What's new

Pakistan would become among top ten economies at its 100th anniversary: Ahsan Iqbal

When you talk about a true Shariah State, it will mislead many of the members here on PDF, who do not even know what Shariah means. All they know is to annoy a mullah. They will throw out the baby with the bath water if chance be. They are that naïve and timid.

Also, I am sure you know that a Shariah State also demands a Supreme Ruler. Can Pakistan implement such a political System?

Shariah is a man made law .

You talk about implementing 7th/8th century Arab tribal laws in Pakistan (wrongfully in the name of Islam) and then dream of becoming one of the top economies in the 22nd century !!

Seriously mate ... you are delusional ...... !!

Last edited:
Yes, brother you have got the culprit. It is certainly safety in doing business that has crashed the economy. Thanks for clarifying. Regarding your comment about the Supreme Ruler. I agree. Thanks again.

You are one of the best PDF members I have seen, with among the best posts. Thank you.

Thank You brother,

As Indonesian, I do care about your political problem, it has affected your economy badly. I dont understand with those Taliban people out there, that ruins your country. Pakistan has helped Afganistan in their war with USSR, Taliban itself was supported by Pakistan Army to fight USSR. So, now, with all of your sacrifice, that Taliban Pakistan attack your country.....Really-really bad people who did that, not even has any thankful in their heart toward Pakistan as a state.

We had Aceh separatist before that demands Islamic Law and separation. We give them Islamic Law and embrace them to our politics. I hope Pakistan Taliban can follow the same step taken by Aceh Rebel.

Thank You brother,

As Indonesian, I do care about your political problem, it has affected your economy badly. I dont understand with those Taliban people out there, that ruins your country. Pakistan has helped Afganistan in their war with USSR, Taliban itself was supported by Pakistan Army to fight USSR. So, now, with all of your sacrifice, that Taliban Pakistan attack your country.....Really-really bad people who did that, not even has any thankful in their heart toward Pakistan as a state.

We had Aceh separatist before that demands Islamic Law and separation. We give them Islamic Law and embrace them to our politics. I hope Pakistan Taliban can follow the same step taken by Aceh Rebel.

There is a difference between the TTP in Pakistan and Afghan Taliban. TTP has hijacked the word Taliban and confused the world. The Afghan Taliban are entirely Sufi, while TTP and its compatriots in Afghanistan are Salafi Jihadis.

Sometimes I think the Aceh Tsunami was a test for the people of Aceh and Indonesia, that brought them closer even more.

Shariah is a man made law .

You talk about implementing 7th/8th century Arab tribal laws in Pakistan (wrongfully in the name of Islam) and then dream of becoming one of the top economies in the 22nd century !!

Seriously mate ... you are delusional ...... !!

I know you edited your post three times. Nice try.

Last edited:
There is a difference between the TTP in Pakistan and Afghan Taliban. TTP has hijacked the word Taliban and confused the world. The Afghan Taliban are entirely Sufi, while TTP and its compatriots in Afghanistan are Salafi Jihadis.

Sometimes I think the Aceh Tsunami was a test for the people of Aceh and Indonesia, that brought them closer even more.

I know you edited your post three times. Nice try.

Thanks for your info....I dont get it while watching CNN. Yup it can be quite difficult to argue with any Salafi, they seems to have stone in their brain, never want to hear any different perspective and always obey their spiritual leader without asking. Yah, I think I will try to study more about TTP...

Talking about Aceh, Yup, sometime hate that prevent any one to embrace peace, and some dramatic event can potentially cure that sickness.....and it needs both sides though.

I don't think you are a Pakistani. If you were, then you would not do great injustice to Pakistan as you have done in the post above. Firstly, your topic has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Baloch live all over southern Punjab, and in internal Sindh. They are that deeply connected to Punjabis and Sindhis, who have massive Baloch populations [more than Balochistan itself]

Pakhtuns are deeply linked with Punjabis in Derajats, Kohat region, Peshawar region, Hazara region, and in western Punjab. These people are inseparable. Millions live across Punjab.

Please spread your anti-Pakistani propaganda somewhere else.

First of all the major Baloch inhabited districts of Punjab ie Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur are not parts of Punjab geographically and historically rather historical and geographical parts of Balochistan and same is the case with Jacobabad and Kashmore in Sindh.Moreover yes Baloch origin Sindhis and Seraiki speakers do live in Punjab and Sindh but they are not considered part of Baloch tribal nation culturally and linguistically by the Balochistan tribes any longer as they themselves call and identify themselves as Sindhi. Even the Sindhi nationalist like Dr.Abdul Qadir Magsi, Manzoor Pitafi, Chandios etc declare himself as Sindhis and not Baloch. Moreover a very large part of Balochistan is inhabited by the Brahui tribes in Kalat region and southern Balochistan and they don't have even any minor settlements in Sindh and especially Punjab.

Secondly you talked about Pakhtuns linkage with Punjabis. Again you are factually wrong. The people whom you are describing as Punjabis are actually majority Hindko speakers of Pakhtun origin like Jadoons, Tanolis, Tareens, Yusufzais, Swatis who never ever identify themselves with Punjab or Punjabis. They have their own unique identity. Yes some peoples like Abbasis or Awans of those areas might identify themselves with Punjabis but they are a small minority over there. Moreover its no rocket science that any traditional and honourable Pakhtun would consider his identification or linkage with Punjabis as a deep insult and what will say about FATA and Southern Pakhtunkhwa (Quetta, Zhob, Pishin, Chaman, Qilla Abdullah, Qilla Saifullah, Sherani) Pakhtuns. Do they also have your self-concocted 'deep linkages' with Punjabis?

First of all the major Baloch inhabited districts of Punjab ie Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur are not parts of Punjab geographically and historically rather historical and geographical parts of Balochistan and same is the case with Jacobabad and Kashmore in Sindh.Moreover yes Baloch origin Sindhis and Seraiki speakers do live in Punjab and Sindh but they are not considered part of Baloch tribal nation culturally and linguistically by the Balochistan tribes any longer as they themselves call and identify themselves as Sindhi. Even the Sindhi nationalist like Dr.Abdul Qadir Magsi, Manzoor Pitafi, Chandios etc declare himself as Sindhis and not Baloch. Moreover a very large part of Balochistan is inhabited by the Brahui tribes in Kalat region and southern Balochistan and they have no large settlements in Sindh and especially Punjab.

Secondly you talked about Pakhtuns linkage with Punjabis. Again you are factually wrong. The people whom you are describing as Punjabis are actually majority Hindko speakers of Pakhtun origin like Jadoons, Tanolis, Tareens, Yusufzais, Swatis who never ever identify themselves with Punjab or Punjabis. They have their own unique identity. Yes some peoples like Abbasis or Awans of those areas might identify themselves with Punjabis but they are a small minority over there. Moreover its no rocket science that any traditional and honourable Pakhtun would consider his identification or linkage with Punjabis as a deep insult and what will say about FATA and Southern Pakhtunkhwa (Quetta, Zhob, Pishin, Chaman, Qilla Abdullah, Qilla Saifullah, Sherani) Pakhtuns. Do they also have your self-concocted 'deep linkages' with Punjabis?

"Malang Badshah" You mean Seraiki speaking Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur are part of Balochistan?? :lol: I thought you considered Seraikis aliens. Seraikis live in great numbers in Balochistan itself. This whole region is mixed and inseparable. The food, culture, language is all united. You are not a Pakistani.

You forgot the Niazis. So, Hindkowans are Pakhtun origin when it suits your anti--Pakistani feelings. Great. I thought they were alien to you too. Listen, I don't think you understand the untied fabric of the country. Even a Koli from Thar is linked to a Mirpuri in Azad Jammu and Kashmir.Your sentiments show racism. Beware.

"Malang Badshah" You mean Seraiki speaking Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur are part of Balochistan?? :lol: I thought you considered Seraikis aliens. Seraikis live in great numbers in Balochistan itself. This whole region is mixed and inseparable. The food, culture, language is all united. You are not a Pakistani.

You forgot the Niazis. So, Hindkowans are Pakhtun origin when it suits your anti--Pakistani feelings. Great. I thought they were alien to you too. Listen, I don't think you understand the untied fabric of the country. Even a Koli from Thar is linked to a Mirpuri in Azad Jammu and Kashmir.Your sentiments show racism. Beware.

The simple point am trying to make is that Pakistan can only remain united and free from ethnic/racial/linguistic based separatism only and only as an Islamic state and not otherwise and the glaring evidence of this reality is the separation of East Pakistan, separatist movements in Balochistan and Sindh and insurgency in FATA/KPK.

Moreover when I was talking about Pakhtuns and Baloch I was actually referring to traditional and mainland Pakhtunkhwa/FATA and Balochistan. You just selected a small minority (and that also not ethnically Punjabi) and tried to superimpose on the whole of the traditional/mainland Pakhtunkhwa, FATA and Balochistan.

Moreover if your argument of 'united fabric' of country is so true then why are all those Sindhis and Baloch demanding separation and independence from your so-called 'united fabric' of Pakistan?

First of all the major Baloch inhabited districts of Punjab ie Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur are not parts of Punjab geographically and historically rather historical and geographical parts of Balochistan and same is the case with Jacobabad and Kashmore in Sindh.Moreover yes Baloch origin Sindhis and Seraiki speakers do live in Punjab and Sindh but they are not considered part of Baloch tribal nation culturally and linguistically by the Balochistan tribes any longer as they themselves call and identify themselves as Sindhi. Even the Sindhi nationalist like Dr.Abdul Qadir Magsi, Manzoor Pitafi, Chandios etc declare himself as Sindhis and not Baloch. Moreover a very large part of Balochistan is inhabited by the Brahui tribes in Kalat region and southern Balochistan and they don't have even any minor settlements in Sindh and especially Punjab.

Anyway Hindko is punjabi dialect and very similar to punjabi spoken around main land Punjab. Some hindkos have pashtun origin and others punjabi like jatts etc. These people were known as punjabis before 1947, just like Seraikis of DI Khan which is another dialect of punjabi. Otherwise Punjabi population is just 30% if we only include areas around Lahore as punjabis.

Historically? How? You realize historically Peshawar is part of Punjab? So how long are you gona go back historically? And another thing Janjuas, Ghakkars didn't came from Rajasthan. Rajput is umbrella term for Kashtriya who main occupation was being warrior. Genetically Janjuas, ghakkars etc are not related to Rajastan Rajputs.

The simple point am trying to make is that Pakistan can only remain united and free from ethnic/racial/linguistic based separatism only and only as an Islamic state and not otherwise and the glaring evidence of this reality is the separation of East Pakistan, separatist movements in Balochistan and Sindh and insurgency in FATA/KPK.

Moreover when I was talking about Pakhtuns and Baloch I was actually referring to traditional and mainland Pakhtunkhwa/FATA and Balochistan. You just selected a small minority (and that also not ethnically Punjabi) and tried to superimpose on the whole of the traditional/mainland Pakhtunkhwa, FATA and Balochistan.

Moreover if your argument of 'united fabric' of country is so true then why are all those Sindhis and Baloch demanding separation and independence from your so-called 'united fabric' of Pakistan?

There are many things you have ignored. Calling all these populations small minority, when they actually make up 15% of the country's population, 30 million people, They make up 60% in KPK and 35% in Balochistan. They include Pakhtun areas deeply connected with other language groups as Tank, and Marwat, Swabi and Chachh in Attock, or Far eastern Balochistan.
How did you make the connection of Pakhtuns and Baloch to Afghanistan?

Malang Baba, Your argument is, Punjabis are the only people who want a Pakistan of Jinnah Sahab. The rest wants desh of their own. This is not what Pakistanis want on the ground. You talked about Muhajirs. Why did you single them out? They are the best Pakistanis.

How? By taking loans from IMF?

Pakistan can only become an economy of note if it broadens the tax base. With Sharif family ruling, thats not happening. How will they tax themselves?

PMLN & PPP have track record of getting concessional loans from banks not to pay them back. This is how they have bought properties and have prospering businesses abroad. With swindlers like these, our economy will stay where it is or will get worse. Sorry for the gloomy but realistic picture.

He said that the country's economy has been growing at average of 5 or 5.5 percent which is not sufficient adding that if "we have to put the economy on right path, we need decent growth".

He expressed the hope that the country's economy would become among top ten economies at its 100th anniversary.

Economy turns around, indicators show positive change: Ahsan Iqbal
Haan bhai( I used some other choice words but better zense prevailed). Bongiyain marey jao aur kaam damri ka nahin. Mulk ko doonon hathoon say lootney say fursat miley to kuch kam karain. Unless the underlying monetary problems are resolved with strict fiscal austerity and discipline, the hurdles to our economy are removed ( electricity and water resources)and we have better tax collection from the 100 billion black economy, personal security of every person is assured Pakistan will remain in the same quagmire it is in now. Tomorrow when the effect of a friendly injection of dollars has worn off we will be back to square one. I said the the same thing when the chail chabeela gernail and his goon shortcut Aziz were in power and this will get repeated. Today also someone is tinkering with the indicators and timorrow also it will be businesss as usual.Under these idiots believe me Pakistan is going nowhere.
Araz

Back
Top Bottom