s til 2050. South Koreans have expressed their disappointment recently. Their aircraft spend more time in maintenance than in the air.

As for the F-16s, Pakistan should go for them, if available. Regardless of the popular perception here the aircraft is PAF's backbone and if it can operate the it till 2050 then its a good thing. J-10C is an excellent machine but China is still catching up to the quality and craftsmanship of the US. Phasing out F-16s either out of own will or due to lack of logistical support would leave a huge gapping hole in the PAF's air power capability that J-10 is unlikely to fill in the short to mid term. Besides, F-16s set the IAF'/Indian's bum on fire almost every time.

In recent days multiple sources are suggesting the US has no issues with Pakistan purchasing used F16s from Jordan or other friendly countries.

Pakistan is cleared to buy any used f16 since IK left. I broke this news months ago.
We are in process of looking for around 2-3 squadrons...
The upgrade kits for b52 will be made available also.

Though f16 v kit was denied

So was anything other then dumb bombs and aim9p.

Then why buy J-10Cs in the first place, if USA was being so generous with F-16s.

We will continue to buy the J10c

F16s are simply to add to our existing inventory to make use of already existing infrastructure and experience

Different budgets different roles, JF-17 Block 4 is already on the cards, block 3 is already receiving new gear, these F-16s will support our current fleet and also bolster fleet strength, there is no real downside to this buy, we will likely get a nice LoC as the article mentions the key focus is "low cost", how can we get American gear as cheap as possible. No real downside, its like the minehunter buy, yes, money could be used elsewhere, but put it this way, this is a guaranteed outcome, putting money elsewhere is not oh and also JF-17 has key deficiences tht cant be fixed with money anyway that the f-16 doesnt have

I don't know why so many people are making such a simple straightforward concept so difficult

USA would love to sell Pakistan F-35s, if only it had any money to buy them.
They would not even sell us F15s or Blk 70/72 F16 even if put hard cash in front of them. Pakistan is not an ally instead a liability for US.

20-30 years, they were recently MLUed and Structurally upgraded, a VERY good deal if we can get them, im seriously guessing theyd be around the $20m each mark
Which fighter jet will replace their F-16s?

Screenshot_20221026_093747.jpg

Your nations leaders are happy with the above image to represent your nation.

You need to revolt.

They will get nothing

Biden has already spoken his mind

I highly doubt it; their goal is to pump India. The State Department has to do the least amount of work on this country when you have a chaprasi-level individual who's more than enough to handle Pakistan.
No would never pass the Congress. Everyone knows this.

Used equipment doesn't require Congress

I highly doubt it; their goal is to pump India. The State Department has to do the least amount of work on this country when you have a chaprasi-level individual who's more than enough to handle Pakistan.

USA's relationships in the region are not a matter of choosing between Pakistan or India. It will work with both countries, and not just one or the other.

Last edited:
F35 or anything else makes no sense for Pakistan

Because regardless of the financial issue we can't trust the U.S long term and this even before you get into talk about weapons and support etc or the political blocks

Purchasing F16s used or not is a quick, simple and cheap way of adding to our firepower, utilising our decades of built up experience, infrastructure and support network
Utilising support from Turkey if it can be approved by the U.S
Getting rid of older planes and squadrons quicker and replacing them with a more potent F16s

Our J10 and JF17 acquisitions remain unaffected, they will gradually continue to grow and for the J10C their is no quick way of building up the Infrastructure and pilot experience and skill

So it makes absolute sense in getting as many F16s as we can and we should support this decision

A healthy amount of F16s, J10c and JF17S all BVR capable is a potent air force

Lol F35s are a powerful US foreign policy tool, that is not for sale just for money. F35 are for close US allies only.
Pakistan would be very lucky to upgrade its existing F16s to V and/or get new blk 70s.

That is all Pakistan can afford, and even then with US charity.

They would not even sell us F15s or Blk 70/72 F16 even if put hard cash in front of them. Pakistan is not an ally instead a liability for US.

Then it is for Pakistan to decide how not to be a liability but an asset according to its own national interests.

Last edited:
I think it will be stupid to buy more F16s and extend our dependency on US. I know we have experience and expertise in F16 but that does not mean we keep begging for F16s. We have already bought J10C and i guess we should now focus on J10Cs and keep the current F16s for as long as possible but not increase numbers.

Beggars can't be choosers

F-16 is a luxury for you 😹 Just like clean clothes for a homeless man
Hamin Be-Ezzati Mehsoos hi Nahi Hoti. Q k humari tawajoh sirf defence per hai.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom