What's new

Pakistan Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud killed in drone strike.

Then , how would we have threatened USA and how the things got at this point , where we had to make this choice ? Think of it , its weird in its entirety . This would have had nothing to do with courage , valor and honor , since the Americans never needed to commit ground troops , why do it if you can get the job done by using air force alone ? All hypothetical here again . What good was targeting U.S. bases got to do , mate except a desperate measure ? Was it going to cause any significant harm or dent the American military machine ? Except for the " Samson option " , I see no way out of this and trust me , this is a way you do not want to go , never ever . Because at least , most of the nation would have survived the American bombing campaign , not so for the response of the regional states , mate .

The master-slave relationship with U.S. is the main culprit , again . Why exactly did it get to this point ? Bordering that country is a curse , to be honest .

there were safe hideouts for criminals only in tribal areas...so americans could only launch their bombing compaign in FATA....which by the way they are already doing...

now going by your point....(US could bomb ALL us to stone age)

don't you think there would have been alot of pressure on USA as well to not launch this bombing compaign since pakistan was to become a nuclear suicide bomber for the whole region...??

on what basis USA could launch this BOMBING COMPAIGN in whole pakistan? were pakistanis the ones doing 9/11?

Tribal areas have already been bombed back to stone age...war on terror did the same and perhaps ALOT MORE!!!

Come one man! this theory of bombing all of us to stone age seems really CHILDISH and Pathetic...

plus,may i ask why do you get hyper when these talibans blow up our civilians? because WE chose to turn on them....yes we CHOSE...then why this RONA DONA?
Consider them as independent entity and not patriotic pakistanis and think..

Last edited:
why you look so naive about it, your leader is also a Talib symathizer.
If he deserved to die it's us who vote for his death not US.
What ARMY you are talking about if they cannot defend and control territory within their borders for which they are being paid since 66 years then they don't deserve respect at all.

dont get me started donkey kong
when Pakistan army will get right to attack barahandagh,fazal ullah and others sitting in Afghanistan then you can beat drums for drones
what usa is doing with Al CIAda in syria and what they did in lybia via these countrie's neighbors .can syria do that to those who are coming to syria from neighboring countries
so cut the crap of control your territory because usa,kabul is doing squat to control fers and adding them to do terror in Pakistan as recently revealed and previously known

What does it mean "we may lose south Waziristan"? Did we ever have control over that peculiar territory, I don't think so! Waziristan has been home to all the ogres of the world!
Yes army was in southwazristan because off deal with some Taliban groups and north wazir stand was in Taliban control completely but now even south ones are pissed off

Awesome News.

Its sad that US Military is doing the job of what Pakistani Military should be doing.

As for peace talks, that is a total joke. These guys need to be eradicated not treated as equals.

Another reason why I totally 100% support drone strikes.

just a technical question, what is our own drone capabilities right now?
why not our govt reach out, for the avalible options like from china or other countries?
why our politicians couldnt, hve demanded our own drone capabilities against terrorists?
Work is going on. Hopefully Pakistan will come up with its own indigenous drones. 
Have they counted the drops or basing their planning on average figure!
In any case, they shall go to Afghanistan.... only there, can they find killer drones.
Though not a humane thing. But if they droned Mehsud they should have droned the funeral also. Khas kam jehan pak.

Awesome News.

Its sad that US Military is doing the job of what Pakistani Military should be doing.

As for peace talks, that is a total joke. These guys need to be eradicated not treated as equals.

Another reason why I totally 100% support drone strikes.

Drone strikes are not always successful. It causes more civilian casualties and this causes more people to join Taliban. If your army does not do the job then these drones will not stop.

Really? I was the one going personal.. I think post history is more reflective than service book claims and repetitive fauji glory delusions.

On the topic..
The strike may have been timed perfectly if we are to assume that the GoP and Americans are hand in hand while at the same time ruining American image in Pakistan. Seems like a very odd way for the Americans to go... destroy their image and then help Pakistan too.
On top of that, this strike would have served better before the talks were almost set up; because then the TTP would have been in disarray and the possible splinter groups would be easier to bring to the table. What this strike has done is create a martyr of the very negotiations you think are stupid(and I agree they are) and create an air of uncertainty and mistrust. Right now,if the TTP talk they might talk more hardline or worse.. our Mullah parties will be more eager to give into their demands while you and I watch like idiots. Even then, if the Fauj wants to intervene it cannot because it will NOT have the support for an operation from the people of KP and Mullahs of the country(which are everywhere in Pakistan and in force). So no, it was not the perfect timing. The perfect timing was when the talks failed. Sure, it might have been a one chance to get the sucker but as such the costs may outweigh the benefits.
do you think, US image in pakistan, got any better before that strike happened?
or just for the sake of thier image, they shouldnt take out an odd opportutnity?
no they dont think , like that when ever they hve good info, they just do that, OBL abottabad ops was a perfect example to be, put here?
& thats how counter terrorism should be?
making them in preasure, that if they not stop carrying thier terrorist activities, then some day some will take them down too, from nowhere?
after all thats a war of terror & fear?
TTp has showen no willingness to enter in any dialoges till drones in the air, then what should be we doing?
sitting & waiting till, they start bombing our homes?
i dont, think that any of political groups in KPK has any problems, pakarmy doing its job & if some one has, that means simple, they are not with pakistan they are against pakistan & with terrorists?
then its the responsiblity of fedrl govt to ban these anti-pakistan political parties , who support terrorists & thier brutal terrorism on pakistanis?
guss fedrl govt has enough of its mandate, to back any action against terrorists?
lets see, they do it before bieng a target or after that, cause they are on number 1 spot on the terrorists lists of terrorism?
NAWAZ just came back from USA, where he told them that, he is just buying time to regroup the pakarmy ops & plans to deal with, terrorists & all this peace talks are just drama to hold them back, just for a while or even to divide them in punjabi pakhtun colums?
yes NAWAZ govt has the knowledge of strike would be happening, but they just dont know when & where?
anyway, thats whats is requried, from them?
anyway you plz check, how many of seats these mullha parties got in NA in the genrl elections, even in KPK provincial assembly?
not much?
by the, way its an friendly advise never jump to your conclusions,even though you think you are perfect?
but no, you are just another humman, never the perfect ones?
for anyone you just met on internet!
yes there are lot of fakes, around but there are allways the real , ones with thier dangerous minds, who are here for something maybe national security or even global security?
no one is going to open himself, just to impress a student kid?
so just keep whatever you may want, your perceptions not my problems?
talks with TTp become succsessfull or not,US defence deprtment ! they will kill whoever they think, can cause any problem to US national security at any time?
thats how they think?
& i think we should better start thinking the same, as soon as posible?

Last edited:
No politician is Taliban sympathizer . only difference is solution.. Short term solution is not effective from 13 years. Even U.S.A is involved in Peace dialogue with Taliban.. It Doesn't mean that U.S.A is Taliban sympathizer.
Face it my friend IK is right in sympathising Talibs because they are not just bunch of criminals or mafia they carry an ideology that is flourishing in our country's backyard within the minds of our own people. So to stop them from doing so we need to engage them fighting with their thoughts and ideology. You kill one talib many new are born with even bitter stance. There is no difference between both sides if they keep on blowing themselves and we keep on bombing and i don't see a solution in it. Hakeemullah may be sponsored, syed sajna another one but i can tell you the third in line won't be and will be a greater risk for us then its predecessors.

Face it my friend IK is right in sympathising Talibs because they are not just bunch of criminals or mafia they carry an ideology that is flourishing in our country's backyard within the minds of our own people. So to stop them from doing so we need to engage them fighting with their thoughts and ideology. .

You are right about one thing - it is the ideology driving this evil. So where does this ideology come from?

The fact of the matter is that just as there are non-state actors in Pakistan fighting to carve out a salafi-inspired state, there are 'non state directors' in the Saudi Salafi establishment, orchestrating these violent insurgencies and propping up non state actors: the TTP and Al Qaeda in Pakistan, Al Nusra in Syria, AQAP in Yemen, AQIM in Mali, ISIS in Iraq, Al Shabab in Somalia, Abu Sayyaf in Philipines, Boko Haram in Nigeria, Ansar Al Sharia in Tunisia...the list goes on and on.

While TTP and other foot soldiers fight on the ground, the Salafi jihadist establishment provides the violent salafi ideology and operational guidance, as well as the funding to all these organizations through its Al Qaeda affiliates as directed by its 'non state directors' sitting in Saudi.

This is a war being waged by Salafi jihadists against the rest of the muslim world, and the western world.The goal is to overthrow existing states and set up salafi takfiri states around the world and eventually link them under the umbrella of a salafi caliphate.

That is why the TTP continues to reject the pakistani state's constitution, its founding principles, and democratic system , and demands withdrawal of the pakistani military from pakistani territory! They are looking to take over the state as per the directive from their masters.

Hopefully the Pakistani state and the US establishment are smart enough to realize that this war cannot be won just by targeting the non-state foot soldiers like TTP. At the end of the day, the fight must also be taken to the ' non state directors' sitting in Saudi , dreaming of a salafi caliphate and orchestrating diabolical insurgencies around the world.

Last edited:
do you think, US image in pakistan, got any better before that strike happened?
or just for the sake of thier image, they shouldnt take out an odd opportutnity?
no they dont think , like that when ever they hve good info, they just do that, OBL abottabad ops was a perfect example to be, put here?
& thats how counter terrorism should be?
making them in preasure, that if they not stop carrying thier terrorist activities, then some day some will take them down too, from nowhere?
after all thats a war of terror & fear?
TTp has showen no willingness to enter in any dialoges till drones in the air, then what should be we doing?
sitting & waiting till, they start bombing our homes?
i dont, think that any of political groups in KPK has any problems, pakarmy doing its job & if some one has, that means simple, they are not with pakistan they are against pakistan & with terrorists?
then its the responsiblity of fedrl govt to ban these anti-pakistan political parties , who support terrorists & thier brutal terrorism on pakistanis?
guss fedrl govt has enough of its mandate, to back any action against terrorists?
lets see, they do it before bieng a target or after that, cause they are on number 1 spot on the terrorists lists of terrorism?
NAWAZ just came back from USA, where he told them that, he is just buying time to regroup the pakarmy ops & plans to deal with, terrorists & all this peace talks are just drama to hold them back, just for a while or even to divide them in punjabi pakhtun colums?
yes NAWAZ govt has the knowledge of strike would be happening, but they just dont know when & where?
anyway, thats whats is requried, from them?
anyway you plz check, how many of seats these mullha parties got in NA in the genrl elections, even in KPK provincial assembly?
not much?

But the OBL op was not sanctioned by the establishment or the government. Why I mentioned the US letting their image down is the hypothesis that this was a coordinated strike. The question is not of whether the negotiations are bad or not(as I have already stated I agree with you it is a stupid idea to begin with). However, anyone who does not agree to your or my opinion on them being a bad idea like the PTI are not automatically anti-Pakistan or Kafir.. what i the difference between us and the TTP then if we too cannot tolerate alternative views?

If there was no political will against military op then it would have been carried out much earlier; it is because of political will and the sentiments of people that the military option does not have the support. The mullah parties got enough seats.. and more importantly.. parties like the PTI who were supported by the very educated populations of Lahore, Karachi and Peshawar to whom you said found TTP terrorists were the ones pushing for negotiations.Hence, there was ample support for the process.

Now, If Nawaz did do the alleged and we are hand in hand with the US on this.. then they made quite a blunder. This sort of move should have been done when there was a failure of talks or enough support for an operation in the country. This sort of move will lead to further division in the population and greater support for radicals on the basis that they were wronged.

The rest of your post is irrelevant to the discussion

I'm just surprised the way our channels and Interior minister have been about it. The whole narrative is stupid, frankly. The Taliban are challengers of the STATE of Pakistan. We, Pakistanis, should have killed them a long time ago. People who hate India and RAW and the USA how can you even think of 'peace' with the people who say they are not subjected to your laws, your nation, your people? That's the definition of an enemy.

Drone strikes are not always successful. It causes more civilian casualties and this causes more people to join Taliban. If your army does not do the job then these drones will not stop.

Nonsense.

Drone strikes are highly effective in taking out terrorists and this myth that more people join the Taliban due to drone strikes does not hold up.

In 2010 there were 122 Drone Strikes, the highest ever. In 2011, there was a 50% drop in terrorist attacks in Pakistan. Which disproves this nonsense that 1 Drone strike is creating 10 Taliban.

The more drone strikes there are, the less terrorists are left alive and more and more they are busy hiding than planning attacks.

But this is not a permanent solution. You cannot win the war by air. You have to send in Ground Forces to totally pacify the area but the Pakistani Army will never do that.

And thus you have the current situation.

Pakistan has no one but itself to blame for this situation.

Pakistani Taliban names interim emir, spokesman says

By BILL ROGGIO November 3, 2013

Pak-Taliban-most-wanted.jpg

Eight South Waziristan Taliban commanders, pictured in a 'wanted' poster: 1. Hakeemullah Mehsud, 2. Waliur Rehman Mehsud, 3. Qari Hussain Mehsud, 4. Azam Tariq, 5. Maulvi Azmatullah, 6. Mufti Noor Wali, 7. Asmatullah Shaheen Bhittani, 8. Mohammad Anwar Gandapur.

The Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan has appointed Asmatullah Shaheen Bhittani to serve as the group's interim leader after Hakeemullah Mehsud was killed by the US in a drone strike just two days ago. Asmatullah has previously vowed to wage jihad against US forces in Afghanistan and has led military and suicide operations in Pakistan.

"Asmatullah Shaheen Bhittani, the head of the supreme shura, has has been appointed as temporary head of the TTP [Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan]," Shahidullah Shahid, a top spokesman for the Pakistani Taliban told AFP.

The naming of Asmatullah as interim leader took place just one day after reports from Pakistan indicated that Khan Said, the group's deputy emir who is also known as Sajna Mehsud, was appointed to lead the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan. The Pakistani Taliban did not officially confirm the report.

Sajna is said to have been approved by a majority of the Pakistani Taliban leaders who attended a shura, or council, to replace Hakeemullah. But it was rumored that commanders in the remote areas of Pakistan had not weighed in on Hakeemullah's replacement.

Other leaders thought to be in the running to replace Hakeemullah are Mohmand chief Omar Khalid al Khorasani, Swat commander Mullah Fazlullah, and Ghalib Mehsud. Sajna is thought to be the favorite to replace Hakeemullah.

Asmatullah is a dangerous Taliban commander

Asmatullah currently serves as the leader of the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan's "supreme shura," or executive council. He has served as a senior commander in the tribal areas for nearly a decade. He is among the 20 most-wanted Taliban commanders operating in South Waziristan, Tank, and Dera Ismail Khan. In 2009, the Pakistani government placed a $120,000 bounty on his head.

He served as a military commander in the towns of Jandola and Tank in the district of Tank and reported directly to Hakeemullah. In late 2009, many Taliban commanders fled the Mehsud tribal areas of South Waziristan to avoid the Pakistani Army offensive that was launched in October of that year. Seeking to escape the military dragnet, the Taliban commanders fled to North Waziristan, Arakzai, Kurram, Khyber, and to areas in South Waziristan that are under the control of the Mullah Nazir Group.

In 2009, Asmatullah and some of his fighters relocated to the southern port city of Karachi, where he continued attacks. On Dec. 30, 2009, Asmatullah claimed that one of his fighters carried out the Dec. 28 suicide attack against a Shia religious procession in Karachi that killed 43 people and wounded more than 100.

By 2011, Asmatullah was back in the tribal areas conducting military operations. In December 2011, his forces overran a Frontier Corps fort in the settled district of Tank. Fifteen Frontier Corps troops were captured and one was killed during the raid.

After the assault on the Frontier Corps outpost in Tank, Asmatullah claimed credit for the attack and said it was carried out to avenge the death of Taj Gul Mehsud, who was killed along with 12 other fighters in a US airstrike on Oct. 26, 2011. Taj Gul Mehsud was a senior deputy to Hakeemullah.

Asmatullah has also waged jihad against US and Coalition forces in Afghanistan. In 2006, he openly recruited fighters to battle in Afghanistan and called for the imposition of sharia, or Islamic law, in Pakistan.

"We are leaving for Afghanistan tomorrow, those who want to participate in Jihad can join us," Asmatullah told a group of Pakistanis in the town of Jandola in the district of Tank.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2013/11/pakistani_taliban_na.php

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom