What's new

Pakistan VS Sri Lanka: ICC World T20 Semi Final, 04 Oct 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw in stadium and on facebook that many sri lankan fans supported Pakistani team when they were playing against other teams..these guys are humble fans and i really appreciate their sportsmanship so we will be against each others on Thursday without any hard feelings :D

Here is a well worth reading article:
: Wright Thompson: A first-timer's take on Sri Lanka and the Indo-Pak buzz | Cricket Features | ICC World Twenty20 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo

I think the quote below says something. But I also think there are some other considerations:
1) India beating SL cricket most of the time and hence SL fans' anger against India
2) Looks like Indian team gets a lot of flak from all non-Indian fans: I mean there is some truth to Australia and Pakistan joining hands together today and South Africa working to make sure get India out of the tournament first... the cheering the South African fans were giving to Pakistan today.
3) Perhaps Indian fans, or even the team, manage to make so much noise about the primacy of Indian team and cricket that there is some kind of backlash the world over. I don't think it is too far to say that Indian cricket team and the fans are attacked by all other fans.

I think it is a combination of all three factors. No?

Anyway, let's not take these too far. Over the past few days I have enjoyed the mockery of each others' teams, the PhotoShopped images, the cartoons, so long as only cricket has been involved. That's good enough or bad enough. No Kashmir or Gujarat here, please.

I met the nation's biggest talk show host - "the Oprah of Sri Lanka" is how she was introduced - and a cake mogul, and a restaurant and nightclub impresario, who had opened his latest place three days earlier. Two patterns emerged. One, every person I met is pulling for Pakistan to beat India; the birthday girl described being Sri Lankan as like being Irish, resenting the dominant big brother a thin channel of water away, cricket once again a safe language for expressing deeply held geopolitical ideas.

Paon mein payal hath mein kangan aur mathay pay bindiya,
Teri tou waat lag gae rey India :P (facebook)

Paon mein payal hath mein kangan aur mathay pay bindiya,
Teri tou waat lag gae rey India :P (facebook)

Waat nahi lagi bhai, India played well. You can'not expect to win every match. There were some wrong decisions taken by dhoni in the tournament. And top order was not clicking...

Nevertheless Pak is a Top class T20 team as is SA and Australia, South Africa could also have won those two matches easily....

There is 50 overs searies scheduled between INDIA - PAKISTAN this year, Just wait for it...
Abhi jitna maze karne hai karlo beta, Pak got thrashed by India in t20 which is supposed to be ur best chance to beat India...What will happen in 50 overs mate?

Here is a well worth reading article:
: Wright Thompson: A first-timer's take on Sri Lanka and the Indo-Pak buzz | Cricket Features | ICC World Twenty20 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo

I think the quote below says something. But I also think there are some other considerations:
1) India beating SL cricket most of the time and hence SL fans' anger against India
2) Looks like Indian team gets a lot of flak from all non-Indian fans: I mean there is some truth to Australia and Pakistan joining hands together today and South Africa working to make sure get India out of the tournament first... the cheering the South African fans were giving to Pakistan today.
3) Perhaps Indian fans, or even the team, manage to make so much noise about the primacy of Indian team and cricket that there is some kind of backlash the world over. I don't think it is too far to say that Indian cricket team and the fans are attacked by all other fans.

I think it is a combination of all three factors. No?

Anyway, let's not take these too far. Over the past few days I have enjoyed the mockery of each others' teams, the PhotoShopped images, the cartoons, so long as only cricket has been involved. That's good enough or bad enough. No Kashmir or Gujarat here, please.
that is bound to happen when u become successful and leaves all ur neigbours behind in everyfield....cricket has become their only means to show their jealousy and frustration...just read the comments on other forums & websites how pakistani's are now taking revenge for their lose to India as if they had beaten India what a bunch of loosers

koi baat nai ma'am.Ese team ho ge jese image mein dikh rahe he,Ap ko un ke language samagh nai aye ge......(google translate sae bhe nahi.)

charendrathilaka-2454476.jpg

Bass in logon ko yad rakhein ,they need your support.

:lol: nice one, but don't translate it. XD

Pakistani celebrating is so stupid. It's like celebrating your wife's pregnancy inspite of knowing you were not the reason behind it :D

Yeah sure! It wasn't really Pakistan that defeated unbeaten Australia by a big margin? Or was it?

Pakistanis stop caring about cricket, this game is rigged. Do you really think us losing to India on a continuous basis is just due to the fact our team keeps 'losing the bottle'? I know our fielders are shocking, but I can never get over the fact that during the 50/50 wc match against India, our fielders dropped four catches from Sachin alone.

With the amount of money coming from India's underworld, you can't truly expect that this sport that you're so passionate about isn't rigged in some way or another.

GL to both teams, hopefully it'll be a clean game, and the best team goes through.

The way supporters cheered up yesterday when SA made 122 Runs ..... Thank you SL

it doesn't matter if we loss to SL..

I'm supporting both the teams ,yara.

SL or Pakistan in the final,will not make a difference for me.

It must be a high scoring game....full of entertainment.

Pakistanis are playing ,so entertainment is guaranteed. LoL!

Both are brotherly nations, hence I expect a clean match, free from any jingoism.

Both are brotherly nations, hence I expect a clean match, free from any jingoism.

wrong asim, they dont like each other without the jingoism though -

anyway if our batting remains what it is, i dont expect PK to reach the final. this is logic speaking. in my heart, PK always!!!:pakistan:

Honestly I think Pakistan will win against SL because the SL cricket team seem to have some sort of mental block when it comes to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom