What's new

Pakistan Tells U.S. To Leave 'Drone' Attack Base

It's not about getting stories straight, it's about selective release of information.....

Bingo! but you forgot one word. Allow me...........''Selective release of specious information''------> To lead the public astray & ISPR is just a perfect tool for that.

I think the broader point is that the airbase cannot survive as an Island, independent of supplies and energy imports.

And if the US really gets obstinate, as someone pointed out, Pakistan can simply remove all Pakistani personnel from the base and surrounding area, limit supplies to the base, and leave it to the 'dogs' so to speak. Baluchistan is vast and remote, and the Taliban have already been able to mount attacks on NATO transports. Now they'll have an entire base to aim at.
I dont think Talibans are equipped to take down these transport helis..

images

images

so Americans wouldnt find it that difficult to transport things...

We are getting mixed messages here on this article.

1. Says American forces need to vacate the place and the U.S. officials says no.

2. An American official says there are no American personnel there.

3. Pakistan says they already stopped the drone attacks from that base.

4. They say they are closing the base to prevent drone attacks.

Understand whats going on?

I dont think the news is true....... If it is thn US - Pakistan relations are screwed.. And the govt will have to use military force to evict these scum bags........ on the public pressure..... If it doesnt then the govt will be over thrown..... even thn usa will have to leave.

Oldman's post pretty much sums up the lack of clarity. Contradictory statements from both sides.

As I said a few days ago, this kind of murky relationship and these lies and deceit from the Pakistani and US establishement, to the Pakistani people, is a major component in the rage and distrust the average Pakistani has towards the US and the Pakistani leadership. Even Kayani's popularity ratings are down from the high seventies/low eighties a year ago, to the fifties per the latest PEW Polls.

I dont think Talibans are equipped to take down these transport helis..

images

images

so Americans wouldnt find it that difficult to transport things...
They need overflight permission from Pakistan, and that is where 'limiting supplies' to the base, by Pakistan, comes into play. The only way around that then is declaring war, and I doubt the UN or international community is going to endorse that, given that it is a base on Pakistani territory.

Bingo! but you forgot one word. Allow me...........''Selective release of specious information''------> To lead the public astray & ISPR is just a perfect tool for that.

What does ISPR have to do with Mukhtar and Awan's statements?

Or for that matter the contradictory statements from US officials?

Why simply blame the military here?

Pakistan can simply remove all Pakistani personnel from the base and surrounding area, limit supplies to the base, and leave it to the 'dogs' so to speak. Baluchistan is vast and remote, and the Taliban have already been able to mount attacks on NATO transports. Now they'll have an entire base to aim at.
An intriguing forecast, but just a hypothetical scenario at best. It's an open secret that Pakistan military has been in on this from day one. All the public statements calling for Americans to leave Pakistan, are just a part of an elaborate charade of pretending that they want to get rid of Americans.

An intriguing forecast, but just a hypothetical scenario at best. It's an open secret that Pakistan military has been in on this from day one. All the public statements calling for Americans to leave Pakistan, are just a part of an elaborate charade of deceiving the nation.
Look, first of all, we need to define the 'rules of the game'.

Does Pakistan have a 'democratically elected government? Yes. I care not whether you like it or not, or whether you want Shariah law, the point is that we have a democratically elected government.

Now that is cleared up, technically, who is responsible for foreign policy and 'evicting the US (or anyone else) from Pakistan? The GoP, not the Army, not the PAF.

By blaming the Army/Military, you are basically serving Zardari and his corrupt lackeys. They WANT to project the image that the 'Army is making us do this' despite the fact that Wikileaks and the firing of former FM Qureshi makes clear that they have no intention of taking on the Yanks. The decision to 'kick out the US, shoot down the drones, kick out all but essential US diplomatic officials' needs to be taken by parliament, officially, with both opposition and government in support of such a position.

The reason for parliament taking these decisions is that once Pakistan does assert itself against the US, expect all economic US aid to end, IMF assistance to end, and possible also expect US trade and other sanctions. Now, personally I believe that Pakistan has the resources to overcome this, if managed properly, but our politicians have no ability to take tough decisions, and therefore are highly unlikely to take decisions that will make the economy tank (for a while at least) and therefore lose their seats in elections.

Were the Army to take this decision unilaterally, all these politicians and the media would be ranting and blaming the 'dictator Army' for usurping civilian power and destroying the economy and the country.

Do you understand now why this 'change in policies towards the US' needs to come from Parliament, not the military? Given the potential consequences, parliament, as representative of all Pakistanis, needs to take a unified stance, explain what they plan to do, what the consequences are, what Pakistanis can expect will happen, and then act.

Don't make the Military a scapegoat here.

They need overflight permission from Pakistan, and that is where 'limiting supplies' to the base, by Pakistan, comes into play. The only way around that then is declaring war, and I doubt the UN or international community is going to endorse that, given that it is a base on Pakistani territory.
They didnt get these permission in OBL raid right???It wont be difficult for them to by-pass Radars due to hilly terrain in that region...their Superior techonological edge will help them indeed to all these...

They didnt get these permission in OBL raid right???It wont be difficult for them to by-pass Radars due to hilly terrain in that region...their Superior techonological edge will help them indeed to all these...

One 'secret' and unexpected raid in the middle of the night is not the same as multiple helicopter sorties to supply the base, that will be expected.

One 'secret' and unexpected raid in the middle of the night is not the same as multiple helicopter sorties to supply the base, that will be expected.

Lets take a situation where in pakistan army finds a USA heli intruding in to your airspace...do you honestly think that your army at this given point of time will shoot down or make a forcible landing of the USA heli??

Lets take a situation where in pakistan army finds a USA heli intruding in to your airspace...do you honestly think that your army at this given point of time will shoot down or make a forcible landing of the USA heli??
Force it down - yes, if it is not authorized.

What could the US do? This is Pakistani terrirtory, and they are 'squatting' on a Pakistani base.

The justification the US used for the Abbottabad raid was 'Worlds Most wanted Terrorist Leader' - there is no such justification for 'occupying an airbase in another nation's territory'.

United States of America has drag Pakistan into so called war on terror initiated by the September 11 attacks

Force it down - yes, if it is not authorized.

What could the US do? This is Pakistani terrirtory, and they are 'squatting' on a Pakistani base.

The justification the US used for the Abbottabad raid was 'Worlds Most wanted Terrorist Leader' - there is no such justification for 'occupying an airbase in another nation's territory'.

We all know it for the fact of thing...but lets be realistic USA has clearly refuted the demand from Pakistan government and now what else can Pakistan really do is to be seen...we all can say our opinion but i dont think America will be made to exit airbase unless their tagets are finished...Your government and army is too weak to raise more than voice against USA at the moment and seriously i dont mean any offences here...

Back
Top Bottom