What's new

Pakistani FM Hina Rabbani avoids Bangladeshi FM Momen’s call to seek apology for 1971 genocide at Colombo

If no one cared, they won't be having it in the curriculum.

Pakistan movement is also studied as political studies. British division of Bengal also is shed light upon.

If we stop telling the truth to children, they will take the falsehood of Bangladesh as truth.

I don't remember studying anything in detail, may be a small chapter in Mashart e aloom only.

Does it benefit us in anyway to put any importance to this? We have our own path and destiny as a nation, they would have mattered if they were not into this race of proving themselves superior and better.

We don't have to tell our children much in detail, they will realise it themselves when they come across any of them.

I don't remember studying anything in detail, may be a small chapter in Mashart e aloom only.
Small thought provoking chapters are enough to intrigue, interest and image the debacle.
Does it benefit us in anyway to put any importance to this? We have our own path and destiny as a nation, they would have mattered if they were not into this race of proving themselves superior and better.

We don't have to tell our children much in detail, they will realise it themselves when they come across any of them.

I think you have not been in touch with Pakistani politics. Politicians/feudals/populists have been threatening Bangladesh ever since the 80s.

The recent transformation is to explicitly target the military in this regard. Plus how are you going to disassociate Bangladesh from the name Bhutto?

Political fightback exactly what was going on. Strikes and the occasional civilian violence. You need riot police for that. This was a civilian matter, police should have been involved. Not soldiers and tanks, with orders to shoot to kill anyone on sight.

Regardless of what your narratives say, until March 25, no East Pakistani Bengali Military officer was involved in these political demonstrations. They defected and joined the war after the atrocities of Operation Searchlight became known to everyone. Many were held captive in the West during the entirety of the war. These military officers spearheaded the Mukti Bahini. All sector commanders were Bengali officers of Pakistan army.

Before you question the loyalty of these men- these were the very same soldiers who participated in the defence of Lahore in 1965. East Bengal Regiment won 12 gallantry award. Major Ziaur Rahman, who was one of the sector commanders and was later the President of Bangladesh, had received Hilal-i-Jurat for the Indo-Pak War in 1965.

Mukti Bahini received its volunteers after March 25. Prior to that it wasn't Mukti Bahini. It was just a small number of political goons of Awami league involved in the usual political violence. Operation Searchlight and events leading up to that was Pakistani Generals' own doing.

I don't believe Bangladeshi 3 million narrative. But even if it was just a couple of thousand civilian killed, it was wrong and unjustified action. The moment operation searchlight was launched, there was absolutely no way back. Partition was guaranteed.

Anyway, I won't waste any more of my time discussing with you, since you clearly blindly follow the military establishment narrative. These things have been discussed and dissected thousands of time in this very forum. There are plenty of documents available for you to read only if you are willing to open minded.

We will leave the justice to Allah.
Keep believing your BS. Operation was launched to restore writ of state. Western media reported on utter lawlessness in dakha before operation was launched. Bangalis start the killing. Operation was totally justified.

I think you have not been in touch with Pakistani politics. Politicians/feudals/populists have been threatening Bangladesh ever since the 80s.

Threatening with what?

Pakistani politicians are the most useless incompetent brains that somehow got wealthy enough to secure seats in the parliament.

The recent transformation is to explicitly target the military in this regard. Plus how are you going to disassociate Bangladesh from the name Bhutto?

What happened to bhutto? Some say it was divine justice. I only remember him for dynastic politics and leaving behind scum of the earth to loot and plunder.

The next Pakistani generation won't have any time for bhutto and his bloodline (if there is any left by that time) nor any memory of him, their whole history would revolve around how we (they) brought Pakistan back to stage of the world.

As far as military goes, they better evolve or else there won't be any place for them. If bangladeshis want an apology from Pakistani military they can write directly to GHQ in Rawalpindi, and at the same time they should request bangladeshi army to apologize for killing Mujeeb.

Threatening with what?
Some sort of freaking Haqeeqi Azadi
What happened to bhutto? Some say it was divine justice. I only remember him for dynastic politics and leaving behind scum of the earth to loot and plunder.

The next Pakistani generation won't have any time for bhutto and his bloodline (if there is any left by that time) nor any memory of him, their whole history would revolve around how we (they) brought Pakistan back to stage of the world.

As far as military goes, they better evolve or else there won't be any place for them. If bangladeshis want an apology from Pakistani military they can write directly to GHQ in Rawalpindi, and at the same time they should request bangladeshi army to apologize for killing Mujeeb.
I believe you and i agree that ignoring Bangladesh is not option.

Keep believing your BS. Operation was launched to restore writ of state. Western media reported on utter lawlessness in dakha before operation was launched. Bangalis start the killing. Operation was totally justified.

Its probably pointless to argue with some of these Pakistanis on this thread.

But I would still say the Bangladeshi government needs to give up this apology seeking behavior.

Especially, as someone made the point, the British seem to get a free pass.

I sleep peacefully at night thinking I am not indian, and I am grateful for it. This is the most sensible thing our fathers did and left for us.
How do you know that your sleep is more peaceful than mine? I too thank my forefathers for freedom of my nation.

No one is cheerleading anyone. There are few BD members here who are ready to get on their knees and don’t have conviction to call out for an apology. They are free to do so. I have no issues with them. There are others who want an apology. They are also free to demand one as you are to say no to it. These are the things that happen on a forum.

How many times we tell our children anything about Bangladesh? I don't and I won't, that is how important it is.
That’s your true colour? You didn’t care and you don’t care about the genocide done by PA.

Did you check how they felt since their forefathers too, gave them a nation but were treated like second class citizens? You were getting your peaceful sleep I guess.

I believe you and i agree that ignoring Bangladesh is not option.

They can request normalcy in relations, till then they are not important anymore, a lost cause to expect anything positive from them.

That’s your true colour? You didn’t care and you don’t care about the genocide done by PA.

Did you check how they felt since their forefathers too, gave them a nation but were treated like second class citizens? You were getting your peaceful sleep I guess.

What's your worth? 2 taka?

Look indian, you are not welcome to be part of this debate, bangladeshis can tolerate your stink as they did in past, we don't appreciate presence of a backstabbing coward bakhtora between us. No matter how much you try projecting your influence, you are not fooling anyone.

They can request normalcy in relations, till then they are not important anymore, a lost cause to expect anything positive from them.

Why hope for normalcy with rebellious traitors?

I think state of Pakistan should repeal governments decision to accept Bangladesh and term it as occupied East Pakistan.

What's your worth? 2 taka?
Ranting? Meaningless.
Look indian, you are not welcome to be part of this debate, bangladeshis can tolerate your stink as they did in past, we don't appreciate presence of a backstabbing coward bakhtora between us. No matter how much you try projecting your influence, you are not fooling anyone.
Look Paksiatni, ranting wouldn’t help. But that’s the fall back option for those who are on slippery ground and nothing meaningful to bring on the table. Are you one?

India participated in 1971 war to liberate BD. So us, them, me, him etc etc can remain in your pocket.

Any comments on my questions about your false peaceful sleep? Don’t rant if you have nothing to say. Keeping quite is also an option.

India participated in 1971 war to liberate BD.
That was part of it, but India was also a very poor country then and the economy just couldn't support the weight of the massive number of refugees who were fleeing into India. So, part of the reason to get militarily involved was also to ensure the return of the Bengali refugees.

How were Bengalis traitors? Mujib won the election. It was Yahya and the West Pakistani establishment that were traitors for disregarding the constitution and refusing to hand over power.

Disregarding the constitution?

The country had no constitution after March 1969, and the 1970 General Elections were held under LFO issued (illegally of course) by a dictator ..

Sheikh Mujib was rigidly adamant about making his "6 points Formula" the basis of the new constitution. He wanted separate currency and military forces for East Pakistan. That was unacceptable to the Pakistan Army as it stood for the integrity of Pakistan. All reconciliation efforts failed, primarily due to over reliance of Bengali leadership on India. Transferring power to Sheikh Mujib was akin to making Indra Gandhi the PM of Pakistan. But the Bengalis realizing that they cannot force Gen Yahya to accept their demands, resorted to violence and terrorism. The rest is history

Pakistan since 1979 has been involved in conflicts that have changed the world. Since that day to today it is almost 44 years, we have faced destruction, loss of life, attacks, isolation every hurdle that you can name we faced it and we still stand, bad good worst whatever we still stand, we leave a mark where ever we go.

What remarkable did bangladesh and india achieve during these 44 years that makes a stark difference in life of you lot (combined) to a Pakistani today? I have seen your midget bangladeshis at traffic lights and working as labor here, weak looking, malnourished, depressed.

At least Pakistanis have the heart to accept that what happened in 1971 is part our fault and mismanagement, you on the other hand don't even have the character to accept that it were your people who rebelled and colluded with the enemy state.

Next time when you try belittle us, just be thankful that your father was spared for his treason.
Except the rasicm in this post. I agree with the difference in circumstances leading to different trajectories of Pakistan and BD.

@Avicenna , bro, a lot of people (to my surprise) do accept our culpability in what transpired but they will not take trash talking by a couple of Bangladeshis with delusions of grandeur or false flagging indians high on gau mutr, one of the categories @UKBengali belongs to.

I think state of Pakistan should repeal governments decision to accept Bangladesh and term it as occupied East Pakistan.

The populace (as it is evident in abundance) hates us and Pakistan, we are not occupiers.

Normalcy, because we want them to think straight and not emotional.

Look Paksiatni, ranting wouldn’t help. But that’s the fall back option for those who are on slippery ground and nothing meaningful to bring on the table. Are you one?

India participated in 1971 war to liberate BD. So us, them, me, him etc etc can remain in your pocket.

Any comments on my questions about your false peaceful sleep? Don’t rant if you have nothing to say. Keeping quite is also an option.

Why are you trying so hard to attain my attention … in dian.

You are not relevant, nor important. This is our problem with them we will discuss it whichever way we want, your opinion and interference means poop only, stinky in dian.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom