What's new

Pakistani billionaire father and son, British explorer, French diver and company’s CEO are the five members aboard submersible

The £250,000 has led many PDF members to utter the classic communist rhetoric.

The irony of rich people dying in a tourist submarine vs hundreds of poor migrants on a small boat.

The biggest irony is that it uses a goddamn shit-tier Logitech controller.
They don't even bother buying the latest one like the Dualsense.

This guy says it must have been catastrophic failure. He doesn't think there was knocking sound from the sub [optimism bias].
Experts know what they are doing they have lifted out F18 from under water
You are right. US has picked up aircraft from 19,000 ft under. Freaking incredible.

Last edited:
Well an hour of oxygen left as we speak. And the search is still going on.
We all know what's coming next. At this stage there should be no hope by the families. It's a difficult thing to accept as I've been through this but it is what it is.

Rest in peace , 1 hour oxygen and it takes 2 hours to decent up even in functional submarine
But have heard people coming out alive from under a earth quake building after 1 week

However different with no oxygen and water

Surprised the sub had no SOS bacon does it even work underwater at that depth

Even Wifi does not works had they setup a Wifi broadcast over the zone , remote chance had they carried a cell phone (which they did not obviously no need under water)

Last edited:
Well an hour of oxygen left as we speak. And the search is still going on.
We all know what's coming next. At this stage there should be no hope by the families. It's a difficult thing to accept as I've been through this but it is what it is.
Usually submarines have some candles made of NaClO2, which can release large amounts of oxygen.

Last edited:
This comment sums up the detail.
@kshepard52
6 hours ago
They knew they couldn't find the Titanic without being guided by the mother ship, so if they could, they'd have dropped ballast soon after they lost communication. The fact that they didn't leaves two possibilities:
1. They lost the ability to trigger the ballast release, the automatic system that was supposed to operate under this circumstance failed, or they fouled on something and couldn't break free after dropping ballast.
2. The hull failed and either flooded or imploded. It was constructed of carbon fiber and titanium which may thermally expand and contract at different rates. Temperatures dropped as they descended. Hull fatigue may have developed with repeated dives, creating weak points. Expansion and contraction would effect the interface between the hull and that big window.

Usually submarines have some candles made of NaClO2, which can release large amounts of oxygen.
They don't anymore, after Kursk, if the hull is breached, even slightly, those candle can ignite with the slightest form of organic compound (like oil and grease).

Most sub now are equipped with rebreathing tech, which uses soda lime to filtrate CO2 make the air breathable, but I seriously doubt they have those thing onboard

They don't anymore, after Kursk, if the hull is breached, even slightly, those candle can ignite with the slightest form of organic compound (like oil and grease).

Most sub now are equipped with rebreathing tech, which uses soda lime to filtrate CO2 make the air breathable, but I seriously doubt they have those thing onboard

When I was in chemistry lab class in high school, my chemistry teacher gave each student one of these candles to experiment with.

If schools can use this candle in large quantities, it must be very cheap.

A submarine full of rich people has no reason to lack such cheap material.

When I was in chemistry lab class in high school, my chemistry teacher gave each student one of these candles to experiment with.

yet the control panel was a videogame controller

Humans (at least some of us) have a spirit to explore the unknown. That is one of the things that makes us different
They weren't exploring anything new nor did they have the credentials, experience and/or training to embark on explorations.

Again, they wouldn't use sodium chlorite anymore, or any oxygen cartridge for that matter, I mean that's basically how those people who survived Kursk died at the end.

Most sub uses soda lime, they are quite expensive, I think it's up to $2500 a kilogram. And then they uses a gaming controller to steer this. This show you how much money they really do put into it.

Back
Top Bottom