What's new

Pakistani mega hit film ‘'Waar'’ | Reviews & Discussions.

What???
How many multiplex cinema halls are there in Pakistan?

I exactly don't know but just in Multan there are around 5-6 and two buildings claiming to have them are underway…
Multan is southern Punjab city which is not counted as big city.
and here i guess it is becoming a fashion to have a cinema hall with restuants & shopping centers to make a plaza or tower successful……:coffee:
also do consider taking a look at #50.
while cities at Eids are almost empty it even amazed me dude……:yu:
and fella also do consider we people love ******** :omghaha:

Coinciding with the release of “War Chhod Na Yar” on the Indian side, comes a Pakistani movie called “Waar” which has an entirely different story-line. Opening to cinemas on Eid this week, “Waar” is a movie about Pakistan’s war on terrorism and how India is behind all the terrorist activities that take place here.
Relying heavily on stereotypes that exist in Pakistani media already, “Waar” is a story about one Major Mujhtaba, a retired army officer who had taken an early retirement from the forces due to personal reasons. This lead role is played by the country’s top actor, Shaan.

A special task force of the police is trying to tackle terrorism in the tribal areas but there comes a time when they realize that Pakistan is about to be hit by a terrorist attack and none but the retired Major Ehtesham can lead such a complicated operation.

The two villans in the movie that emerge are the local politicians (there are look alikes of Zardari and Nawaz Sharif) and RAW agents, who come in different shapes and sizes.

The two RAW agents Ramal and Laxmi are the primary cause of most trouble in Pakistan. The movie shows them behind political murders, suicide bombings and even kidnapping. There is another RAW agent who works as a social worker by day and honey-traps willing politicians by nights.
waar_pakistanifilm.jpg

The poster of Bilal Lishari’s ‘Waar’
With such a predictable story line, some observers say that Pakistani producers are using the formula of Indian films of the 80’s which rely heavily on propaganda and patriotism. The fact that the movie has funding from the Pakistan Army through its public relations arm also helps explain its plot, they add.

At the same time, technically ‘Waar’ is better than most Pakistani movies and is also the country’s most expensive movie made to date.

Best wishes for pak film industry.....

Most expensive movie dedicated to INDIA....!! Thankz maybe :P

so now pak army is making movies.....good going :smart: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can fake it, it is real.
One of em chicks has american accent too.
in any case someone's accent should nt be an issue. Shows too much pettiness!
Its is just a movie at the end of the day and you should enjoy it as such if you
wish to watch it!
accent does make a lot of difference , it effects the genuineness of the character.
you might find it hard to digest if i make a bihari character speak in a fake american accent , people belonging to different regions have different accents.
i understand its just a film but this makes it very much wannabe.

accent does make a lot of difference , it effects the genuineness of the character.
you might find it hard to digest if i make a bihari character speak in a fake american accent , people belonging to different regions have different accents.
Regardless, it should'nt concern you!
Enjoy the movie!

Pakistani English is based on UK English and their assent while Indian English is based on US that's why it's hard to digest it for you but not for us……:pop:

I will count Waar 1st Pakistani Action movie on nationl security & serious issues……:coffee:
you gotta fetch some info brodra :pop:

maybe thats bcz you don't make a lot of movies , but movies like BOL and khuda ke liye where all based on some serious issues if i am not wrong. I want to see a light hearted comic movie , these movies that you are making right now can't be classified as mass entertainers, you need crowd pullers to revive cinema in your country.

what ever be.......... good work should be appreciated......to make one good movie ....lots of hard work and dedication is required

Ye dil apka Hua movie released in 2002 had earned over 3.4million dollars in Pakisatn in 2002.

Never knew this.

Waar should than atleast gross over 8-10million dollars

maybe thats bcz you don't make a lot of movies , but movies like BOL and khuda ke liye where all based on some serious issues if i am not wrong. I want to see a light hearted comic movie , these movies that you are making right now can't be classified as mass entertainers, you need crowd pullers to revive cinema in your country.

these are serious but not about fighting dude while you mentioned Fight……
BTW here biggest hit was Badmash Guggar……:rofl:

Pakistani English is based on UK English and their assent while Indian English is based on US that's why it's hard to digest it for you but not for us……:pop:

and who told you that? indian english is based upon british english genius , do some research and moreover accent and written english are two different things .

Best wishes for pak film industry.....

Most expensive movie dedicated to INDIA....!! Thankz maybe :P

so now pak army is making movies.....good going :smart: :rofl:
When Anti Pakistans movies are made in india Does your army make these movies
Why need to Trolll
they are all civilian actors its funded by civilians director is civilian Movie is about terrorism in Pakistan

When Anti Pakistans movies are made in india Does your army make these movies
Why need to Trolll
they are all civilian actors its funded by civilians director is civilian Movie is about terrorism in Pakistan

check out the last para of the main article..... it actully says tht ths muvi is producd by pak army....

Back
Top Bottom