What's new

Pakistani mega hit film ‘'Waar'’ | Reviews & Discussions.

Indians should be happy. Both the RAW agents characters are done by two very good looking actors(Shamoon and Meesha). They should be happy to be depicted that good looking. :)

Can you share the snaps, are they couple. I for one would like to watch the movie. I am very happy with the trailor i saw. Good Job.

Cinema houses have enjoyed an immense footfall for both ‘Boss’ and ‘Waar’ during the Eid holidays. It seems that consumers have enjoyed the Pakistani film ‘Waar’ and have made it a first choice to go and watch on Eid. This proves that locals have flocked to a local movie, which is just the way it should be and points towards a positive direction in the revival of local cinema in Pakistan.

Whilst it seems that ‘Boss’ has come as a second choice, looking at the numbers more closely, it seems that ‘Boss’ has probably done better than ‘Waar’. ‘Waar’ was given a substantially larger number of screens as compared to ‘Boss’. For example, in Atrium, Karachi and Centaurus, Islamabad, the proportion of screens allocated to ‘Waar’ verses ‘Boss’ was approximately 20 to ‘Waar’ and six to ‘Boss’ per day. In Shabistan/Prince, Lahore, the allocation was five to ‘Boss’ and four to ‘Waar’ per day. In utilisation numbers, screens with ‘Boss’ have been running nearly full shows, including very late night shows (post 1am) nationwide as compared to ‘Waar’, which faired very well but did not get 100 percent utilisation for all shows. Shabistan/Prince, Lahore enjoyed a footfall of over 10,000 consumers over the three holidays, of which 3,000 came to watch ‘Waar’ versus the majority turning to watch ‘Boss’.

This doesn’t come as a surprise as ‘Boss’ has been headed to be Akshay Kumar’s biggest opener worldwide. The media coverage and stunts that Akshay Kumar himself has propagated had created a colossal hype on the film. In India, the movie has made Rs 31.20 crores in just three days of its release. With Rs 15 crores as an opening day collection, ‘Boss’ has become the fourth highest opener in India of 2013 after ‘Chennai Express’, ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ and ‘Race 2’.

Whilst both ‘Boss’ and ‘Waar’ have had an avid following, both helped by the unusually long Eid holidays followed by a weekend, it remains interesting as to how both will fare in the upcoming weeks. ‘Waar’ with the serious annotation on the war on terror, with ‘Boss’ being an entertaining family film, cinema-houses expect to collect large revenues as both films get even more exposure through word of mouth and media coverage. pr

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Now guys please Relax...
Waar production cost was 2million $s...
which the producers are never gonna get back with movie running only in pakistan.....
Go watch a bollywood movie...chilla relax....:whistle:

First get your facts clear...

PEOPLE DON't GET TICKETS FOR WAR... do you have any idea ???? even you ask for two tickets... woh tak nahe milteen and you're talking about 3000 ? LOL

Thanx Bro!! Anyhow I'll keep a watch, if not, I'll look online.

I think it would be released in USA. It has been said that it would be released in 20+ countries. If it is true then it is impossible that it won't be released in USA. We have a big Pakistani community in USA after all.

Cinema houses have enjoyed an immense footfall for both ‘Boss’ and ‘Waar’ during the Eid holidays. It seems that consumers have enjoyed the Pakistani film ‘Waar’ and have made it a first choice to go and watch on Eid. This proves that locals have flocked to a local movie, which is just the way it should be and points towards a positive direction in the revival of local cinema in Pakistan.

Whilst it seems that ‘Boss’ has come as a second choice, looking at the numbers more closely, it seems that ‘Boss’ has probably done better than ‘Waar’. ‘Waar’ was given a substantially larger number of screens as compared to ‘Boss’. For example, in Atrium, Karachi and Centaurus, Islamabad, the proportion of screens allocated to ‘Waar’ verses ‘Boss’ was approximately 20 to ‘Waar’ and six to ‘Boss’ per day. In Shabistan/Prince, Lahore, the allocation was five to ‘Boss’ and four to ‘Waar’ per day. In utilisation numbers, screens with ‘Boss’ have been running nearly full shows, including very late night shows (post 1am) nationwide as compared to ‘Waar’, which faired very well but did not get 100 percent utilisation for all shows. Shabistan/Prince, Lahore enjoyed a footfall of over 10,000 consumers over the three holidays, of which 3,000 came to watch ‘Waar’ versus the majority turning to watch ‘Boss’.

This doesn’t come as a surprise as ‘Boss’ has been headed to be Akshay Kumar’s biggest opener worldwide. The media coverage and stunts that Akshay Kumar himself has propagated had created a colossal hype on the film. In India, the movie has made Rs 31.20 crores in just three days of its release. With Rs 15 crores as an opening day collection, ‘Boss’ has become the fourth highest opener in India of 2013 after ‘Chennai Express’, ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ and ‘Race 2’.

Whilst both ‘Boss’ and ‘Waar’ have had an avid following, both helped by the unusually long Eid holidays followed by a weekend, it remains interesting as to how both will fare in the upcoming weeks. ‘Waar’ with the serious annotation on the war on terror, with ‘Boss’ being an entertaining family film, cinema-houses expect to collect large revenues as both films get even more exposure through word of mouth and media coverage. pr

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Now guys please Relax...
Waar production cost was 2million $s...
which the producers are never gonna get back with movie running only in pakistan.....
Go watch a bollywood movie...chilla relax....:whistle:

Lol your so called boss has just earned 5 million according to local media. While business of Waar is in crores. According to Dunya news Waar has just earned 50 lacs rupees as compared to Waar whose business is just 4 crore 29 lac rupees in 3 days of eid.

f8tt.jpg

Chennai express has done much better business than the Boss and Waar has already beaten it comfortably. Cinemas here are replacing Boss shows with Waar because of the huge demand.

Karachi: Pakistani film revolving around the theme of terrorism in the country has set new record openings at the box office, beating the takings of Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Chennai Express' at Eid ul Fitr two months back.

'Waar' beats 'Chennai Express' in Pakistan, sets record

And or this rant.

Wrong again kid.

The film cost $2.5 million to make and is expected to be distributed in 25 countries.

Waar beats domestic box office record with opening day take of Rs11.4m – The Express Tribune

Go watch a bollywood movie

No thank you. :lol:

When will this movie, be displayed on democratic Indian cinemas?

And I don't have any issues with that either. Neither the producer or the director. India was never the target market for them. :)

Absolutely . Nor would Indian Consumers watch this kind of movie . They should target expat Pakistani population after release in Pakistan is done .

Waar will Go beyond 12crore in Pakistan.And Only in UAE,UK,Malaysia and USA it will gross more than 3million dollars.

The other major problem i see in Pakistan.There are no cinemas in whole of KPK and Balochistan.(more than 30million people combined and if we add FATA than 35million people)

We are extremely short of cinemas.How can odd 50-60 cinemas cover the cost of 2.5million dollars budget movie alone in Pakistan?

We need to have atleast 200 cinemas in Pakistan.Than our bigger budget movies can make profit in Pakistan otherwise not.

And considering with the faster Pace the the cinemas are being built in Pakistan.I am sure within the next 5 years we might be having 150-200 multiplex cinemas in Pakistan

I think it would be released in USA. It has been said that it would be released in 20+ countries. If it is true then it is impossible that it won't be released in USA. We have a big Pakistani community in USA after all.

I know that. That's why expect it to release here.

I asked my Pakistani friends here. They say probably it won't release in theatre. They aren't aware. Hence asking, if anyone knows here.

Waar will Go beyond 12crore in Pakistan.And Only in UAE,UK,Malaysia and USA it will gross more than 3million dollars.

The other major problem i see in Pakistan.There are no cinemas in whole of KPK and Balochistan.(more than 30million people combined and if we add FATA than 35million people)

We are extremely short of cinemas.How can odd 50-60 cinemas cover the cost of 2.5million dollars budget movie alone in Pakistan?

We need to have atleast 200 cinemas in Pakistan.Than our bigger budget movies can make profit in Pakistan otherwise not.

And considering with the faster Pace the the cinemas are being built in Pakistan.I am sure within the next 5 years we might be having 150-200 multiplex cinemas in Pakistan

The way waar is going, it would easily cross 12 crore mark. Or even 13 crore. The interesting part would be in which countries they would release it. I think waar profits can easily surpass its budget.

I have read it would be released in 25 countries. Is it true? Any news on this?

I know that. That's why expect it to release here.

I asked my Pakistani friends here. They say probably it won't release in theatre. They aren't aware. Hence asking, if anyone knows here.

If there would be an international release then there would be a USA release for sure.

When will this movie, be displayed on democratic Indian cinemas?

No theater in India will buy a Pakistani movie that shows war.
They know, no one will ever come to watch it.

The only Pakistani movies that have a chance to get some level of theater viewership are movies like 'Khuda ke liye' which show Pakistan in its correct form.

Thats how Indians view Pakistan, a backward society of knee length shalwars. Maybe a movie that show the somewhat moderate types of Pakistani's trying to change backward customs of the rest.

Thats what will sell.

The only Pakistani movies that have a chance to get some level of theater viewership are movies like 'Khuda ke liye' which show Pakistan in its correct form.

Thats how Indians view Pakistan, a backward society of knee length shalwars. Maybe a movie that show the somewhat moderate types of Pakistani's trying to change backward customs of the rest.

Thats what will sell.

Indians are the best, most civilized, pure of all social evils society, that has ever lived, where milk and honey flows in the streets :D

Your post just shows, how ignorant Indians are about Pakistanis, not that we give a crap.

Thats what will sell.

The director and the producer never cared about India. India was never there target. It is evident from the plot of the movie. So I don't think they would mind if this movie isn't released in India.

Back
Top Bottom