What's new

Pakistan's UAV - Drone developments

USA drone crash in qaziristan
12-5-2011_27950_l.jpg

is pakistan using rq-7 shadow uav
wikipedia is showing that we give the order of these uavs in past
what is the progress
Shadow_200_UAV_%282%29.jpg

So how many UAVs does we have and do we have a long range UAV like Falco in PN as they really need that one????? I am sure that the NAvy along with army and airforce will going to use BURRAQ

China Eyes Pakistan for Armed Drones Sales

11 July 2011

China has increased its research in drone technology and is in the process of building armed, jet-propelled unmanned planes with plans to sell to countries like Pakistan.

The Washington Post quoted Chinese analysts as saying, "No country has ramped up its research in recent years faster than China ... but now every major manufacturer for the Chinese military has a research centre devoted to drones."

The large number of drones displayed at the recent exhibitions underlines China's determination and desire to sell the technology in the international market.

The Chengdu Aircraft Design and Research Institute representative Zhang Qiaoliang said, "The United States doesn't export many attack drones, so we're taking advantage of that hole in the market."

Zhang also added that the company anticipated sales in Pakistan, the Middle East and African nations.

Pakistan had earlier purchased one surveillance drone from China and has plans to acquire additional armed drones.

Have any pictures of NESCOM'S Burraq been released to public yet?

Best regards

UAV development is the most hot topic in the defense industry of Pakistan these days and almost all of the new tech budget is getting spent on developing them. Payload carrying is the most trickiest of tasks but we can see our own drones coming out with our own weapons installed on them pretty soon!

UAV development is the most hot topic in the defense industry of Pakistan these days and almost all of the new tech budget is getting spent on developing them. Payload carrying is the most trickiest of tasks but we can see our own drones coming out with our own weapons installed on them pretty soon!
Any source dude or just your perceptions????????

Here's an excerpt of a PRI report on Pakistani drones:

Reports of Pakistan working on producing its own drones began to surface in 2009. The most highly touted model is called the “Burraq”, named for a mythical winged creature that is said to have carried the Prophet Muhammed.

Masood said the military is working hard on it, but there’s still no guarantee it will be flying anytime soon.

“I think they are on a high priority. There is no doubt about it, they are on a high priority. But even if a weapons system is on a high priority because of the complexity and the advanced nature of its technology it may take some time before it is mastered and its full utilization is made.”

In fact, Pakistan already has a long history of designing and producing drones, many of them created by a man named Raja Sabri Khan.

His near obsession with unmanned aircraft started at a young age. Khan found himself compelled to do whatever it took to fund his research.

“I augmented my nonexistent earnings by teaching physics and doing fashion photography so these helped Pakistan’s first drones to be created,” Khan said.

His clear preference for model aircraft over fashion models carried Khan to the top of his industry. In fact, he said he’s sold his unarmed drones to a company he does not want to name in the United States.

Khan said the drones flying in American airspace are being used for law enforcement, security and even search and rescue.

But he is adamantly opposed to arming drones because of the risk that innocent people will be harmed.

Still, Khan expects Pakistan’s political and military leaders will push ahead, seeing a missile firing drone as nothing more than the latest airborne weapon of war.

“I feel bombing civilians is unfair,” he said. “It’s something that cannot be condoned. But at the same time, a drone is nothing more than an aircraft without a pilot [on board]. And if you use it to fight a war, I think political considerations far outweigh the idealistic side of the issue.”

There is another potential side effect of Pakistan’s determination to manufacture its own drone fleet. Talat Masood said China has become a key partner in the development of the Burraq drone.

Masood said the US, which has cooperated with the Pakistani military on joint projects and training for years, should be paying attention.

“So you can see how lasting those bonds are. And any country which has a defense relationship which is strong and binding, then the relationship also becomes very lasting,” he said.

Pakistan Building its Own Drones | PRI's The World

where are those destroyed drones at this time
did we return them as usual or there are under study

Just a personal opinion that i wld like to share with you all (may seem like complete BS to many of u) ---------the current violations of Pakistani sovereignty by the US is fueling a major revolution that is going to take place in pakistani drone manufacturing industry in the coming 5 to 10 years and this would be led by the pakistani youth itself. pakistani people want the government to do something about these air space violations by The US but due to various reasons ( not being technologically able to counter it is 1 big reason) the govt hasn't done any thing, now out of this frustration of not being able to do anything many have taken the job in their own hands and are trying to do the best they can. what I think is gonna result in pakistani drone technology becoming one of the best in the world (some 5 to 7 years from now) is that pakistani ppl noe that they have to come up with something as good as us drones. but of course this is gonna happen only if even a semi honest government is in the center.

Back
Top Bottom