What's new

Pakistanis told to drink less tea as nation grapples with economic crisis

Been drinking tea for years, never had any one these troubles though pregnancy doesn't apply to me of course. At home I drink three mugs milk tea a day - 08:00, around 12:00 and after 17:00.

Bloody coffee lover ! Let's tell him, @Joe Shearer @CHN Bamboo :
viral-funny-tea-memes-768x479.jpeg

tea-memes-8.jpeg

on-the-occasion-of-international-tea-day-londe-aughing-mention-38681427.png

What is "cookies" ? Call them biscuits... biscuits !
i don't drink coffee. Stomach issues. don't like tea either. The weather is already hot enough rather drink something soothing and cold!!!!!!

i don't drink coffee. Stomach issues. don't like tea either. The weather is already hot enough rather drink something soothing and cold!!!!!!

plum_adventure_715x444-1712108-jpg.jpg.ulenscale.2048x830.jpg

Pakistanis have been urged to drink less tea to keep the economy afloat, as the world's largest tea importer grapples with soaring inflation and a fast-depreciating rupee.
The country's Federal Minister for Planning and Development, Ahsan Iqbal, on Tuesday told reporters that Pakistanis could reduce their tea consumption by "one or two cups" per day as imports are putting additional financial strain on the government.
"The tea we import is imported by taking a loan," Iqbal said, adding businesses should also close earlier to save electricity.

The South Asian nation of 220 million is the world's largest importer of tea, buying more than $640 million worth in 2020, according to the Observatory of Economic Complexity.

Pakistan has been facing severe economic challenges for months, leading to an increase in the prices of food, gas and oil.
Meanwhile, its foreign currency reserves are declining rapidly. Funds held by the central bank fell from $16.3 billion at the end of February to just above $10 billion in May, according to Reuters -- a more than $6 billion drop and enough to cover the cost of two months of its imports.
Many in Pakistan took to social media to ridicule Iqbal's plea, saying cutting tea consumption would do little to ease the country's economic woes.

Pakistan's economic crisis was at the center of a political showdown between Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and his predecessor Imran Khan earlier this year, leading to Khan's ouster in April.
Sharif accused Khan of economic mismanagement and mishandling of the country's foreign policy, forcing Khan out of office in a no-confidence vote.

Soon they will be telling us drink cow piss too, imported from India and bottled at the Nora factories in Dubai.

How stupid is that!

I wonder, on the other hand, how stupid will the persons be, who obey and drink it?
Are you denying that Indian national drink no longer available and Indians are wised up all of a sudden ?

Hmm, I have never eaten chocolate-filled biscuits though I know of one called Lotte. But I have eaten Britannia Good Day chocolate chip biscuits with tea :
maxresdefault.jpg

You have some weird taste buds

Are you denying that Indian national drink no longer available and Indians are wised up all of a sudden ?
There is no Indian national drink, so whether or not such a non-existent thing is no longer available is a question chasing its own tail?

I don't see Indians wised up all of a sudden. If anything, my countrymen have become bigger dopes. That is nothing much to write home about, considering the even more precipitous degradation in other countries' nationals, but it does cause an engaged Indian a deal of thought.

چائے چھڑاؤ مہم..
. غیر سیاسی شعر

احسن کہنے پہ وہ بھی گرا دی!

وہ ٹھنڈی سی چاۂےکی آدھی پیالی
Tea Redemption Campaign ...
Non-Political ....
At Ahsan's request,
I also dropped! That half cup of cold tea

My parents discussed this today, apparently tea is over 300 a kg and their relatives are making a big issue of this, this country is not livable for little comforts like tea, forget cars and air conditioning necessities. That ask for help had made them sad, but also made them more grateful to not be there.
How times change...for them homeland has been a good memory, sad...
Someone needs to work on growing tea in pakistan
There is plenty of scope for tea & olive production

چائے چھڑاؤ مہم..
. غیر سیاسی شعر

احسن کہنے پہ وہ بھی گرا دی!

وہ ٹھنڈی سی چاۂےکی آدھی پیالی
Tea Redemption Campaign ...
Non-Political ....
At Ahsan's request,
I also dropped! That half cup of cold tea
Use to be tea drinker but only drink coffee these days

I think everyone that supports or supported NS and Zardari clans deserves this...suffering must be max for our stupid nation to wake up.

Mark my words until and unless we start shooting almost every parliamentarian judge senor tax inspectors senior police officers and generals nothing will change
You know my thoughts are along those lines but one should not wish misery on others.

Despite the PDM actions and a hopeless economy, there is still no extreme widespread poverty yet. However, it won’t take long.

Someone needs to work on growing tea in pakistan
There is plenty of scope for tea & olive production

Use to be tea drinker but only drink coffee these days
We don't really have the climate for tea. This has been tried and we have some small scale production

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom