What's new

.Pakistan's GDP has grown to $165bn

India top 5 India businessmen are valued around $185billion which I expected Pakistan economy to be around 250billion mark.

By the way, is aid included in a nation GDP?

India is not relevant to this thread. You should check the comments about the rich Indian businessmen already posted.

No, aid is not included in GDP.

India is not relevant to this thread. You should check the comments about the rich Indian businessmen already posted.

Thinking about it, aid is included in a nation GDP indirectly, as that aid money will circulate around Pakistan economy, as in buying Pakistan blankets etc etc for the poor.

^ I don't credit for WoT because US was pure and simple interfering in our personal affairs by putting sanctions on us. The sanctions shouldn't have been there in the first place.

It does not matter because sanctions were there, and Pakistan was doing badly..USA was not the only country that had sanctioned Pakistan) ...afterall applying economic and military sanctions is sanctioning country's prerogative ....but Pakistan's participation in WOT changed all that..and Pakistan economic demise changed into economic boom.

PDF fanboys grows economy as per their own wish just like some Indian fan-boys does in Indian economy threads.

First Musharraf's fan-boys exaggerated figures and showed incorrect figures everywhere in blogs and websites... now other fan-boys showing incorrect figures.

It was near 160 billion dollars in 2008, 162-164 in 2009 and 168 in 2010. Now it should be near 172-175 billion dollars maximum. Secondly the growth rate we witnessed was in rupees and rupee lost its value of about 20% since past 2 years... so that also made a huge difference in measuring our economy in dollars.

zaki you are totally wrong here, here pakistani govt has no role in estimating gdp , it is done center bank of the country (in your cas state bank of pakistan)and it is constantly monitored by world bank and IMF, same way some rating agensies like Cry ext also rate a countrys economic development they will release economic condition of all the country for every quoter yearly .

yes pakistan is growing in rupee term but your economic sinked in dollar term , that why your your gdp sinked from 170 + billions in 2010 to 165+ billions in 2011

It does not matter because sanctions were there, and Pakistan was doing badly..USA was not the only country that had sanctioned Pakistan) ...after applying economic and military sanctions is sanctioning country's prerogative ....but Pakistan's participation in WOT changed all that..and Pakistan economic demise changed into economic boom.

Of course it matters. Yes, the sanctions were there, but all WoT did was to end the unfairness. The sanctions should've not been there to begin with. I am not gonna credit US for ending their sanctions. You do not give credit to someone for first being an as*hole and then to end that crap. Simple as that.

Who said that?

zaki you are totally wrong here, here pakistani govt has no role in estimating gdp , it is done center bank of the country (in your cas state bank of pakistan)and it is constantly monitored by world bank and IMF, same way some rating agensies like Cry ext also rate a countrys economic development they will release economic condition of all the country for every quoter yearly .

yes pakistan is growing in rupee term but your economic sinked in dollar term , that why your your gdp sinked from 170 + billions in 2010 to 165+ billions in 2011

Rupee has lost no value for last 2 odd years. That's why the real GDP would be around 175 billion today.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Who said that?

Common sense did. It may be only indirectly added.

Rupee has lost no value for last 2 odd years. That's why the real GDP would be around 175 billion today.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Common sense did. It may be only indirectly added.
:woot:
Plz explain the indirectly added part.

Thinking about it, aid is included in a nation GDP indirectly, as that aid money will circulate around Pakistan economy, as in buying Pakistan blankets etc etc for the poor.

Well you have to first remember that at least half (probably more) is reimbursement provided for services in WoT. So then of the 10 billion aid that Pakistan has got, 5 billion maximum can be considered aid, and you might be right that it could add up as GDP. But for what Pakistan has lost in WoT, it is peanuts.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

:woot:
Plz explain the indirectly added part.

Well you're questioning me first. So you need to explain yourself. Explain how aid goes into the GDP.

Well you have to first remember that at least half (probably more) is reimbursement provided for services in WoT. So then of the 10 billion aid that Pakistan has got, 5 billion maximum can be considered aid, and you might be right that it could add up as GDP. But for what Pakistan has lost in WoT, it is peanuts.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Well you're questioning me first. So you need to explain yourself. Explain how aid goes into the GDP.

Ok here is simple formula for GDP.

GDP=C+I+G+(X-M)

C=CONSUMTION
I=INVESTMENT
G=GOVT SPENDING
X=EXPORT
M=IMPORT

Now figure out yourself under which heading foreign direct aid goes in.;)

Ok, fair enough, you might be right. No big deal though. The 5 billion aid (no, not 10 billion, or 18 billion) we've got is peanuts nevertheless for what we've lost. Actually it would be peanuts even if you use the fake figure of 18 billion.

Ok, fair enough, you might be right. No big deal though. The 5 billion aid (no, not 10 billion, or 18 billion) we've got is peanuts nevertheless for what we've lost. Actually it would be peanuts even if you use the fake figure of 18 billion.

Is that 5 billion civillian aid or military aid?

I would personally like to thank China, the Chinese people and the Chinese goverment for helping Pakistan and sticking by us during these times. I would like to thank them on all the development they are doing in Karachi increasing our economy. I think without the Chinese we would have seriously struggled so thank you for the help.

:china:

we lost nt only 5bn

bt as of present Govt the WOT total cost is more then 35bn USD as of early 2010

Back
Top Bottom