What's new

Pakistan to import 500 MW electricity from India

lol both nations has only shown interest of importing/exporting electricity to Pakistan and some indian members are burning as if the contract is already signed and the electricity will be supplied within few weeks :rofl:

It's not going to happen for couple of years so why are you burning your blood in vain?

Because the point is that we should not go ahead with these type of projects no matter if takes 5 years or 5000 years to materialize.

How can one help one's enemy to be strong and prosperous when the other is doing everything to harm India and Indians???????

Keep your tongue in control!!!!:angry:

This is the same joker, who revived Indian economy from bullshit. This joker has no stain of corruption. Policies of this joker brought India at world stage. It is tenure of this joker in which militant activities are dieing down in Kashmir & NE. This is the same joker, who drove India through recession un-touched. This is the same joker who took stand against US & defied his 'Dadagiri' on Iran issue. He is doing his job without being corrupted by power & politics like office bearers of the past. He is not a politician, but ecnomist. He is doing his job very well. He kept distance from dirty politics, so don't tell me about telecom scam or another scam, let him concentrate at his field of expertise.

This decision shows his kindness & affection for human race, regardless their country, creed or religion. I am feeling proud that this 'Sardar' is 'Joker' and not like your 'Superstar' and 'Icon' Modi. I wish and have faith that he would never be your 'Superstar'. Most of you, commenting on this thread about this decision, were showing affection for Pakistani people on this forum on daily basis in numerous. 500 MW is not going to help in reducing your so called 6-7 hrs power cuts, but i think, currently it would matter a lot for Pakistani people. If we can't help at the time they need it most, our daily friendship songs are not going win hearts and minds of Pak people. If we are bearing 7 hrs power cuts, we can bear it for 8 hrs for our neighbors & for long lasting peace.

Although I am not fan of Indo-Pak friendship but i like spirit of your post :toast_sign:

MMS is well qualified and intelligent person and deserves respect for his contribution towards India's success

Although I am not fan of Indo-Pak friendship but i like spirit of your post :toast_sign:

MMS is well qualified and intelligent person and deserves respect for his contribution towards India's success

aare bhai who tumhare zardari se bhi bekar hai...he is a Ghitrastra of indian politics

go to the site of anti-kudankulam nuclear power plant protests and tell this to them..you aint gonna get electricity from north as it will waste a lot of it..

They have a site ? link please and what you mean by waste ?

Lets not go out of topic

there is something called line loss in power economy ..it will be anywhere around 20 to 45 % ..if state of j&k is power surplus state then those hydro projects being in northern most region it is sensible to sell those power to buyer rather than wasting 50% it on line losses ..
Localized power station is the future

I hope other indian members could understand this simple rule

You might have electricity in excess in Punjab state of India and 1000 kilometers away there would be another state having deficits... it does not mean you transmit electricity to that state from Punjab. You could probably sell electricity to your neighbour which is about 50 kilometers away? earn profit and install another plant in the state where your energy demand is higher than your production. If you see the whole India as one unit for electricity distribution it is not going to financally viable and bad idea for long term planning.

I hope other indian members could understand this simple rule

You might have electricity in excess in Punjab state of India and 1000 kilometers away there would be another state having deficits... it does not mean you transmit electricity to that state from Punjab. You could probably sell electricity to your neighbour which is about 50 kilometers away? earn profit and install another plant in the state where your energy demand is higher than your production. If you see the whole India as one unit for electricity distribution it is not going to financally viable and bad idea for long term planning.

:lol: this argument of waste doesn't have any merits..

and the comical thing is when we transfer to Pakistan there won't be any transmission losses and all will be consumed at the border area. we have a comprehensive and state of the art network for electricity transfer across India. The major losses are because of stealing than the transmission losses. here we go

POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of the country, is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system. POWERGRID, as on July 2009, owns and operates about 71,600 ckt kms of transmission lines at 800/765 kV, 400 kV, 220 kV & 132 kV EHVAC & +500 kV HVDC levels and 122 sub-stations with transformation capacity of about 81,200 MVA. This gigantic transmission network, spread over length and breadth of the country, is consistently maintained at an availability of over 99% through deployment of state-of-the-art Operation & Maintenance techniques which are at par with global standards. About 45% of total power generated in the country is wheeled through this transmission network

Recognizing the role of POWERGRID in the overall development of transmission and power sector, Govt. of India has conferred Navratna upon status to POWERGRID in May` 08, the highest honour for a Public Sector Enterprise. For overall co-ordination at national level, POWERGRID has implemented National Load Despatch Centre (NLDC) at Delhi with back up at Kolkata, which has been commissioned in February, 2009. NLDC shall be the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the national power system.

POWERGRIDs achievements have been continuously been praised in terms of awards from GoI and various other agencies. The Company recently received Three National Awards for meritorious performance in the field of Transmission sector for system availability and early completion of project for the year 2007-08, All India Organization of Employers Industrial Relations award 2007-08, and IEEMA Power Awards 2009 for “Excellence in Power Transmission”. Further, POWERGRID has been conferred the “The First DSIJ PSU Awards 2009” by Dalal Street Group of Publications for being “one of the largest transmission utilities in the world”.

@sachin
no need to spoon feed me
as per your argument there is no relation between line loss and distance between generating station and consumer end .

First study basic electrical law ...they call it ohm`s law ..and then come with your spoon..

@sachin
no need to spoon feed me
as per your argument there is no relation between line loss and distance between generating station and consumer end .

First study basic electrical law ...they call it ohm`s law ..and then come with your spoon..

aare yaar jab link diya hai toh padh le na bhai mere.....have you heard about state of the art anywhere even by mistake ? please I can't spoon feed you any more. If people think like you they don't have created the Powergrid. The basic premise of the this decision is we have excessive supply in north india which is not the case at all. J &K has severe electricity problems along with UP..

the only arguments lacking merit are yours. provide numbers instead of PR brochures.
sending power to PK from border areas makes business sense, the power will be measured at the transfer point, PK line losses afterwards are their responsibility.

obscure statements of "state of the art" transmissions doesn't help your case

By "state of art " you mean zero losses then i am lost for words ..

Line loss is world wide phenomenon ,science is not yet developed to use super conductor for power transmission

the only arguments lacking merit are yours. provide numbers instead of PR brochures.
sending power to PK from border areas makes business sense, the power will be measured at the transfer point, PK line losses afterwards are their responsibility.

:lol: please provide the numbers dear...as I have provided the source which says we already have established and efficient system to transfer electricity across india...and we can't ignore the reality that we have severe shortage of electricity all across india.
do you know what happened in karanataka during telengana protest ? Oh sorry..how did you know you sit in outside India.
Ok Here we go again--- Reforming India's power sector

Business Line : Opinion : Reforming India's power sector

By "state of art " you mean zero losses then i am lost for words ..

Line loss is world wide phenomenon ,science is not yet developed to use super conductor for power transmission

no one is saying there won't be any losses...but there won't be any significant losses and we need them. Punjab is next to J & K can easily transfer electricity to rural area. there is acute shortage of power of upto 12 hrs in J & K.

:lol: please provide the numbers dear...as I have provided the source which says we already have established and efficient system to transfer electricity across india...and we can't ignore the reality that we have severe shortage of electricity all across india.
do you know what happened in karanataka during telengana protest ? Oh sorry..how did you know you sit in outside India.
Ok Here we go again--- Reforming India's power sector

Business Line : Opinion : Reforming India's power sector

beating around the bush isn't needed. kindly give us some numbers comparing old transmission losses and this new fangled transmission system.

Back
Top Bottom